Now the fun part

Cribby

All-American
Premium
Now that we’ve gotten that pesky football season out of the way we can get down to what we do best around here……”The offseason“.

They say “ champions are built in the offseason” but at Miami it’s “ we’re champions of the offseason“ and this will be year four of our dynasty. It should be easily the best one yet. I’ll be expecting far more excitement and happiness than the last three months combined. Here’s a quick sample of things to come.

1. Dramatic changes to the O staff. Regardless if it’s coaches “ going elsewhere“ , “ mutual separation“ or just straight up fired., the room will look dramatically different. The defensive side is the tricky part, I’d expect a minimum of one change but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s blown up too. I’ve always viewed most of that staff as safe but I’m not as sure with that as of today. That one will be intriguing.

2. A very nice finish to the recruiting class , maybe even better than I originally expected. Adding flips and a couple surprises to an already loaded class. The crap show of a season hasn’t change my outlook on a really good finish.

3. Hitting the portal and hard. There’ll be starters at positions of need being added through the portal and more depth as well As I’ve been saying for months “this offseason will have more quality enter than we’ve ever seen in the few years of it’s existence“. There will be a focus on adding playmakers on offense. Wr’s , OL and even one rb is possible. Defense I could see all three levels adding key guys, the back seven getting a lot of the focus.

We won’t recognize this roster at the kickoff of the ‘23 season.

The season is over and thats once again a good thing , hopefully this is the last year we’re living in this state of insanity. To be continued …….

Advertisement
prayer GIF

Advertisement
Now that we’ve gotten that pesky football season out of the way we can get down to what we do best around here……”The offseason“.

They say “ champions are built in the offseason” but at Miami it’s “ we’re champions of the offseason“ and this will be year four of our dynasty. It should be easily the best one yet. I’ll be expecting far more excitement and happiness than the last three months combined. Here’s a quick sample of things to come.

1. Dramatic changes to the O staff. Regardless if it’s coaches “ going elsewhere“ , “ mutual separation“ or just straight up fired., the room will look dramatically different. The defensive side is the tricky part, I’d expect a minimum of one change but wouldn’t be shocked if it’s blown up too. I’ve always viewed most of that staff as safe but I’m not as sure with that as of today. That one will be intriguing.

2. A very nice finish to the recruiting class , maybe even better than I originally expected. Adding flips and a couple surprises to an already loaded class. The crap show of a season hasn’t change my outlook on a really good finish.

3. Hitting the portal and hard. There’ll be starters at positions of need being added through the portal and more depth as well As I’ve been saying for months “this offseason will have more quality enter than we’ve ever seen in the few years of it’s existence“. There will be a focus on adding playmakers on offense. Wr’s , OL and even one rb is possible. Defense I could see all three levels adding key guys, the back seven getting a lot of the focus.

The season is over and thats once again a good thing , hopefully this is the last year we’re living in this state of insanity. To be continued …….

Hunger Games Odds GIF

Advertisement

Judge Judy GIF by Lifetime Telly

Advertisement
Advertisement
"We won't recognize this roster at the kickoff of the '23 season."

****, I didn't recognize a lot of the roster at the start of this season. I sat with my crew at the Bethune Cookman game and found myself asking, "Is that the kid from Maryland? Is that the kid from UCLA? Is that the kid from West Virginia?" lol

Advertisement
Back