NOW we get to see how good or overrated Enos is.

You can come down on the play calling & not using personnel correctly but one thing Enos has improved is QB play. Despite us not winning our QB's have seem to improved much over last year. Yes even JW who i'm very hard on. You can't coach a strong arm and taking chances.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Have you missed the first 5 games completely?

.... have you missed the offensive line those five games and the TWENTY FIVE sacks they've given up?

Go back and watch those games. Lots of times the plays were called and the line either collapsed or Williams didn't have time to go through the progression to find the right guy.

Opening drive against Florida, Thomas was wide open on the left side for a sure touchdown and Willams was looking right and had to rush a throw.

Dude, you need to re evaluate WTF you are doing watching this team.

B/c of what? B/c we could’ve possibly wasted a season when the QB from day 1, whom the coaches had the ability to watch and evaluate was given the bench?

Let me help u and all these other posters understand something; I’m a fcking Canes fan. I don’t know or root for any CFB team but Miami. I’m critical of them b/c we are better than 90% of the teams we’ve scheduled since 2003.

When I make a comment like this, know the context. The Canes don’t rule my life; u’re not going to see me on YouTube ranting. You’re not going to see me on Instagram or FB w video clips; it means that we’ve totally wasted another season from the ineptitude of another coaching staff, unnecessarily. If Perry was the man, showed the most upside to run an Enos ran offense to Enos’ liking, then y go w Jarren? So yes, I will be thrilled that my Canes take off and go on, but it will be another season of “what if.”

You're the only one missing something. And that something is the fact that Perry is better because he wasn't the starter. If he had been the starter, Williams would be better.

Think of it this way:

If Williams starts and we don't win, arm strength and running ability were the most important things.

If Perry starts and we don't win, decision making and accuracy were the most important things.

Wait...R u saying that N’Kosi is better b/c of his maturing while on the bench? Or are you saying he’s better b/c he’s the back up and some are praising him as a potential savior?

We're not the coaches, bro. I'm going by a poster saying Enos' full offense w/ Perry. I'm asking if Perry was the one capable of exploiting Enos' offense, despite being less accurate than Jarren, then why didn't they pick Perry from the jump?

We'll see Friday if Perry fully matured or is this a case a deja vu.

Enos’ comments within the last few days were interesting. I don’t think Shanny likes 5 based on last year/ his past transgressions.....Enos wanted Kosi but many since it was close Manny said we rollin with Jarren. Maybe I’m wrong but it sure seems that way.

Advertisement
if we knickpicking, which wasn’t my intention, then Perry ran the wrong play twice and should’ve been picked 3 other times and fumbled..but that’s not my problem

Jarren has been getting most of the reps since he was announced the starter 2 months ago. They barely had him ready to play, you think they had qb2 ready. Have you really looked at our offensive operation these first few games. Sht looks like pop warner 😂😂😂

You can come down on the play calling & not using personnel correctly but one thing Enos has improved is QB play. Despite us not winning our QB's have seem to improved much over last year. Yes even JW who i'm very hard on. You can't coach a strong arm and taking chances.
He is a proven great QB coach. That doesnt mean he can struggle at being anything else. Both our qbs have shown that they have gotten good coaching. But as far as OC of what college football is about last 15 years. Leaves alot to be desired. Seems to try to force his offense no matter what the guys can execute. Dont force 7 step play action drops if those things never work. Dont force fullback plays if you have to use a walkons who arent really for that position.

Jarren has been getting most of the reps since he was announced the starter 2 months ago. They barely had him ready to play, you think they had qb2 ready. Have you really looked at our offensive operation these first few games. Sht looks like pop warner 😂😂😂
“Ha..he ha he ha..ha ha ha..and I thought my jokes were bad”.. completion percentage 72%..8.7 yards per comp..7tds..3picks..but Yeahh jarrens play has been the issue and Perry was once again being held back by the staff..”you wanna know how I got these scars”

He is a proven great QB coach. That doesnt mean he can struggle at being anything else. Both our qbs have shown that they have gotten good coaching. But as far as OC of what college football is about last 15 years. Leaves alot to be desired. Seems to try to force his offense no matter what the guys can execute. Dont force 7 step play action drops if those things never work. Dont force fullback plays if you have to use a walkons who arent really for that position.

I agree, I like some of the plays ive seen him call but some others leave me bewildered. The slow developing plays with our personnel are questionable. A great OC would have figured out how to get Lingard, DJ, JT, Brevin, Mallory all on the field at once and take advantage of mismatches.

Advertisement
I agree, I like some of the plays ive seen him call but some others leave me bewildered. The slow developing plays with our personnel are questionable. A great OC would have figured out how to get Lingard, DJ, JT, Brevin, Mallory all on the field at once and take advantage of mismatches.
Lingard about to redshirt woe..y’all know he was injured right?..DJ, Brevin, Mallory have all been on the field at the same time

Hmm... interesting

offense 1- Kendall briles
Total offense #53( 429.4 yards per game)
365 plays 2147 yards ypp 5.88(#48 in the country)
22 offensive touchdowns
118 first downs
#16 passing offense in the country (308 yards per game)
#107 rushing yards in the country( 3.37 yards per carry) sacks included

offense 2- Dan enos
Total offense #39 (449 yards per game )
349 plays 2243 yards Ypp 6.43 (#23 in the country)
21 offensive touchdowns
116 first downs
#11 passing offense in the country (315 yards per game)
# 96 rushing offense in the country(4.00 yards per carry) sacks included

Last edited:
Kosi has the physical tools, more than any other QB on the team, but his judgment hasn't been that great to put it mildly.

Enos is supposed to be the QB whisperer. We hoped he would be a quality play caller, but he is verifiably a QB whisperer.

If he can get Kosi to make the right reads and occasionally go deep to Jeff, we can and should win this game.

From what I’ve gathered from listening to Podcast, people breaking down film I’ve come to the conclusion.

Jarren runs Enos Offense the best.

Enos Offense doesn’t work without a good OL

We don’t have a good OL

NKosi fits what we need to do the best because of our poor OL

If we go from the shotgun the majority of the time 60%+ I think we are going to look pretty good on offense

If Enos calls a game where we are under center 50% or more of the time with Kosi we are going to look like 💩

It all depends on Enos ego, if he wants to be stubborn or out smart himself it’s going to get ugly.

If he embraces how he called plays last week (obviously because we where Down a lot) and starts game and finishes it like last week that we will be successful

Lol he CHANGED the calls for Perry?! No, he changed the calls cause we were down 28. Idk how some of you tie you’re own shoes I swear.

We will go right back to the line up in the I and bully nobody up front then take 200 step drops and wonder why we got sacked 7 times

Can’t argue with that.

Did the same thing against unc.

I pray you are wrong in your second paragraph, but Enos has shown to be a stubborn ****** We can put up points from the shotgun spread even with the offensive line issues.

Advertisement
Can’t argue with that.

Did the same thing against unc.

I pray you are wrong in your second paragraph, but Enos has shown to be a stubborn ****** We can put up points from the shotgun spread even with the offensive line issues.
I pray I’m wrong too. But I guess he’s too stubborn until proven otherwise unfortunately

Enos’ comments within the last few days were interesting. I don’t think Shanny likes 5 based on last year/ his past transgressions.....Enos wanted Kosi but many since it was close Manny said we rollin with Jarren. Maybe I’m wrong but it sure seems that way.

I kinda got that impression as well.

fans after the 1st drive of the year vs. UF:

tenor.gif

after the 5th game of the season:

source.gif

Advertisement
Lol..

.... have you missed the offensive line those five games and the TWENTY FIVE sacks they've given up?

Go back and watch those games. Lots of times the plays were called and the line either collapsed or Williams didn't have time to go through the progression to find the right guy.

Opening drive against Florida, Thomas was wide open on the left side for a sure touchdown and Willams was looking right and had to rush a throw.

And that's why Eno's/Diaz absolutely have to LIMIT the QB reads to " two options. " Matter of fact, that should have taken place after the Florida game. Especially with the weak offensive line this season. Because asking a QB this season to go through THREE progression reads is committing suicide this season. Enter JW's injury.

My advice watch Fridays game on an old tv.and you won't have worry about buying a new flat screen television.hide all the electronic gadgets there's a very strong 💪 possibility they'll need replacing as well if you dont.

Advertisement
Back