Now what with qbs?

Advertisement
Jarren shouldn’t have the chance to start until he is 100%. If he’s not healthy against GT and Perry wins another game, I think Perry starts the rest of the year. GT will be the worst pass rush we face the rest of the year. If Jarren is 100% and has a good week of practice, I say start him and see how he does. Perry obviously has a stronger arm but the ypa is still lower than Jarrens

The biggest difference is that Perry has been able to slip out the pocket when under pressure and extends the play, which just so happens to be every other play.

Advertisement
He's more decisive but woefully inaccurate. That's a tough combo for Enos to to work around but I saw high-percentage throwing offense that remained somewhat aggressive and kept the ball out of harm's way. I can't count the number of slants, intermediate and deep balls that were over or under-thrown in such a way that our receivers had little chance to be successful. Finally Enos went with a lot of window dressing to disguise draws, pitches, screens, and hitches. He was masterful in the way he managed this game.

If Perry looked to the left on that last TD run he would have had Pope and Mallory were wide open. He looked right then dropped his head--despite having a clean pocket--and ultimately made a a tough run. He is more limited (1-read QB) and less reliable, but the team seems to fit his tempo a little better and his willingness to run (he lacks pocket presence and patience) keeps us moving forward.
Dude misses 2 throws that were all on him the whole game and the makes him "woefully inaccurate", y'all guys are some true Perry haters and overexagerraters.

Jarren would have not missed as many receivers last night as Perry.

Perry was gutsy, no doubt, and he played hard. But he missed countless throws — a few of them could have even been touchdowns. I don’t see a HEALTHY Jarren missing those.

7 passing yards in 2 quarters... Qb1 stats and unattainable by anyone on the roster.. smh.
people aint being consistent because they would kill Jarren if he missed some of throws Perry did yesterday whether it was overthrown or underthrown. Not to mention the non existent offense after the first drive until the last 2 drives. We had what 4 passing plays of balls that traveled over 20 yards? Other than vs uf Jarren had the same type of numbers “but he doesn’t throw the ball deep”. Dumbass thinking, that’s just the way this offense is constructed apparently.

The comments after your post prove the lack of objectivity and context. Jarren did enough to win UNC but the kicker and defense biitched up and lost the game. Some just prefer Nkosi over Jarren and vice versa and thats fine. Just stop pretending that Nkosi played easily supplanted Jarren with is play, especially last night.

You can like Perry or Jarren. But do not come on here acting like Perry is world's better than Jarren. We had 7 passing yards for two quarters. An average of 7 yards per pass, a total of 182 passing yards. Perry made a few more plays and deserves credit for that.

I think Jarren is better overall and has higher ceiling. But he is still too tentative back there. With a better oline that can buy him time I think he would be much better. Perry seems a better fit with what we have around him at the moment. He takes more shots down field, has better wiggle, stronger arm, and runs better. If Enos can tweak the play calls a bit, including more designed qb runs, Perry gives defenses more to think about.

Advertisement
Jarren would have not missed as many receivers last night as Perry.

Perry was gutsy, no doubt, and he played hard. But he missed countless throws — a few of them could have even been touchdowns. I don’t see a HEALTHY Jarren missing those.

Can we talk about the drops he had also that killed drives had at least 4-5 drop passes and one of them was a deep ball that should have been a TD

Can we talk about the drops he had also that killed drives had at least 4-5 drop passes and one of them was a deep ball that should have been a TD
I agree with you. The Pope and Osborn drops come to mind right away. Those are plays they have to make for us to help Perry out. But Perry also overshot a couple touchdowns and that was frustrating. He did play his heart out, though, and I appreciate that.

Dude misses 2 throws that were all on him the whole game and the makes him "woefully inaccurate", y'all guys are some true Perry haters and overexagerraters.

nah...

There were multiple slants across the middle that were thrown behind dudes (KJ and JT), several intermediate routes (Pope on crosser, KJ on TD) and deep balls (Harley comes to mind immediately but I believe JT as well) that were overthrown. At least 6 of his 11 incompletions were unforced accuracy issues that site bozos contribute to an 'antiquated' offense. Not hating, just calling it like it is for the simps who think we'll turn into Oklahoma if we line up like them.

Advertisement
7 passing yards in 2 quarters... Qb1 stats and unattainable by anyone on the roster.. smh.
people aint being consistent because they would kill Jarren if he missed some of throws Perry did yesterday whether it was overthrown or underthrown. Not to mention the non existent offense after the first drive until the last 2 drives. We had what 4 passing plays of balls that traveled over 20 yards? Other than vs uf Jarren had the same type of numbers “but he doesn’t throw the ball deep”. Dumbass thinking, that’s just the way this offense is constructed apparently.

Perry is a baller. He is a lot more decisive, gets the ball out quicker and takes his shots down field. In a qb skills test I'd take Williams. In an actual game, under current circumstances, I would ride Perry.

I think he showed he can win you games. We need to win games, even if looking ugly.

He's more decisive but woefully inaccurate. That's a tough combo for Enos to to work around but I saw high-percentage throwing offense that remained somewhat aggressive and kept the ball out of harm's way. I can't count the number of slants, intermediate and deep balls that were over or under-thrown in such a way that our receivers had little chance to be successful. Finally Enos went with a lot of window dressing to disguise draws, pitches, screens, and hitches. He was masterful in the way he managed this game.

If Perry looked to the left on that last TD run he would have had Pope and Mallory were wide open. He looked right then dropped his head--despite having a clean pocket--and ultimately made a a tough run. He is more limited (1-read QB) and less reliable, but the team seems to fit his tempo a little better and his willingness to run (he lacks pocket presence and patience) keeps us moving forward.

Don't disagree with this. But with the current oline situation you need a 1-2 read guy, who can be decisive with throws, and tuck and run to extend plays. Perry missed some big plays due accuracy, but made you plays that ultimately won you the game. Give me wins right now.

nah...

There were multiple slants across the middle that were thrown behind dudes (KJ and JT), several intermediate routes (Pope on crosser, KJ on TD) and deep balls (Harley comes to mind immediately but I believe JT as well) that were overthrown. At least 6 of his 11 incompletions were unforced accuracy issues that site bozos contribute to an 'antiquated' offense. Not hating, just calling it like it is for the simps who think we'll turn into Oklahoma if we line up like them.
He underthrown Thomas, and missed Osborn once on a deep route. He did not underthrown Osborn on that crossing route and if he did it was barely and it amazes how other QBs do the same thing but thier WR catch the ball against us. Pope throw was on the money, and that throw to Osborn in the endzone was all on Osborn, he took a terrible angle then completely missed judged the ball when he tried to grab it and missed. So stop with the Perry bashing like the WRs were perfect.

Advertisement
yesterday i can't honestly say the playcalling was aweful.
Enos needs to live up to the "standard"
The best part of Perry's game is he didn't turn it over which means he has been coached up much better than last year but there is still something very wrong with this offense and it's not the QB position

Don't disagree with this. But with the current oline situation you need a 1-2 read guy, who can be decisive with throws, and tuck and run to extend plays. Perry missed some big plays due accuracy, but made you plays that ultimately won you the game. Give me wins right now.

Yes. His limitations ultimately work better in this situation but we're dealing with a high floor, low ceiling player.

Last edited:
He underthrown Thomas, and missed Osborn once on a deep route. He did not underthrown Osborn on that crossing route and if he did it was barely and it amazes how other QBs do the same thing but thier WR catch the ball against us. Pope throw was on the money, and that throw to Osborn in the endzone was all on Osborn, he took a terrible angle then completely missed judged the ball when he tried to grab it and missed. So stop with the Perry bashing like the WRs were perfect.

no...

he's not that accurate.

the bigger issue is the play calling. enos was better last night till he got into the red zone and then it looked like he got abducted by aliens. the final drive is where we should primarily live. get the ball in space and let the talent take over. the ol is the other issue as its a disaster.

Advertisement
Back