Nuggets 2.0

Would folks think Carter to Striker could reduce his targeting penalties? What I mean is in that [striker] role he will have less opportunity to wind up and run for a tackle vs close quarters coverage, squeak throw line etc.

Or can we just expect him to play every other game because of targeting suspensions?

From what I remember, he looked comfortable closer to the LOS and was an effective blitzer. Honestly you never know but, the he should provide depth and allow for position moves (like keontra to WLB) that are necessary.

Advertisement
Good news about Keontra and Carter. Manny's recurring wet dream of 11 senior starters on defense is coming to fruition.

DE McCloud SR/5
DT Silvera SR/3
DT Ford SR/4
DE Johnson SR/4

LB Steed SR/4
LB Jennings SR/4
ST Carter SR/4

CB Blades SR/3
SS Hall SR/3
FS Bolden SR/4
CB Ivey SR/3
Rigue

Advertisement
We had an ok team last year.. We were good at a lot of skill positions and DE but awful at LB, mediocre on the OL and wildly inconsistent at WR. That doesn't stack up with any of our historically good teams. More like the late 90s teams that were building up to good.
We will never have a team as good as our historically great teams, that's just unreasonable to think about. Too many big time programs have their hands in the South Florida recruiting pool.

I’d love to see Gil turn that bad weight into good and play weak. He’s got more of a frame for it than Keontra. That’s his money position if he wants play in the league.

Advertisement
Not sure if any of this has been mentioned , I haven’t read any scrimmage updates, this is what I was told. I’ve been extremely busy.

K Smith hasn’t been playing much because of an ankle, he rolled it early in spring.

Carter in fact has been moved to striker , and as I’ve posted if that happens it means something is up with a striker. Well there was . Keontra is now a lb, weak side.

Safeties had another great day. They’ve been the most consistent group. Bolden has improved coverage.

The d looks bigger and extremely physical, minus the lb’s. It looks like that group is going smaller and faster. Manny wants more speed at the position. Which was obvious last year.

Ivey had a great day, didn’t allow anything ( sorry ) . TS got beat on the trick play , wasn’t tested after that, pretty much locked down everything.

Rambo had a big catch.

Ford has been a monster , easily his best spring.

Harrell had a rough day in coverage.

Tvd played well , doesn’t push the ball down field much , but takes what the defense gives him. He’s been very consistent since some early int’s early in camp. Garcia was steady , he did have a pick.

Don only played a couple of snaps , he was held out with a minor issue, only precautionary. Knighton look explosive as ****, he had a great day. Cam also had a couple long runs.

I was told “ this is a good team”. Sorry mopes , I guess we’ll see how good.

Cribby for the win.

Thanks bro. We appreciate what you bring to the board.

Advertisement
TS is as much of a guarantee to start as king would be. That’s Locked in.
image.gif

Advertisement
Love hearing about guys like Rambo, and Knighton showing out we're going to need those ballers to show out this year along with Harley and Chaney.

I have a few hot takes as well.

1.) Mallory has a monsters all acc year as featured guy all season. Turns into day 1 or two draft pick.

2.) Our o-line will play as good as it's been in over five years with guys like Zion, big Don, & Jalen having huge huge years.

3.) Both Harley and Rambo will have all conference years tons of big catches and preduction and remind people of the LSU wrs the year Joe Borrow was there.

4.) Will have the best group of DTs we've had in the El Manuel era with a legit 6 deep group with great mix of run stuffers and pass rushers.

5.) Secondary will be special with T Rob turning Bolden into 1st rounder being better in coverage along with having Stevenson being an excellent big cover corner reminding people of Pat Peterson with his style of play.

I’ll be honest, I haven’t really put a lot of stock into the QB talk this Spring, it’s good they’re getting the reps & doing well but once King is back & ready to go he runs the show, as he should.

King is still the best QB we’ve had here in a decade & fully healthy has what it takes to lead us to an ACC title.

But I’m glad TVD looks to be progressing & playing well enough to start in an emergency situation, this Spring is valuable for him if he has to play at all during the regular season due to King being hurt, I’m really looking forward to seeing how he looks next weekend in the Spring game & if he gets any 2nd half snaps in games where we have a big lead, hopefully we get to see him play 2nd half vs teams like App St, GTech, FSU, Duke etc, particularly App St because they’re a good G5 school & it would be good to see him vs live bullets against a team with an actual Defense & not just a FCS school like Central Connecticut lol.
Homie, he's our best since Dorsey?

What you think? I'll never forgive Berlin for Tennessee 2003

Many of us have been calling Carter to striker since his play as a freshman. He will eat. Not sure what’s up with Gil bc he was one of our best defenders last year. And now Carter might start? Have a hard time figuring that one out. Smith to Will is also a mystery to me - thought he did great last year so maybe it’s bc we have so many issues at LB?

hopefully not hearing much from 6/8 means that more opportunities will be given to 7/88/83.

Advertisement
Back