Nysier Brooks

Actually, donors, alumni and boosters have more influence than people think. Like most people, Blake James will be moved with the right amount of money.
LOL If you actually believe what you wrote. Are you an alum, donor or booster? I think you are pretty naive about the University of Miami.

Advertisement
LOL If you actually believe what you wrote. Are you an alum, donor or booster? I think you are pretty naive about the University of Miami.

I assume you are part of the fan group who claims Miami has limited money and resources. I respect that is your viewpoint.

Food for thought, when Mark Richt become the football coach and he wanted an indoor practice facility, it took less than a year for alumni, boosters and donors to raise over 30 million dollars to get an indoor practice facility built on the campus in 2 years.

Just because you don't know where the money is does not mean the money does not exist. I just takes the right person or reason for it to appear.

I assume you are part of the fan group who claims Miami has limited money and resources. I respect that is your viewpoint.

Food for thought, when Mark Richt become the football coach and he wanted an indoor practice facility, it took less than a year for alumni, boosters and donors to raise over 30 million dollars to get an indoor practice facility built on the campus in 2 years.

Just because you don't know where the money is does not mean the money does not exist. I just takes the right person or reason for it to appear.
I'm not sure the IPF funding has reached its goal even yet. Nor money to improve Coach L and his assistants' offices. Let's face it -- if Richt hadn't given the U a "build this OPF or else" ultimatum, it would never have happened. If the U does have $$ floating around, it's clear the AD is sucking hind teat.

A large part of the failure to achieve in athletics at Miami is due to the failures of the AD's. From Tad Foote to Kirby Holcutt to Blake James. No one has ever said, the best AD in the history of Miami is.....no one.

It is quite remarkable that Miami has achieved what it has given the ADs that have been there.

A large part of the failure to achieve in athletics at Miami is due to the failures of the AD's. From Tad Foote to Kirby Holcutt to Blake James. No one has ever said, the best AD in the history of Miami is.....no one.

It is quite remarkable that Miami has achieved what it has given the ADs that have been there.
Ever hear of Sam Jankovich? Paul Dee was not a bad AD either. Blake has done a good job as AD. We have won 5 (really 6) NC's in Football, and 4 in Baseball and have had numerous NC's in minor and individual sports.

Advertisement

Tad Foote wasn't an AD. The best AD in UM history was AD while Foote was president.

Miami needs to request a waiver for Brooks this season. The NCAA are giving them out for coaching changes.

To much work for L and staff to request one. They have hung their shoes up for the 2019 recruiting year. Strictly focused on 2020 now lmao

Advertisement
1. L is the best coach UM has ever had (even going back to the **** Hickox, Mike McCoy, Rick Barry, and Don Curnutt days in the 50s, 60s and early 70s).

2. If you can't fill out your roster with ACC caliber players, though, that's a BIG negative (regardless of whether that's all L's fault, or not). Last year the FBI thing gave L a pass. If this continues this season, and we do finish 10th or so in the ACC as predicted, might be time to look elsewhere. This program, still with no real "culture," can't afford unlimited patience. You're either moving forward as a program, or you're falling further behind.

Advertisement
The waiver is one thing. Doesn't Brooks have some medical issue? Knee? Thought that was why he was being held out this season.

Advertisement
The waiver is one thing. Doesn't Brooks have some medical issue? Knee? Thought that was why he was being held out this season.

I thought it was a minor injury that needed minor surgery like a scope. It makes not sense to delay it unless they do not want him to miss the trip to Italy.

Advertisement
Back