NSD Ranking The Decommitment Kings of College Football

Cane Dynasty

Thunderdome Survivor
"No.1 (tie) Miami Hurricanes

This is actually progress for the Hurricanes who in the transition from Al Gorlden to Mark Richt a year ago led the nation with a stunning 25 decommitments. TWENTY-FIVE.

Some of these 13 were original Gorlden commits and the others were lost in the transition, when Gorlden was fired in October of 2015 and Richt was hired in December of 2015. But it's still no great- Miami was ranked as high as No.3 in this recruiting cycle at one point........."

National Signing Day 2017: Ranking the decommitment kings of college football | cleveland.com

Advertisement
I think it's pretty clear that we have devolved into that team that guys commit to early just to bolster their value to the rest of the country.

Between that and the stat about only 1 of the top 10 FL players staying in state is an abysmal state of affairs to find ourselves in.

I think it's pretty clear that we have devolved into that team that guys commit to early just to bolster their value to the rest of the country.

Between that and the stat about only 1 of the top 10 FL players staying in state is an abysmal state of affairs to find ourselves in.

I think this class was very good but I honestly believe Richt abortion on the field in October kept it from being elite. At least it looks like he adjusted and got better and better. If he can't light up the scoreboard with the speedy new toys, fly the banner.

Advertisement

I think this class was very good but I honestly believe Richt abortion on the field in October kept it from being elite. At least it looks like he adjusted and got better and better. If he can't light up the scoreboard with the speedy new toys, fly the banner.

How do you explain Maryland's elite class? They sucked this past season. ND went 4-8 and they got a good class. I'm just tired of Miami having to follow different rule than everybody else when it comes to recruiting. We gotta dot all i's and cross all t's.

Nothing to be ashamed of...13 Decommits...9 were people we dropped.

The only true de-commits of 2017 (4):
-Chris Henderson -UF-
-Brian Edwards -UF-
-Billy Gibson (We still technically dropped him, because we made no attempt to keep him committed) -Oregon-
-Tre McKitty decommitted when Golden was fired, and we went on him late so he counts -FSU-

The other de-commits were drops from Al Golden recruiting:

-Bentavious Thomas -UCF-
-Tyler Dunning -Miss State-
-Kemore Gamble -UF-
-Ahman Ross -FAU-
-Aundre Kearney -VT-
-Todd Centeio -Temple-
-Nick Roberts -USF-

Or mid season evaluation drops:
-K-Dingle -USF-
-Rodney Scott -Buffalo-

Advertisement

How do you explain Maryland's elite class? They sucked this past season. ND went 4-8 and they got a good class. I'm just tired of Miami having to follow different rule than everybody else when it comes to recruiting. We gotta dot all i's and cross all t's.

Maryland class is not elite lmao...

-They are ranked behind us (18th)
-National recruits they pulled are only 1 RB, and a package deal of the "Gaddy Brothers" (that people cooled on) plus their 3* team mate WR. (We have DJ, DJ, Jeff, and Hillery)
-They compete with NOBODY in-state to "keep talent home". So the whole state is all Maryland fans for the most part, to include the Washington area. So their class is made up of locals.
-They still didn't get the best player in their state (Chase Young), or the other elite player who is originally from Maryland in Joshua Kaindoh.
-They have 29 players and I could only see 8 of them getting an offer from Miami.

Last edited:
Nothing to be ashamed of...13 Decommits...9 were people we dropped.

The only true de-commits of 2017 (4):
-Chris Henderson -UF-
-Brian Edwards -UF-
-Billy Gibson (We still technically dropped him, because we made no attempt to keep him committed) -Oregon-
-Tre McKitty decommitted when Golden was fired, and we went on him late so he counts -FSU-

The other de-commits were drops from Al Golden recruiting:

-Bentavious Thomas -UCF-
-Tyler Dunning -Miss State-
-Kemore Gamble -UF-
-Ahman Ross -FAU-
-Aundre Kearney -VT-
-Todd Centeio -Temple-
-Nick Roberts -USF-

Or mid season evaluation drops:
-K-Dingle -USF-
-Rodney Scott -Buffalo-

Exactly..upvote

Advertisement
Before this starts to matter you have to nail down a definition of what a de-commit is. Astcloud11 pointed out the difference between a de-commit and someone we dropped. I don't consider the ones we dropped as de-commits.

-National recruits they pulled are only 1 RB, and a package deal of the "Gaddy Brothers" (that people cooled on) plus their 3* team mate WR. (We have DJ, DJ, Jeff, and Hillery)
-They compete with NOBODY in-state to "keep talent home". So the whole state is all Maryland fans for the most part, to include the Washington area. So their class is made up of locals.
-They still didn't get the best player in their state (Chase Young), or the other elite player who is originally from Maryland in Joshua Kaindoh.
-They have 29 players and I could only see 8 of them getting an offer from Miami.

How about Auburn's class then at 8-5...they were horrible. How about TAMU at 8-5? Even better how bout Georgia at 8-5 and finished the #3 class in the nation. There is a different standard of rules for the Canes with these "hometown kids". There are too many flaky frontrunning divas.

Advertisement

I think you came to the wrong UM message boards. This is a boards for canes fans. lol Maryland has an elite class? And our class is sucks? Talk about having an agenda. Only scout has Maryland with a higher class than us. Our composite class rank based on the other 3 services is at least 6 spots higher than Maryland and truthfully the wacky Scout ratings kept out composite class ranking from being higher.

Not saying this class is a homerun but it's really good and there are at least 110 teams that wish they had our class.

Serious??? Its a tiny state so I get they dont have a Maryland State University... But DC is in the confluence of the ACC and the BIG now. Thye compete with everybody. OSU, PSU, VT, Pittt, WVU, and of course FSU goes in their yearly and takes a top player.

I'll tell you exactly why Miami tops this list. Were located in South Florida and we all know that the kids here have issues with wanting there asses kissed. If it's not outs simply because the talent here is so great that we've begin to slow play kids which forces them to drop us and move on. Simple as that.

Advertisement
Back