Now the fun part

again, we can only go by the trends we see at two schools. i agree that until we get under the hood we wont know for a fact, but this is something oregon fans had issues with it, posters pointed out the moment feld was named, and now we had in season. well see what happens but im still on board with taking a second look at the SnC along with the rest of the staff this offseason.

now look D money said the exact same thing with the injury thing. does TOC want to clown him too?
You think Oregon fans aren’t just as clueless throwing **** against the wall as our fans?

And D is talking about Mario’s practices

Actually ya know what, I’m leaving this senseless debate for the 1,000th tkme

This **** is so pointless

Advertisement
You think Oregon fans aren’t just as clueless throwing **** against the wall as our fans?
i dont think theyre the smartest just as i dont think we are the smartest (were all just dumb fans in the end and anyone who thinks otherwise thinks way too highly of themselves). they watch their team as closely as we watch ours. soemthing to point out that continued here from there was the injury thing. again, well never know but to me, it is something to look at.

got it. have a great day.

i havent back tracked at all. ive said it before and said it again, idk if its feld, mario, or both. you can find it on here and ask anyone whos read it bc ive said it. i will still say that the injuries under feld at UO and now here are concerning. idc if oyu want to discount that but im not back tracking ****.

You absolutely have backtracked. You started out pile-humping with other porsters over Feld, and then you only backtracked to "maybe it's Feld, maybe it's Mario, maybe it's both" after people called you out for it.

The reason I address YOU is because I know you are CAPABLE of reasonable analysis. There are other hopeless mopes who are never going to change their tiny minds about certain things.

Again, where did I "discount" anything? I've simply acknowledged that there may be OTHER factors that explain the correlation of "number of injuries" at Oregon and Miami. And those factors might NOT be as simple as "Feld sucks". Or "Mario bad". That is not "defending Mario", that is looking for the true answers, no matter what they are, without oversimplifying things to "blame the coach".

Just go back and re-read. Sometimes I joke about it ("defective Nikes"), sometimes I sarcastically point out a bad argument, sometimes I put someone on blast. I try different tactics, I don't just have one schtick.

The point I'm making is simple, even if it involves something far more complex. Maybe, just maybe, going from zero to 100 (in terms of workout intensity) is going to break a few eggs. Are there alternatives? Coaches only have these kids for a couple of years, it's kinda hard to give a kid 2 or 3 years to reverse a lifetime of relative laziness (i.e., if the kid has previously succeeded by being bigger/faster than everyone else).

Here, I'll even be nice, since you're so mad. Did you watch the first episode of the Shaq documentary? There was a part in there where Shaq talked about how his growth was problematic for his development in high school, because he wasn't completely coordinated, and he had a lot of issues to overcome. But he kept asking the coach to play, to repeat drills, he didn't want to let pain get in the way of doing what he needed to do.

A lot of kids are not that driven while they are HS-aged. Mario got here with a bunch of players who became accustomed to taking things easy under Manny. I don't know if Mario should have eased his intensity in for those guys, but those players don't exactly have a couple of years to change their lives around either.

Dig deeper for answers. Some of these questions (i.e., immediately change the physical culture/expectations or "ease it in over time") do not have easy answers, or answers that are "one-size-fits-all".

Advertisement
again, we can only go by the trends we see at two schools. i agree that until we get under the hood we wont know for a fact, but this is something oregon fans had issues with it, posters pointed out the moment feld was named, and now we had in season. well see what happens but im still on board with taking a second look at the SnC along with the rest of the staff this offseason.

now look D money said the exact same thing with the injury thing. does TOC want to clown him too?

I know @DMoney . And you, sir, are no @DMoney.

Not even close.

Don’t know the name
This guy

george costanza comedy GIF

Hmmm..."Hialeah hot head"...interesting shorthand reference...

I went to school with rsa, he's no "Hialeah hot head".
We know what “Hialeah” means. That said, this started with one barb and then my ******* mistake of taking them off mutual ignore because one of them complained.

I’m done with mercy here. There’s no option but to be ruthless with poRsters.

Advertisement

We know what “Hialeah” means. That said, this started with one barb and then my ******* mistake of taking them off mutual ignore because one of them complained.

To follow up, I would add:

Know this, porsters. Not all porsting is mortal. Some porsting is not serious enough to permanently kill one's friendship with CIS, but still it is harmful to us and to your CIS neighbors. The mess caused by such porsting needs correction. This correction is temporal punishment. Soon, some porsters can be corrected and cleansed through personal penance in Purgatory - thanks in large part to your CIS redeemers. Godspeed.

Most of us are not going to review thousands of likes. (Mario said we're going to work mane!)
Mine said it at the top. My bad. I'm borderline too* old for social media. Kamari's Dad. He used to flirt with Auburn. Tea leaves perhaps?! Just thought it was funny. Kam also liked it but I assume it's more out of respect.

Last edited:

And D is talking about Mario’s practices

Actually ya know what, I’m leaving this senseless debate for the 1,000th tkme

This **** is so pointless
Like you jhall but lets think about this.

Are we knowledgeable about the failures of golden and manny? Yes we are.

What makes you think they dont know problems with coaching theyve had?

I hear ya. It's a tough tightrope to walk.

It would be nice if people had thicker skins for the "barbs". I've been posting for nearly 25 years across multiple boards under the same name (OK, I dropped the "4ever" at the end of my name for aesthetic reasons), and you tend to hear the same nonsensical barbs. If I shed a tear every time someone made a lawyer joke or a "too long, did not read" comment...

I'm just not a fan of when fragile-ego porsters try to dictate whether someone is allowed to respond to their posts. I do not deny that it is a fine line between "jokes/criticism" and "personal attacks", and it's a tough one to regulate, but I also think it's worth the effort. And I think the "concept" of mutual-ignore is greater than the "actual reality" of mutual-ignore, that's all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure who this person is but just for some context, I work in the health and fitness industry and let me just say that the one thing that S&C coaches live to do is criticize other S&C coaches

Mfers have a god complex like you’ve never seen before

So just be mindful before following a narrative they put out

Not saying it’s wrong but…grain of salt
One of my best friends is in that industry and has trained some professional athletes, and this is 100% facts. Unless you are advocating for like 95% the same diet and exercise regimen, they will **** on your program.
Don't wanna derail the thread but just wanted to comment that I have a BS and MS in S&C, 2 internships and 11+ years experience and there are 3 reasons I walked away from the industry: the pay, the parents, and what you're both talking about: the culture of absolute douchecanoes.

There are thousands of professional, working S&C coaches grinding day in and day out, but that doesn't get you views on IG. Nobody wants to watch safe, scientifically-demonstrated effective programming, that's boring. It incentivizes people to create more and more outlandish content for views, including ****ting on other coaches or coming up with crazy circus clown **** for workouts ("FLIPPING TIRES WHILE BALANCING 1 LEG ON A BOSU BALL WILL GET YOU JACKED! CLICK HERE TO WATCH!").

I'm skeptical of Feld but have always made sure I steer clear of making accusations that I can't demonstrate to be true.

Advertisement
Back