NOW we get to see how good or overrated Enos is.

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Kosi has the physical tools, more than any other QB on the team, but his judgment hasn't been that great to put it mildly.

Enos is supposed to be the QB whisperer. We hoped he would be a quality play caller, but he is verifiably a QB whisperer.

If he can get Kosi to make the right reads and occasionally go deep to Jeff, we can and should win this game.

Advertisement
I don't know that the improvement he showed with one guy verifies him as a QB whisperer, especially since I am now watching a much better version of that guy under a different coach. But maybe he is and he unquestionably improved Hurts at Bama.

Bingo. Excited to see full game of Enos's offense with Perry.

Dont get me wrong, Enos deserves full blame for the O the first 5 weeks (he/Diaz picked Jarren after all) but seems the game manager type couldnt keep the offense rolling. Time for a full on gunslinger.

35+ points or bust Enos

Aren't we missing something?

How did Jarren beat out Perry if Perry was the best equipped to lead this team? If Perry was supposed to be the starter since day 1, if Enos has been holding back the offense b/c of Jarren, then why did we just waste 3 losses this year? I'll be bitterly happy if we take off under Perry b/c we just dropped 3 unnecessary games if that's the case.

Advertisement

How did Jarren beat out Perry if Perry was the best equipped to lead this team? If Perry was supposed to be the starter since day 1, if Enos has been holding back the offense b/c of Jarren, then why did we just waste 3 losses this year? I'll be bitterly happy if we take off under Perry b/c we just dropped 3 unnecessary games if that's the case.
Bro most of this board wanted Williams. Let’s not forget “how beautiful jarrens passes were. The most consistent and natural thrower”. I was hoping for Tate because I foresaw the oline being a issue but I had no clue it would be this bad...perry and jarren bring different qualities. Jarren will rarely have stretches of inaccuracy issues, but struggles with timing to stretch the field, it’s not a arm strength issue..perry has the strongest arm but struggle with in accurate passes at times but when he’s on he can put the ball anywhere...all in all i don’t think perry makes up the difference with the oline. Hope he balls Friday

Pure guess. Jarren was more accurate and more "consistent." Perry is more erratic and turnover prone. From that perspective I would pick Jarren as well.

If this were the 01 canes, a game manager like Jarren wins you a ship. Unfortunately with the Oline we have, Jarren's inability to get the ball downfield (coaches should have known this...), boom or bust running game, Perry may well prove out to be a better fit for the O

Bro most of this board wanted Williams. Let’s not forget “how beautiful jarrens passes were. The most consistent and natural thrower”. I was hoping for Tate because I foresaw the oline being a issue but I had no clue it would be this bad...perry and jarren bring different qualities. Jarren will rarely have stretches of inaccuracy issues, but struggles with timing to stretch the field, it’s not a arm strength issue..perry has the strongest arm but struggle with in accurate passes at times but when he’s on he can put the ball anywhere...all in all i don’t think perry makes up the difference with the oline. Hope he balls Friday

We're not the coaches, bro. I'm going by a poster saying Enos' full offense w/ Perry. I'm asking if Perry was the one capable of exploiting Enos' offense, despite being less accurate than Jarren, then why didn't they pick Perry from the jump?

We'll see Friday if Perry fully matured or is this a case a deja vu.

We're not the coaches, bro. I'm going by a poster saying Enos' full offense w/ Perry. I'm asking if Perry was the one capable of exploiting Enos' offense, despite being less accurate than Jarren, then why didn't they pick Perry from the jump?

We'll see Friday if Perry fully matured or is this a case a deja vu.
Lol Broo perry ran the wrong way on a bootleg that can never happen..consistency is likely the reason they went with Williams.

Advertisement
Big.jpg

Kosi has the physical tools, more than any other QB on the team, but his judgment hasn't been that great to put it mildly.

Enos is supposed to be the QB whisperer. We hoped he would be a quality play caller, but he is verifiably a QB whisperer.

If he can get Kosi to make the right reads and occasionally go deep to Jeff, we can and should win this game.
He’s going to put kosi under Center. Square peg, round hole

Enos changed the playcalling for Perry and it opened things up.

Jarren is probably better under center but N’kosi is ahead of him in the way I thought he would be.

His experience and ability to push the ball give us an added dimension.

Jarren isn’t much of a downfield threat, but he can move the ball when you don’t force him under center.

The trash play calling got people turning on the kid, but N’kosi AND Tate WILLL STRUGGLE if Enos keeps it up with the 100 step play action.

Lol Broo perry ran the wrong way on a bootleg that can never happen..consistency is likely the reason they went with Williams.
No, what can't happen is standing in the endzone for 3 seconds and taking a sack vs cmu. ****, we gave a loud applause at my watch party when Jarren threw the ball away finally vs unc.
Don't knock on a man for doing something you see happening in pro games from time to time. Perry is not perfect and neither is Jarren but he's a baller getting acclimated to being back in the game.
If you only want to call out the negative with his play from last saturday, have at it. I know for certain Perry could ball out against uva and some like yourself will breakdown every misstep he takes. But he stood tall inspite of all the boos that greeted him in his home stadium.
But i get it, he's not your guy so the U on the side of his helmet means nothing.

Advertisement
No, what can't happen is standing in the endzone for 3 seconds and taking a sack vs cmu. ****, we gave a loud applause at my watch party when Jarren threw the ball away finally vs unc.
Don't knock on a man for doing something you see happening in pro games from time to time. Perry is not perfect and neither is Jarren but he's a baller getting acclimated to being back in the game.
If you only want to call out the negative with his play from last saturday, have at it. I know for certain Perry could ball out against uva and some like yourself will breakdown every misstep he takes. But he stood tall inspite of all the boos that greeted him in his home stadium.
But i get it, he's not your guy so the U on the side of his helmet means nothing.
if we knickpicking, which wasn’t my intention, then Perry ran the wrong play twice and should’ve been picked 3 other times and fumbled..but that’s not my problem

Enos chose the wrong QB as starter. His talent evaluation is as bad as his playcalling.

Advertisement
I really don't hate Enos's offense like you guys do. The only issues I've had with Enos for the most part are his 3rd down and redzone play calling at times but I saw that in his Arkansas tape so I wasn't really expecting much different. His offense has evolved quite a bit since then and I like the scheme really think we're just a good OL away from it being a high point producer but we just don't have that right now and obviously that sucks. I think people are more mad that it's not a spread offense because for some inexplicable reason that's what they were expecting but Enos has always shown he's not that kind of guy but his offense can definitely work and he has some spread concepts in there as well. People were expecting a Andy Reid type for some reason but we have more of a McVay (not saying he is Mcvay) type including some suspect 3rd down play calling.

I really don't hate Enos's offense like you guys do. The only issues I've had with Enos for the most part are his 3rd down and redzone play calling at times but I saw that in his Arkansas tape so I wasn't really expecting much different. His offense has evolved quite a bit since then and I like the scheme really think we're just a good OL away from it being a high point producer but we just don't have that right now and obviously that sucks. I think people are more mad that it's not a spread offense because for some inexplicable reason that's what they were expecting but Enos has always shown he's not that kind of guy but his offense can definitely work and he has some spread concepts in there as well. People were expecting a Andy Reid type for some reason but we have more of a McVay (not saying he is Mcvay) type including some suspect 3rd down play calling.
I think most people like Enos’ offense, it’s just that the calls he makes from it require a much better offensive line in order to execute successfully.

He hasn’t adjusted well to the offensive line he has at his disposal.

Advertisement
Back