Now what with qbs?

Advertisement
You can like Perry or Jarren. But do not come on here acting like Perry is world's better than Jarren. We had 7 passing yards for two quarters. An average of 7 yards per pass, a total of 182 passing yards. Perry made a few more plays and deserves credit for that.
True. However, our WRs had a few drops too.

The losses cant be Blamed on the QB. We’ve lost all 3 games the same way. The offense brings us back to take the lead or close to it (VT tie) Bubba missed PAT and then the Defense gives up big plays and the opponent scores. We drive the length of the field to only come up short on last possession.
You can’t blame it on the QB

Well the point is who gives a **** if Jarren can throw for 300 yds but we lose? Point here is Kosi moved chains and scored for us at critical points in the game! He made the plays that we needed rather than stats!!!!!

Jarren plays like a sloth at times

perry did a good job of managing the night..he missed in two chunk plays..but to say jarren couldn’t have gotten it done isn’t fair..we should focus on getting jarren fully right

True, that with Jarren playing last night it would have been different.
I grant you that. But with Jarren, for a variety of reasons, we are also 0-3 against P5 teams.

Also the reason he is banged up is that he sits in the pocket too long. Perry is looking to run if his 1st or 2nd read is not there.

I keep see Jarren is accurate Jarren is accurate. Accuracy doesn’t matter when there’s instant pressure and you hold the ball too dam long.

Did all accurate 15 throw for a bunch of yards against BCC or CMU?
254 and 250. Which considering we attempted to actually have a running game those games is very reasonable. If he had thrown 45 plus times in a game all you had to do was throw to get back in the game then he would have put up big numbers too

Advertisement
Neither Jarren nor Perry can throw a deep ball worth a sh-t. Perry can throw a long laser, but he has zero touch on long floaters. Both underthrow them when they do, tho I guess perry overthrew a few as well. It's so bad that last night KJ used the horrific underthrow to his advantage and waited like it was coming correct then pulled back 3+yds at last second and made the catch. Like he knew in advance the ball would be 10yds behind him instead of hitting him in stride.

Wouldnt it be nice to have a QB who can drop a long ball in over the shoulder?

Recall that over the shoulder pass he made to Brevin last year against FSU? He has it in him. Timing was off last night, but he can make those throws.

I grant you that. But with Jarren, for a variety of reasons, we are also 0-3 against P5 teams.

Also the reason he is banged up is that he sits in the pocket too long. Perry is looking to run if his 1st or 2nd read is not there.
Perry is much improved mentally..he’s QB1 until jarren gets right..perry no gonna make our oline issues disappear..all the Perry’s gonna stretch the field folks..wya lol..

Other than va tech game Jarren is not necessarily the reason for 2 of those 3 losses. And even vs va tech 6 trips for 6 tds for the defense in the redzone with va tech that’s fcs level sh*t. Absolutely jarrens fault for putting us in that predicament but ultimately the defense lost that game too. Offense handed the defense 2 leads late and a tie(after missed extra point) only for the defense to go down and immediately allow a td right after. That’s on the defense at the end of the day

The losses cant be Blamed on the QB. We’ve lost all 3 games the same way. The offense brings us back to take the lead or close to it (VT tie) Bubba missed PAT and then the Defense gives up big plays and the opponent scores. We drive the length of the field to only come up short on last possession.
You can’t blame it on the QB

Would’ve been cool to see the QB lead a game-winning drive on those final possessions, though.

Advertisement
254 and 250. Which considering we attempted to actually have a running game those games is very reasonable. If he had thrown 45 plus times in a game all you had to do was throw to get back in the game then he would have put up big numbers too

Williams' accuracy is based on short throws, swing passes, screens, slants. You can manufacture accuracy so that is not the whole story. If you are making more intermediate and long throws, accuracy percentage goes down a bit. Perry takes more shots down field and stresses the defense vertically. VT's game plan was to sit back and let Jarren do his thing. They were not worried about deep throws at all. Perry goes in and changes the whole dynamic.

Williams' accuracy is based on short throws, swing passes, screens, slants. You can manufacture accuracy so that is not the whole story. If you are making more intermediate and long throws, accuracy percentage goes down a bit. Perry takes more shots down field and stresses the defense vertically. VT's game plan was to sit back and let Jarren do his thing. They were not worried about deep throws at all. Perry goes in and changes the whole dynamic.
That’s funny considering that’s where nearly ALL of where Perry’s completions came from yesterday outside of the Osborn throw. If you can’t see that it’s a system that generally goes towards the intermediate passes and short passes then I cant Help you. No qb is just sitting down and throwing down the field on every play and especially not with this oline. We have a bad oline so of course they want to get the ball out fast. Take what the defense gives you at the end of the day, regardless both of these qbs need to improve their deep ball accuracy as it isn’t there for either one of them

That’s funny considering that’s where nearly ALL of where Perry’s completions came from yesterday outside of the Osborn throw. If you can’t see that it’s a system that generally goes towards the intermediate passes and short passes then I cant Help you. No qb is just sitting down and throwing down the field on every play and especially not with this oline. We have a bad oline so of course they want to get the ball out fast. Take what the defense gives you at the end of the day, regardless both of these qbs need to improve their deep ball accuracy as it isn’t there for either one of them

It's not all system. When Enos is asked if with Perry you start stretching vertically he said those plays are already there. It's part of the system. It is also decision making within the system. Jarren had JT open deep vs Florida multiple times. We saw the screen shots showing this was true. Williams is not thinking first to go down field even though the routes are being run deep too.

They better ride the hot hand...
But was Perry hot? He made some good plays, but he missed many, many more. I don't know if Williams does better or worse last night, but Perry last night was not the same Perry we saw shred VT. No one knows what Williams would have done last night, and anyone that says they do is just silly.

Fact is, Enos dumbed down the O instead of opening it up. Perry, in turn, looked a **** of a lot like Williams did the first few games. Coincidence?

Advertisement

They aren't going to ever agree. Enos's offense is all about those kind of passes. Doesn't matter who the QB is. He managed Perry pretty well last night - gave him a few downfield shots, which he didn't make. And escaped that close call on the almost pick. Brought it right back to what works. QB can only do so much with our OL. Don't really understand some of the run plays myself .

Wonder where Jeff Thomas was last night...... he disappeared again

Jarren would have not missed as many receivers last night as Perry.

Perry was gutsy, no doubt, and he played hard. But he missed countless throws — a few of them could have even been touchdowns. I don’t see a HEALTHY Jarren missing those.
What throws did he miss that Williams would have completed. I know you cant be thinking of the deep throws.....

Advertisement
the bigger issue is the play calling. enos was better last night till he got into the red zone and then it looked like he got abducted by aliens. the final drive is where we should primarily live. get the ball in space and let the talent take over. the ol is the other issue as its a disaster.
I agree. Enos gets too pass happy imo. Does he think anyone believes he's doing anything other than play action on first down?

You have to go with Perry. He's more mobile / elusive and teams have to respect the deep ball with him under centre.

It seemed obvious to me that the cat was out of the bag with Williams re: his arm strength and opponents were cheating up to the line of scrimmage.

With the state of our Oline you have to go with the guy who provides more of an X-factor from QB - that's Perry.

What throws did he miss that Williams would have completed. I know you cant be thinking of the deep throws.....
Multiple slant passes would have been better and he definitely puts the ball closer to Osborn on that fade ball. Doubt he connects on the long balls, except the one to Pope, which I think he hits.

I don't think we win that game if Jarren was starting. Two plays Perry made that ultimately won the game that Jarren would not have. The 4th down scramble that kept our 1st drive alive. And, of course, the td he made near end of game that pretty much sealed it.

Perry just seems more decisive both throwing and running.

Does Perry keep the job after last night? I think he should.

Scramble on 4th down was good. But, I saw a number of other passing plays when Perry stayed in a collapsing pocket (what else could it be with UM's OL?) instead of showing his mobility. Is it coaching? Is it that the UVA defense is so superior that Perry's mobility was contained? As bad as Rosier was as a QB, his preference was to run instead waiting for the pressure. Perry taking off with the ball should be a threat on every play. That threat will keep the defensive rush honest and open up receivers.

Advertisement
Back