Nysier Brooks to the portal

Advertisement
Real question because I checked out like 3 months ago - how many scholarship players do we have now? I mean, can we even field a team or should we just go intramurals?

Beyond laughable at this point. The thinking with Brooks was he'd either be done with basketball altogether to start his cooking business or come back for another season. He wasn't a great big by any means, but we needed him back because we have no one inside.

No one wants to play for L anymore.

Real question because I checked out like 3 months ago - how many scholarship players do we have now? I mean, can we even field a team or should we just go intramurals?
With so many guys in the portal, yea we'll load up on transfers.. Sam, Beverly, maybe Gak, the 3 freshmen, and I guess 8 or so transfers. I doubt Wong sticks around. Wild.

And one would hope coach L would see the writing on the wall and hang it up but I don't think that's his m.o.

Advertisement
For sure coming back (or so we've been told):
Walker
Beverly
Sam

Incoming freshmen:
Robinson
Poplar
Joseph (assuming he signs)

Testing the NBA waters and might come back (or so we've been told):
Wong
McGusty

So the current BEST case scenario, assuming no other surprises and Wong and Kam decide they aren't ready for the pros, is we have 8 scholarship players.

Oh God Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This has to be one of the more surprising names from this year's team to hit the transfer portal. I expect Miller and Gak to bolt, but you know there are major issues here when a player who was looking at playing major minutes next season (in the ACC mind you) prefers to go play elsewhere. Unbelievable!

This has to be one of the more surprising names from this year's team to hit the transfer portal. I expect Miller and Gak to bolt, but you know there are major issues here when a player who was looking at playing major minutes next season (in the ACC mind you) prefers to go play elsewhere. Unbelievable!
Agreed. I thought if he was leaving it would be because he's done with basketball and wants to start his cooking business.

Or at least that's what L told us. Either L is playing politics like DaLuckyOne has said, or he's completely out of touch with his team.

Agreed. I thought if he was leaving it would be because he's done with basketball and wants to start his cooking business.

Or at least that's what L told us. Either L is playing politics like DaLuckyOne has said, or he's completely out of touch with his team.

It's both. L is saying what AD and BoT need to hear, but he's also lost the pulse of this team. I've always liked Larranaga, but it's selfish and pretty egotistical for him to see what's going on with this program and not step aside. I've lost total respect for the guy.

Advertisement
Back