Nysier Brooks

But since we might not have him this year we need to see Miller and Gak improve ALOT
Screenshot_20190507-114604_Twitter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
What’s his case to get a waiver? If he does in fact get one, this would be big. Him, Stone (If Healthy), Walker, Sam, Gak, and Miller would be our big guys. If we get that one dude down to Kansas, Creighton, and us and another impact guard this team is a middle of the pack ACC team.

Advertisement
What’s his case to get a waiver? If he does in fact get one, this would be big. Him, Stone (If Healthy), Walker, Sam, Gak, and Miller would be our big guys. If we get that one dude down to Kansas, Creighton, and us and another impact guard this team is a middle of the pack ACC team.
I think our ceiling is higher than middle of the pack if Brooks becomes eligible.

PG - Lykes, Wong
SG - DJ, Beverly
SF - McGusty, Stone
PF - Gak, Walker, Sam
C - Brooks, Miller

Coaching change, so it's not looking good, in my opinion, but we still have a shot.

1. Without graduating, Brooks could try to get a waiver due to change in circumstances (e.g. his coach leaving).
2. Stone isn't a big man, if healthy.
3. None of those non-freshman (e.g. Sam, Gak and/or Miller) are proven big men.
4. Tristan, who knows if we can get him. Who knows if he will be ready?
5. Walker is a PF but he is a true freshman. Same thing as Tristan.
6. The bottom line is we need an eligible big men who is proven.

Not very impressed with our Athletic Department's interwebz skills. Tweet out an announcement, and an hour later, the website still has nothing.

Advertisement
1. Without graduating, Brooks could try to get a waiver due to change in circumstances (e.g. his coach leaving).
2. Stone isn't a big man, if healthy.
3. None of those non-freshman (e.g. Sam, Gak and/or Miller) are proven big men.
4. Tristan, who knows if we can get him. Who knows if he will be ready?
5. Walker is a PF but he is a true freshman. Same thing as Tristan.
6. The bottom line is we need an eligible big men who is proven.
Eranuna is one of the more college-ready prospects still left on the board. Very polished player.

I think our ceiling is higher than middle of the pack if Brooks becomes eligible.

PG - Lykes, Wong
SG - DJ, Beverly
SF - McGusty, Stone
PF - Gak, Walker, Sam
C - Brooks, Miller
Still need another impact big man and guard. If that happens then I’m it’s fair to say middle of the pack. The only guys I could trust is Lykes and DJ and there’s a short leash there.

Advertisement
Really good addition, even if he has to sit a year.

I'd have to think they'll still add a grad transfer center. Even if we get Enarua, that still leaves 1 open spot

Advertisement
We can play 2 forwards. We need a big and a wing. We don't need a traditional center.

Is this real life? We need a quality eligible proven big man. You want to call him a "big", whatever. The point remains.

We have NONE as of right now.

Is this real life? We need a quality eligible proven big man. You want to call him a "big", whatever. The point remains.

We have NONE as of right now.

When AustinCane6688 mentioned that Tristan could help us out immediately you made the point that Tristan wasn't a 5. I then pointed out that we didn't need a traditional 5. I don't know what you read that would cause you to question reality .

When AustinCane6688 mentioned that Tristan could help us out immediately you made the point that Tristan wasn't a 5. I then pointed out that we didn't need a traditional 5. I don't know what you read that would cause you to question reality .

I can follow the convo.

We still need a proven eligible quality big man. I am sorry you got hung up on the part about the "5".

Advertisement
Back