2023 Nyckoles Harbor: 6'5, 230 ATH from DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a pretty safe bet on defense but you rolling the dice on offense. Could be Calvin Johnson or he could be Breshard Perriman.

do I understand his

ceiling being nfl hall of fame worthy

and

floor being 1st round pick with modest 7 plus year career?

if so...

b03ce1e1-6c63-4db9-9217-1e5506fa736b_375796867401799.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
We never have had a great mens track program. Weve never even been decent, outside of some individuals like Tim Harris Jr.

We have (or at least have had) great womens sprinters. But it's impossible to recruit distance runners (who want altitude/cold), and without an indoor track you're never going to have a great all-around team.

Also DRad cut the track program at Clemson, so I wouldn't count on a huge investment here
And the men's track team members sued Clemson under Title IX for reinstatement and won. One of the limited instances where men's teams have won in court regarding Title IX equality.

Does this kid have Olympic potential on the track? Like is this an erriyon knighton situation ?

Advertisement
Does this kid have Olympic potential on the track? Like is this an erriyon knighton situation ?
Maybe, but does a possible track star make 30 million per year for 5-10 years on second contract. This kid could do that at DE with his contract then add to that endorsement deals. This kid literally is a night mare at DE. To me hes the exact opposite of the LT were praying we land. Drop track and get to 265 and just wreck it for 3 years and then go top 5 in the NFL draft. Between College (NIL) and his first NFL contract hes sitting on 15 mil. Add 6 more years to those totals and hes sitting on nearly 125 mil, well some where in that area.

His dad is a NASA engineer, mom is a pharmacist, would not be surprised if focusing on track or splitting wide is about protecting that brain of his.
I am sorry, but if he wants to protect his brain, he should focus on track and track alone.

Regardless of the position you play in football, your head is going to get hammered too often. That's the nature of the sport. I'd argue if he plays out wide he'd get popped harder than other due to his size. Look at Gronk, he says he probably had 20 concussions.

Advertisement
Benn trying to tell them but so few want to hear it. He is 100% not a wr. He just isnt. But they will just say hes so fast.
People are suggesting it because of the kids goal of not gaining weight or too much weight so he can run track. If he can't play WR and he doesn't want to gain weight I wonder if we can try him as a FS, just playing deep and covering ground.

I personally think he gonna have to choose track or football because if he wanna play TE or more likely DE, he has to gain weight.

As fast as he is now, he's gonna have a hard time ever competing to win or place in the 100 or 200 meter events at world competitions. He's still far behind Knighton who is only going to get faster too

Advertisement
Advertisement
You let a kid like that come in and play whatever position he wants. If he is grossly out of position, and he's throwing away millions by trying to play a position he's not a natural fit for, you hope he figures that out on his own. Nine times out of 10, they do.

You let a kid like that come in and play whatever position he wants. If he is grossly out of position, and he's throwing away millions by trying to play a position he's not a natural fit for, you hope he figures that out on his own. Nine times out of 10, they do.
Couldn’t agree more

And to be honest he’s the type of kid that probably doesn’t have a position yet anyway. I know people are speculating but look at his size and speed at 16-17 years old. 4 years from now who knows?

In the past a kid like that would come here (I mean we wouldn’t have a chance but hypothetically), get wasted and the NFL would figure him out

But this coaching staff I’m not worried about that

I'll give you a prime example. Anquan Boldin coming out of high school, Bowden swore up and down they'd give him a shot at quarterback. And, they did. His first camp he got to run a little bit with the quarterbacks. He quickly realized he was completely out of his depth, even going against Chris Rix, and permanently moved to receiver without a fight, notwithstanding filling in that one ridiculous Sugar Bowl vs UGA in like '04. Coker, on the other hand, was adamant that he was going to be a receiver from day one. Never even gave him the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back