Now what with qbs?

the bigger issue is the play calling. enos was better last night till he got into the red zone and then it looked like he got abducted by aliens. the final drive is where we should primarily live. get the ball in space and let the talent take over. the ol is the other issue as its a disaster.

Advertisement
You can like Perry or Jarren. But do not come on here acting like Perry is world's better than Jarren. We had 7 passing yards for two quarters. An average of 7 yards per pass, a total of 182 passing yards. Perry made a few more plays and deserves credit for that.
Nobody is pretending anything. Perry just gives Miami the best chance to win. That's all. No need to politicize anything.

Still want to see Tate for a half. Hope we can blow FIU out in the first half and throw him in the second half.

wouldn't mind it, but at this point, we need all the reps we can get with any QB (mainly JW or perry). the tate ship has sailed imo. **** either find another school or settle into the role as a backup WR esp with tvd coming in this summer. for this year and moving forward, we gotta figure out if 5 or 15 can be the guy leading this offense.

Perry 1-0 in starts
Perry 1 game winning streak
Perry 1-0 as starter against ranked teams
Doesn't matter who I like more. Perry deserves to start.

Advertisement
Advertisement
7 passing yards in 2 quarters... Qb1 stats and unattainable by anyone on the roster.. smh.
people aint being consistent because they would kill Jarren if he missed some of throws Perry did yesterday whether it was overthrown or underthrown. Not to mention the non existent offense after the first drive until the last 2 drives. We had what 4 passing plays of balls that traveled over 20 yards? Other than vs uf Jarren had the same type of numbers “but he doesn’t throw the ball deep”. Dumbass thinking, that’s just the way this offense is constructed apparently.
Neither Jarren nor Perry can throw a deep ball worth a sh-t. Perry can throw a long laser, but he has zero touch on long floaters. Both underthrow them when they do, tho I guess perry overthrew a few as well. It's so bad that last night KJ used the horrific underthrow to his advantage and waited like it was coming correct then pulled back 3+yds at last second and made the catch. Like he knew in advance the ball would be 10yds behind him instead of hitting him in stride.

Wouldnt it be nice to have a QB who can drop a long ball in over the shoulder?

Haven’t read all the posts in here, but should be mentioned that Perry’s elusiveness in the pocket and “escapability” is much better than Jarren right now. With this OL, that’s not easily overlooked.

Idk what y’all last night but Kosi was *** cheeks except for the last 10 min or so

I’m still shocked that Perry went the entire game without throwing any picks. He made the plays he had to make to win, even though we all know the offense went nap-nap for 2+ quarters.

Let’s face it, though. The Defense made the plays they haven’t been making all season. You should always win when you hold the other team to 3 field goals.

There’s no reason to put Jarren back in right now. Can’t play a QB with a bad wing behind a Swiss cheese line.

Advertisement
and the WRs have to catch the ball which they did not, so your point is?

My point is that scheme and execution puts players in open spaces, the QB throws the ball on time with accuracy and the receiver does his part to catch the ball. In between all of that is the defense, which has a say in all of this happening. From what I see, the most consistent problem in terms of success lies most with accuracy on the QBs part. Guys are getting open and defenders are steps behind them; but the ball is either uncatchable, requires heroic effort on the WRs part, or is thrown in a manner that brings the trailing defender into position to impact the play. Accuracy.

What is Van Dyke gonna do different if he has this garbage Oline??? I can answer! Nothing! You could put Pat Mahomes at QB and he would be running for his life

There’s not a qb on the planet that can ball out behind this current ol.

Advertisement
My point is that scheme and execution puts players in open spaces, the QB throws the ball on time with accuracy and the receiver does his part to catch the ball. In between all of that is the defense, which has a say in all of this happening. From what I see, the most consistent problem in terms of success lies most with accuracy on the QBs part. Guys are getting open and defenders are steps behind them; but the ball is either uncatchable, requires heroic effort on the WRs part, or is thrown in a manner that brings the trailing defender into position to impact the play. Accuracy.
Perry threw the ball on time and accuracy and gave every a chance go make a play besides 2 passes all game so this idea that he is so inaccurate that the WRs have no chance of making plays and not true

I keep see Jarren is accurate Jarren is accurate. Accuracy doesn’t matter when there’s instant pressure and you hold the ball too dam long.

Did all accurate 15 throw for a bunch of yards against BCC or CMU?

Advertisement
Back