Now the fun part

Advertisement
I'm hearing there will at least 3 changes on the defensive staff...

One of which would probably get Miami fans very excited.
Local guy who's arguably the best evaluator and developer of DL talent in the country. 🤞🏻
Kevin or Charlie?

2001 Miami Coaching Staff​

Head Coach: Larry Coker (12-0)
Offensive Coordinator: Rob Chudzinksi
Defensive Coordinator: Randy Shannon
Other Assistant Coaches: Mark Stoops (DB Coach) Curtis Johnson(WR Coach)

I did not forget them, why I said etc. And Stoops was on Butch’s staff.

U do realize that Butch leave after the 2000 season, right? Lol. Stoops coached under Coker, not Butch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I might be one of the few (or many) to be sorry to see Blades Jr. leave. Not only was he one of our best alumni’s kids - he was a top 100 recruit on ESPN and his film and testing in HS proved it. At this point starting to feel bad for these young athletes going thru 3-4 coaching changes on both sides of the ball. Blades was a dog coming in. No question about it. So was Gil.

Had these guys been with a consistent staff? Same as the QBs. These coaching changes are killing us. We need to find a 3 year consistent staff.

lol I actually think Steele gone is a bit of a disservice. he wasn't amazing but id still keep him off field. have him mentor a younger candidate. I think you need to go young at both coordinator spots. it's the trend now too anyways w play callers.
Part of me wants to give Steele a pass but looking back and watching guys like Kam and Rique looking completely lost, seeing guys like Tae and Gil unable to see the field etc

I’m not saying it’s all on him but there’s some glaring concerns I have about this defense

But I will say I’ve always liked Steele. If he’s here next year I’ve got no complaints, just kind of an odd series of **** this year

I don’t want to overly push blame on Steele when we know the problems on this team are deep

Last edited:
I don't think that would be a good move if we want to keep Mauigoa. The Polynesian players tend to have strong bonds (basically familial) with the Polynesian coaches.
Mario aint burning that bridge. Salavea is well respected in the polynesian football family circle. Crazier things have happened though. So we'll see how it plays out. Say bye to future polynesian players if Salavea gets fired.

I'm hearing there will at least 3 changes on the defensive staff...

One of which would probably get Miami fans very excited.
Local guy who's arguably the best evaluator and developer of DL talent in the country. 🤞🏻
Coach, you know you're my guy, but you need to be more cryptic than that. Don't you want people in here to freak out and suffer?

Advertisement
I don't think that would be a good move if we want to keep Mauigoa. The Polynesian players tend to have strong bonds (basically familial) with the Polynesian coaches.
Just spitballing (Ie know nothing) but what if that one is Joe just wanting to be back out west?

People misunderstand this. Coaches can go on their own terms if they feel like it.

This won't hurt our chances with Mauigoa at all.
The reason i agree with this is because MC and Maribal have a track record of success with Penei and other polyz they recruited to Oregon. Luckily for us, MC earns his stripes in roster building. Lets hope he can hire monsters for the x's and o's this go around.

Advertisement
Yeah piggybacking some guys just prefer being elsewhere instead of being bad coaches.

Maybe wright wants to go back to Texas or Joe back west. Maybe it’s not a firing.

Either way, the complaints about what we could lose if one of those guys leaves and is replaced by a guy like Partridge is silly.

His track record of defensive line coaching and finding under appreciated guys is phenomenal. The only d line coach in the country Id take over him is Larry Johnson. Kevin Patrick would be a very good hire as well. I also thought it might be a cryptic take on local being Orgeron since he’s been hanging around but no way the admin lets him be hired. Too much baggage.

Either way, it sounds like exciting possibilities all around with the new staff.

No Stoops was NEVER on any Butch staff...Stoops came in Jan 2001...2 weeks after Butch and Chuck left for the Browns ...Stop it....Stoops took over DB Coaching from Chuck Pagano, who left with Butch to Cleveland in Jan 2001....
I mean the dude had a chance to research it before the second post and he still got it wrong....... Nothing worse than someone wanting so bad to "know it all" and failing that hard....
Good job blowing that up.... (y)(y)

I heard some of it is already done.

Well hopefully it’s who we all ( well most of us) want/expect it to be and has been announced to the recruits that need to know but I’m not sure why it’s not being announced publicly but as long as it is/has been done and recruits that it will matter to know it’s all that matters.

I wouldn’t want to lose a high profile offensive recruit because he looks over at our staff and sees Gattis and his stare into space offense is still in charge.

Thanks for the info Coach cause it eases my mind a little but I’ll feel a whooooooole lot better when they are announced publicly,a replacement named and they’re .gone

Advertisement
Back