2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian burns did and was a R1 guy and he never played run and shot up field every play. If u get Harbor on Campus and he commits to Edge I’m sure he will develop pass rush moves
If I recall, Burns had speed and some bend as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sooo...

So I'm a Level 2 USATF coach and I'm at the AAU Jr. Olympics in Greensboro and just witnessed this dude run the 200m Semis in person...

This guy ran 20.94 and had another 4-5 tenths in the tank EASY. If you follow track, his running style is like a Joe Fanbulleh of UF fame...

In terms of football, this kid was made to play DE or TE with that frame. Frame is way too big for WR imo. He would be battling weight issues his whole career... But I'm no football scout 😎

All I do know- this guy's speed is legit and he does have some real decisions in front of him. Not sure if he is a track guy like Erriyon K. or not, but he is the goods in terms of track potential...
If he wants to do track, he needs to slim down anyway. Right now he is around 6'5, 230-235 lbs. Usain Bolt at his peak had the same height, but 30 pounds less. The current WC is 5'11 170 lbs IIRC. And if he has trouble with that, forget track in the first place.

Harbor is either a TE or a strong-side DE. Burns has an unnatural ability to bend around the corner and make himself small. Harbor does not have that, he is more of a speed to power guy with long arms.

Honestly, given how our offense is designed to include Tight Ends, I am all for recruiting him there. Who is going to cover him successfully at that size with 10.3 speed? We all saw what Brock Bowers did as a freshman last season.

Brian burns did and was a R1 guy and he never played run and shot up field every play. If u get Harbor on Campus and he commits to Edge I’m sure he will develop pass rush moves

My point wasn't that he couldn't develop into a legit DE. I'm saying that, with his track commitments, he won't have time. It takes time and consistency to develop pass rush moves.... and counter moves. It's my opinion that, he won't be able to just speed past P5 OTs and doesn't have the time to actually develop.

He's supposedly sitting between 230-240 right now, and probably will stay at that weight or slim down for track, which is counter productive to what he would need to develop as a football player

Advertisement
My point wasn't that he couldn't develop into a legit DE. I'm saying that, with his track commitments, he won't have time. It takes time and consistency to develop pass rush moves.... and counter moves. It's my opinion that, he won't be able to just speed past P5 OTs and doesn't have the time to actually develop.

He's supposedly sitting between 230-240 right now, and probably will stay at that weight or slim down for track, which is counter productive to what he would need to develop as a football player
Hey the kid can dream but he’s just too **** big for track haha

For y'all saying he's too **** big for track, what are y'all saying about jw at safety?
Compared to the worlds elite, yes, he is too big. Thats an unquestionable fact.

I dont see James Williams being oversized for a S. He is 6'5, 225 lbs. Taylor was 212 lbs. If anything, I like Williams size as a S more, because he can cover big TEs, be a force vs the run and still play deep half when he has to.

But for track, compared to what the elite has in terms of size (I mentioned Bolt specifically due to the same height), yes, he is too heavy and would benefit from dropping weight.

Advertisement
Sooo...

So I'm a Level 2 USATF coach and I'm at the AAU Jr. Olympics in Greensboro and just witnessed this dude run the 200m Semis in person...

This guy ran 20.94 and had another 4-5 tenths in the tank EASY. If you follow track, his running style is like a Joe Fanbulleh of UF fame...

In terms of football, this kid was made to play DE or TE with that frame. Frame is way too big for WR imo. He would be battling weight issues his whole career... But I'm no football scout 😎

All I do know- this guy's speed is legit and he does have some real decisions in front of him. Not sure if he is a track guy like Erriyon K. or not, but he is the goods in terms of track potential...
I agree with you.
For those who believe that he is too big for track, or at least the events he competes in, Usain Bolt was an extreme outlier as well in terms of size, mind you he wasn't 40 lbs heavier the scientifically ideal size (i.e., 5'11 180-185lbs), pretty well Errington Knight. Nonetheless, Usain had a extremely large gate in comparison to all other former sprinting stars, but with how the world is going, with the size to speed ratio the ideal size metrics is going to have more of these extreme outliers. It's wild to see guys that big move that fast.

I dont see James Williams being oversized for a S. He is 6'5, 225 lbs. Taylor was 212 lbs. If anything, I like Williams size as a S more, because he can cover big TEs, be a force vs the run and still play deep half when he has to.

But for track, compared to what the elite has in terms of size (I mentioned Bolt specifically due to the same height), yes, he is too heavy and would benefit from dropping weight.
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yoo! Hit the button

Advertisement

Taylor who??.. Sean Taylor was listed at 6’2 - 6’3 220+lbs in college… freak athlete.

I only asked a question & you gave an answer. Sounds to me like it's two sides to the same coin. By the way James came in at 6'5. That's no longer his situation. & I'm not sure what Taylor has to do with this. If you mean Sean, I never get why so many people reference Sean's size when speaking on jw. Sean was 6'2 on a good day and his playing weight was in relation to plenty of safeties. James weight isn't his issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back