NOW we get to see how good or overrated Enos is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does this mean the clap is back? Perry starting will be an interdasting subplot to this game. BTW, who’s starting at the tackle spots these days?

Advertisement
I really don't hate Enos's offense like you guys do. The only issues I've had with Enos for the most part are his 3rd down and redzone play calling at times but I saw that in his Arkansas tape so I wasn't really expecting much different. His offense has evolved quite a bit since then and I like the scheme really think we're just a good OL away from it being a high point producer but we just don't have that right now and obviously that sucks. I think people are more mad that it's not a spread offense because for some inexplicable reason that's what they were expecting but Enos has always shown he's not that kind of guy but his offense can definitely work and he has some spread concepts in there as well. People were expecting a Andy Reid type for some reason but we have more of a McVay (not saying he is Mcvay) type including some suspect 3rd down play calling.
Same, we need a few fixes but at the end of the day we are averaging 315 yards per game passing which is top 13 in the country,(332 yards per game passing vs power 5 teams). Doing that behind a weak offensive line is pretty crazy to think about. The offense ain’t been that bad and we are spreading it out to different receivers. If he cuts out the plays and formations that don’t do well we will be fine. Much more concerned about the defense. At the end of the day the offense handed the defense a lead in 2 of the losses in the 4th and 1 tie late yet the D allowed 3 tds.

Lol he CHANGED the calls for Perry?! No, he changed the calls cause we were down 28. Idk how some of you tie you’re own shoes I swear.

We will go right back to the line up in the I and bully nobody up front then take 200 step drops and wonder why we got sacked 7 times

Does this mean the clap is back? Perry starting will be an interdasting subplot to this game. BTW, who’s starting at the tackle spots these days?
He better be on the phone calling Lloyds of London securing an insurance policy becsuse he is going to get destroyed.

Advertisement
Enos chose the wrong QB as starter. His talent evaluation is as bad as his playcalling.
I believe he always preferred Perry (have said so for some time) and has the best relationship with him as well, but Jarren built up too much momentum over the course of Fall Camp. It's not so much that Perry was bad or erratic, it's just that Jarren ran the Offense -- which apparently didn't consist of throwing the ball beyond 20 yards -- better. Jarren came into Fall wanting it more and showed the most improvement post Spring. Maybe they extrapolated his trajectory .

Lol he CHANGED the calls for Perry?! No, he changed the calls cause we were down 28. Idk how some of you tie you’re own shoes I swear.

We will go right back to the line up in the I and bully nobody up front then take 200 step drops and wonder why we got sacked 7 times
I'm sure most on here wear sandals with socks. Probably black socks because they're savage.

Aren't we missing something?

How did Jarren beat out Perry if Perry was the best equipped to lead this team? If Perry was supposed to be the starter since day 1, if Enos has been holding back the offense b/c of Jarren, then why did we just waste 3 losses this year? I'll be bitterly happy if we take off under Perry b/c we just dropped 3 unnecessary games if that's the case.

You're the only one missing something. And that something is the fact that Perry is better because he wasn't the starter. If he had been the starter, Williams would be better.

Think of it this way:

If Williams starts and we don't win, arm strength and running ability were the most important things.

If Perry starts and we don't win, decision making and accuracy were the most important things.

Advertisement
Why does it have to be some conspiracy theory with some of you Lol? Jarren was the most consistent guy Day in and day out and did the best overall with the 2 scrimmages which is why he won the job. No coach is trying to actively lose so they put the guy they think is the best out there period.

Scoring defense Virginia is ranked 40th overall in the country and total defense 10th.

Oh by the way they are also 2nd NATIONALLY OVERALL in SACKS at 4.8/game. Given that we make other defensive lines inflate their sack numbers (see pre and post for CMU and VT), you can almost predict a minimum of 6-7 sacks tomorrow unless Barry and the Oline show improvement and the play calling account for those weaknesses.

Same, we need a few fixes but at the end of the day we are averaging 315 yards per game passing which is top 13 in the country,(332 yards per game passing vs power 5 teams). Doing that behind a weak offensive line is pretty crazy to think about. The offense ain’t been that bad and we are spreading it out to different receivers. If he cuts out the plays and formations that don’t do well we will be fine. Much more concerned about the defense. At the end of the day the offense handed the defense a lead in 2 of the losses in the 4th and 1 tie late yet the D allowed 3 tds.
100% agree and I know people don't want to hear this cause they've been told it for years but I think our defense is a year away I was just hoping we'd be able to make it through this year. Rousseau, Ivey, Blades, Frierson, Hall, and Bolden are all guys getting their first real reps this year and even Ford is getting his first starters burn ever. Next year pretty much all but one LB spot is going to be occupied by either an upperclassmen or a very experienced RS Sophomore. Next year really should be the year but again I know no one wants to hear that

Scoring defense Virginia is ranked 40th overall in the country and total defense 10th.

Oh by the way they are also 2nd NATIONALLY OVERALL in SACKS at 4.8/game. Given that we make other defensive lines inflate their sack numbers (see pre and post for CMU and VT), you can almost predict a minimum of 6-7 sacks tomorrow unless Barry and the Oline show improvement and the play calling account for those weaknesses.

Without serious changes to the offensive philosophy this could get real ugly.

Advertisement
Back