NSD Ranking The Decommitment Kings of College Football

Hopefully as the kids build relationships with the coaches, a lot of this will stop. Winning will help as much as anything. Stopping the bagmen/handlers would help too.

Advertisement
I think it's pretty clear that we have devolved into that team that guys commit to early just to bolster their value to the rest of the country.

Between that and the stat about only 1 of the top 10 FL players staying in state is an abysmal state of affairs to find ourselves in.

I think this class was very good but I honestly believe Richt abortion on the field in October kept it from being elite. At least it looks like he adjusted and got better and better. If he can't light up the scoreboard with the speedy new toys, fly the banner.

How do you explain Maryland's elite class? They sucked this past season. ND went 4-8 and they got a good class. I'm just tired of Miami having to follow different rule than everybody else when it comes to recruiting. We gotta dot all i's and cross all t's.

Maryland class is not elite lmao...

-They are ranked behind us (18th)
-National recruits they pulled are only 1 RB, and a package deal of the "Gaddy Brothers" (that people cooled on) plus their 3* team mate WR. (We have DJ, DJ, Jeff, and Hillery)
-They compete with NOBODY in-state to "keep talent home". So the whole state is all Maryland fans for the most part, to include the Washington area. So their class is made up of locals.
-They still didn't get the best player in their state (Chase Young), or the other elite player who is originally from Maryland in Joshua Kaindoh.
-They have 29 players and I could only see 8 of them getting an offer from Miami.

How about Auburn's class then at 8-5...they were horrible. How about TAMU at 8-5? Even better how bout Georgia at 8-5 and finished the #3 class in the nation. There is a different standard of rules for the Canes with these "hometown kids". There are too many flaky frontrunning divas.

All three of those schools have been consistently better than Miami for a decade now. You don't have one nine win season and expect the world to tilt on it's axis. The hard truth is, Miami has been irrelevant to a majority of college football for a while. It will take a bit more consistency to be able to pull in top classes on the regular. I won't argue that a lot of the local kids here are straight divas and will totally flake out at the drop of a hat though. But once, again. These front runners will be all over Miami if they can win more consistently.

I actually hate getting early commitment from a kid. Odds of then sticking are so unlikely these days.

Coaches know that too but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Can't tell the kid to wait.

I'm sure Richt tells these guys, "listen we need to know if you are all in or not. Don't commit unless you know you're sticking."

Nothing to be ashamed of...13 Decommits...9 were people we dropped.

The only true de-commits of 2017 (4):
-Chris Henderson -UF-
-Brian Edwards -UF-
-Billy Gibson (We still technically dropped him, because we made no attempt to keep him committed) -Oregon-
-Tre McKitty decommitted when Golden was fired, and we went on him late so he counts -FSU-

The other de-commits were drops from Al Golden recruiting:

-Bentavious Thomas -UCF-
-Tyler Dunning -Miss State-
-Kemore Gamble -UF-
-Ahman Ross -FAU-
-Aundre Kearney -VT-
-Todd Centeio -Temple-
-Nick Roberts -USF-

Or mid season evaluation drops:
-K-Dingle -USF-
-Rodney Scott -Buffalo-

This.

Nothing to be ashamed of...13 Decommits...9 were people we dropped.

The only true de-commits of 2017 (4):
-Chris Henderson -UF-
-Brian Edwards -UF-
-Billy Gibson (We still technically dropped him, because we made no attempt to keep him committed) -Oregon-
-Tre McKitty decommitted when Golden was fired, and we went on him late so he counts -FSU-

The other de-commits were drops from Al Golden recruiting:

-Bentavious Thomas -UCF-
-Tyler Dunning -Miss State-
-Kemore Gamble -UF-
-Ahman Ross -FAU-
-Aundre Kearney -VT-
-Todd Centeio -Temple-
-Nick Roberts -USF-

Or mid season evaluation drops:
-K-Dingle -USF-
-Rodney Scott -Buffalo-

Good info. Just look at the kind of crap Golden was loading this team up with... substandard. amazing... ironically, the guys that did deCommit are total flakes. No big deal. I'm happy with the class of kid we got, they are super solid.

Advertisement
I think it's pretty clear that we have devolved into that team that guys commit to early just to bolster their value to the rest of the country.

Between that and the stat about only 1 of the top 10 FL players staying in state is an abysmal state of affairs to find ourselves in.

These kids now have no memory of um as anything other than a second rate program. I like this class, and am not complaining at all, but if we're gonna get to that next level of recruiting we will need to win more games.

I think this class was very good but I honestly believe Richt abortion on the field in October kept it from being elite. At least it looks like he adjusted and got better and better. If he can't light up the scoreboard with the speedy new toys, fly the banner.

How do you explain Maryland's elite class? They sucked this past season. ND went 4-8 and they got a good class. I'm just tired of Miami having to follow different rule than everybody else when it comes to recruiting. We gotta dot all i's and cross all t's.

-National recruits they pulled are only 1 RB, and a package deal of the "Gaddy Brothers" (that people cooled on) plus their 3* team mate WR. (We have DJ, DJ, Jeff, and Hillery)
-They compete with NOBODY in-state to "keep talent home". So the whole state is all Maryland fans for the most part, to include the Washington area. So their class is made up of locals.
-They still didn't get the best player in their state (Chase Young), or the other elite player who is originally from Maryland in Joshua Kaindoh.
-They have 29 players and I could only see 8 of them getting an offer from Miami.

How about Auburn's class then at 8-5...they were horrible. How about TAMU at 8-5? Even better how bout Georgia at 8-5 and finished the #3 class in the nation. There is a different standard of rules for the Canes with these "hometown kids". There are too many flaky frontrunning divas.

There really isn't any difference between ours and TAMU and Auburn's classes for that matter 9 to 17 isn't really separated by much. If a couple guys like Donaldson, Perry, Johnson, Gaynor, Weldon, Smith, Bandy, and Njoku were ranked where they are supposed to this class would be thought of in the same tier as FSU and LSU.

Fly what banner?

Advertisement
"No.1 (tie) Miami Hurricanes

This is actually progress for the Hurricanes who in the transition from Al Gorlden to Mark Richt a year ago led the nation with a stunning 25 decommitments. TWENTY-FIVE.

Some of these 13 were original Gorlden commits and the others were lost in the transition, when Gorlden was fired in October of 2015 and Richt was hired in December of 2015. But it's still no great- Miami was ranked as high as No.3 in this recruiting cycle at one point........."

Canes ONLY ranked #3 b/c Golden stockpiled verbals - quantity over quality. Richt is the FAR superior recruiter & the caliber of athletes he has signed is much better.

Go Canes!

Except their real "in-state" is the DMV area and everybody recruits the DMV area, including us.

Except their real "in-state" is the DMV area and everybody recruits the DMV area, including us.

Read what it says again, teams come from all over to recruit but it doesn't change the fact that most, if not all of those kids grew up Maryland fans regardless of how bad or good the team is, because they dont compete INSTATE for fans and for community influence.
For instance, south florida loves the canes, but there are still schools, coaches, "handlers" who are UF/FSU fans and ruin the full influence of everyone around you saying "go be a cane and rep the city".
Same thing with Georgia, they only compete against Georgia Tech so most of the front runners and influence in the areas of that state are pushing for players to be at UGA. It makes a huge difference when every where you go, you feel like you are the man and a hero if you stay home. While Miami half of the town says cane cane cane, and the other half says gator nole and "get out the hood".

Advertisement

Serious??? Its a tiny state so I get they dont have a Maryland State University... But DC is in the confluence of the ACC and the BIG now. Thye compete with everybody. OSU, PSU, VT, Pittt, WVU, and of course FSU goes in their yearly and takes a top player.

I noted right underneath the bold, that Maryland simply has a bulk of locals, but still didnt keep the best ones home.
Or in otherwords, their class is not elite.

Read what it says again, teams come from all over to recruit but it doesn't change the fact that most, if not all of those kids grew up Maryland fans regardless of how bad or good the team is, because they dont compete INSTATE for fans and for community influence.
For instance, south florida loves the canes, but there are still schools, coaches, "handlers" who are UF/FSU fans and ruin the full influence of everyone around you saying "go be a cane and rep the city".
Same thing with Georgia, they only compete against Georgia Tech so most of the front runners and influence in the areas of that state are pushing for players to be at UGA. It makes a huge difference when every where you go, you feel like you are the man and a hero if you stay home. While Miami half of the town says cane cane cane, and the other half says gator nole and "get out the hood".

I read it. I don't agree and Maryland's recruiting history doesn't support your contention. This is the first year I can remember that Maryland really kept multiple kids home. I lived in DC. It wasn't a Maryland pipeline. If you don't get that, follow hoops recruiting for perspective.

As to Georgia, no. Everybody recruits Georgia. If they didn't, Georgia would be a very serious national title contender every year. Tech gets Atlanta support, UGA gets other support, but they don't own the state. That is one of the reasons Richt got fired; UGA thought they should be able to lock the state down BECAUSE they are UGA.

Last edited:

when will yall learn about the winning bs lie.....uga just had a buns sauce year n had the third best class. i hate that winning and they will come bullshyt....we won five straight n smashed a top 15 team thats progress period.....its not wins its bread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back