Nuggets 2.0

Amazing news! Frierson (STR), Flagg (MLB), and Kentora (WLB) is who we should be rolling out against Bama.

I wonder what Carters move to striker means for James Williams. With Frierson, and now Carter, ahead of him, does he get some actual playing time this year?
James Williams is starting off at Safety, Chase Smith will be the striker from this class.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Many of us have been calling Carter to striker since his play as a freshman. He will eat. Not sure what’s up with Gil bc he was one of our best defenders last year. And now Carter might start? Have a hard time figuring that one out. Smith to Will is also a mystery to me - thought he did great last year so maybe it’s bc we have so many issues at LB?

hopefully not hearing much from 6/8 means that more opportunities will be given to 7/88/83.
You confident in carter cover ability?

I forgot to mention Dre is just getting back to practicing hence why he hasn’t been mentioned. He’ll likely be behind for most of the spring.

I’m also sorry to say 53 is actually playing really well at de. And that’s coming from somebody who has no reason to gas him up.

Love hearing about guys like Rambo, and Knighton showing out we're going to need those ballers to show out this year along with Harley and Chaney.

I have a few hot takes as well.

1.) Mallory has a monsters all acc year as featured guy all season. Turns into day 1 or two draft pick.

2.) Our o-line will play as good as it's been in over five years with guys like Zion, big Don, & Jalen having huge huge years.

3.) Both Harley and Rambo will have all conference years tons of big catches and preduction and remind people of the LSU wrs the year Joe Borrow was there.

4.) Will have the best group of DTs we've had in the El Manuel era with a legit 6 deep group with great mix of run stuffers and pass rushers.

5.) Secondary will be special with T Rob turning Bolden into 1st rounder being better in coverage along with having Stevenson being an excellent big cover corner reminding people of Pat Peterson with his style of play.
Imma call that best case scenarios. It's hard, but possible, we have seen crazier things happened.

Advertisement
I forgot to mention Dre is just getting back to practicing hence why he hasn’t been mentioned. He’ll likely be behind for most of the spring.

I’m also sorry to say 53 is actually playing really well at de. And that’s coming from somebody who has no reason to gas him up.
With all the ragging we've done on 53, I am ready for his redemption story. He's a Cane and we can all agree we want all of em to do at least very good for us.

With all the ragging we've done on 53, I am ready for his redemption story. He's a Cane and we can all agree we want all of em to do at least very good for us.
It’s sad because I said all along he was a de all the way. He could really be a blessing in disguise , eating snaps where we don’t have great depth and vets . I wouldn’t be shocked if he has 4-6 sacks.

Advertisement
But wait, I thought Amari was one of the best Safeties we had? You mean to tell me that was just coach speak after all? No way, I don't believe it. He was so good that they moved him? How could they?!?

Thanks for the info. Encouraging on the DL. Coaching matters.

We will never have a team as good as our historically great teams, that's just unreasonable to think about. Too many big time programs have their hands in the South Florida recruiting pool.
Maybe, but I remember having those same conversations in 98/99. There's enough talent to go around in South FL that we can withstand getting some guys cherry-picked. But we can't afford big misses. A lot of the struggles are self-inflicted. Coker was a figurehead and everything fell apart when he had to lead. Shannon refused to cultivate relationships with local coaches and guys didn't want to play for him. Golden had a better eye for talent but had a lot of the same bad traits as Randy and didn't know what to do with South FL athletes, wanted to make us into a Big X team. Richt had things going on the right direction then checked out for whatever reasons. And Manny is learning on the job. I want to see us have a puncher's chance from top down before I say for sure we'll never be fully back. If Butch could do it with sanctions, I'm not convinced we can't get there again being literally in the middle of the most talent-rich spot on Earth.

Ivey might improve under T-rob. My problem wifh Wiggins Pope and even gaynor is they didn’t show major improvement under the new coaches. Pope got better. Dee looked garbage. Likens is a great coach. That tells
Me he doesn’t want it bad enough n
T-Rob has said he loves Ivey. Said he’s an “All SEC” type CB. (shrugs)

Advertisement
Love how everyone glosses over the injuries and people not practicing... blinded by the tears

It’s sad because I said all along he was a de all the way. He could really be a blessing in disguise , eating snaps where we don’t have great depth and vets . I wouldn’t be shocked if he has 4-6 sacks.
so by time the season starts he is probably the 3rd DE?

Advertisement
Back