Now the fun part

Help me out, I don’t know what I’m looking for….

dumb and dumber television GIF
C’mon…don’t be lazy…there are only 7,000 likes to wade thru

Advertisement
I went through a bunch of these injuries mid-season and I wasn't convinced one way or the other. We had a lot of guys with prior injuries (Zion, Restrepo, Chaney), some bone injuries (George), and mostly contact injuries. We did have a good amount of injuries in the spring and a few in fall camp, too. How much of that is S&C versus adjusting from a light contact practice regimen under Manny to a heavy contact practice regimen under Mario? Who knows? But the injuries certainly continued as the season went on, and as a team this was one of (if not the most) injury-plagued seasons I can recall off-hand. There was definitely an "injury problem" this season, but I'm just not convinced we have isolated the source of the problem.

Do you know if anyone has actually compared the number of injuries Mario's teams had each year at FIU and Oregon compared to other teams in the same conferences those season? If so, that might help explain: (1) whether it's actually a problem Mario's had throughout his HC career; and (2) whether it's gotten better or worse since he teamed up with Feld.
ive said idk if its a mario feld issue together, mario issue, feld issue, or neither.

i have a buddy who is a PT who has worked with athletes (cant say who) in their recovery so i can give him a call. itll be hard to get a real opinion on it from people who would know bc we dont know every specific as ti relates to the injuries suffered, the type of training theyre doing, and the level of physicality with their practices.

as i said, my opinion is uninformed as is a lot of other peoples. all we can look at is the trends under feld/mario together/mario alone/feld alone. well never get the real specifics from anyone

I went through a bunch of these injuries mid-season and I wasn't convinced one way or the other. We had a lot of guys with prior injuries (Zion, Restrepo, Chaney), some bone injuries (George), and mostly contact injuries. We did have a good amount of injuries in the spring and a few in fall camp, too. How much of that is S&C versus adjusting from a light contact practice regimen under Manny to a heavy contact practice regimen under Mario? Who knows? But the injuries certainly continued as the season went on, and as a team this was one of (if not the most) injury-plagued seasons I can recall off-hand. There was definitely an "injury problem" this season, but I'm just not convinced we have isolated the source of the problem.

Do you know if anyone has actually compared the number of injuries Mario's teams had each year at FIU and Oregon compared to other teams in the same conferences those season? If so, that might help explain: (1) whether it's actually a problem Mario's had throughout his HC career; and (2) whether it's gotten better or worse since he teamed up with Feld.
It’s becoming a thing people are parroting

You can tell because someone with experience might use it as a potential concern but they wouldn’t actually speak about it in black and white without at minimum attending some workout sessions with the team

Some people here have done that

But then you get people just looking for an excuse and suddenly we are pushing this Feld thing but no one really knows the answers

Advertisement
Not sure who this person is but just for some context, I work in the health and fitness industry and let me just say that the one thing that S&C coaches live to do is criticize other S&C coaches

Mfers have a god complex like you’ve never seen before

So just be mindful before following a narrative they put out

Not saying it’s wrong but…grain of salt

One of my best friends is in that industry and has trained some professional athletes, and this is 100% facts. Unless you are advocating for like 95% the same diet and exercise regimen, they will **** on your program.

It’s becoming a thing people are parroting

You can tell because someone with experience might use it as a potential concern but they wouldn’t actually speak about it in black and white without at minimum attending some workout sessions with the team

Some people here have done that

But then you get people just looking for an excuse and suddenly we are pushing this Feld thing but no one really knows the answers
i think the feld thing was being pushed from the moment he was hired. if you look back on the original thread, there were notable concerns from posters about this issue. it just became highlighted this year. again, who knows if its a mario thing or a feld thing or a combo of both. feld likely isnt getting fired anyways so well see what happens next year.

i think the feld thing was being pushed from the moment he was hired. if you look back on the original thread, there were notable concerns from posters about this issue. it just became highlighted this year. again, who knows if its a mario thing or a feld thing or a combo of both. feld likely isnt getting fired anyways so well see what happens next year.
I’m fully aware of it yes. What I’m saying is there’s nothing in our injury report this season that would tell us anything

We don’t even know how these guys are getting hurt most of the time

This is not me defending Feld, I just simply don’t kmow

We’ve got a soft *** team that much I do know

One of my best friends is in that industry and has trained some professional athletes, and this is 100% facts. Unless you are advocating for like 95% the same diet and exercise regimen, they will **** on your program.
Everyone thinks everyone else is literally killing their clients or at best just wasting their time

It’s actually astonishing 😂

Advertisement
I’m fully aware of it yes. What I’m saying is there’s nothing in our injury report this season that would tell us anything

We don’t even know how these guys are getting hurt most of the time
oh i agree. i just said in another post. well never know the real answer to it. we can only go by what we saw previous to miami and here at miami. ****, they can just tell us all the injuries occurred in game and never anywhere else lol. its not like they have to reveal the specifics and likely never will. in the end, its just entertainment for a message board and for myself. nothing will come from it bc none of us know whats going on from within.

Everyone thinks everyone else is literally killing their clients or at best just wasting their time

It’s actually astonishing 😂

Exactly! Always the extremes. Either what they are doing is bad/dangerous for you, or what they are doing is inefficient/worthless.

Advertisement

Exactly. And it's similar to the point I'm making with @hoops156 's mindless garbage on this particular topic.

Just because "a lot of people" say something doesn't make it true. And now that we've held his feet to the fire, he's backtracking and saying that NOW he will go out and talk to his "buddy" who is a physical therapist.

We had players with prior injuries. We've had criminally light workouts under Manny. We have increased the workload and the expectations.

We also hired one of the best "recovery" guys in sports, we bought the low-temperature recovery rooms, we increased our staff, we upgraded our facilities.

And in spite of all that, we have porsters who are going to act like there is something fundamentally flawed in Feld's approach, the approach that resulted in very few significant injuries at Alabama. Because, you know, they cherry-pick the evidence and only talk about the things that fit their narratives.

What a joke.

oh i agree. i just said in another post. well never know the real answer to it. we can only go by what we saw previous to miami and here at miami. ****, they can just tell us all the injuries occurred in game and never anywhere else lol. its not like they have to reveal the specifics and likely never will. in the end, its just entertainment for a message board and for myself. nothing will come from it bc none of us know whats going on from within.
To your point (and others) there’s got to be some kind of cohesion with Mario and Feld. I mean they’ve been together for a long time.

If Mario wants to kill them in practices then there’s gotta be some kind of balance.

. Would have to see the inner workings to see if there’s really anything to take from it.

It doesn’t seem to be a good mix, whatever it is.

Advertisement
I actually want nothing to do with this Hialeah hot head, so you won't get any trouble from me.

Hmmm..."Hialeah hot head"...interesting shorthand reference...

I went to school with rsa, he's no "Hialeah hot head".

Exactly. And it's similar to the point I'm making with @hoops156 's mindless garbage on this particular topic.

Just because "a lot of people" say something doesn't make it true. And now that we've held his feet to the fire, he's backtracking and saying that NOW he will go out and talk to his "buddy" who is a physical therapist.

We had players with prior injuries. We've had criminally light workouts under Manny. We have increased the workload and the expectations.

We also hired one of the best "recovery" guys in sports, we bought the low-temperature recovery rooms, we increased our staff, we upgraded our facilities.

And in spite of all that, we have porsters who are going to act like there is something fundamentally flawed in Feld's approach, the approach that resulted in very few significant injuries at Alabama. Because, you know, they cherry-pick the evidence and only talk about the things that fit their narratives.

What a joke.

got it. have a great day.

i havent back tracked at all. ive said it before and said it again, idk if its feld, mario, or both. you can find it on here and ask anyone whos read it bc ive said it. i will still say that the injuries under feld at UO and now here are concerning. idc if oyu want to discount that but im not back tracking ****.

To your point (and others) there’s got to be some kind of cohesion with Mario and Feld. I mean they’ve been together for a long time.

If Mario wants to kill them in practices then there’s gotta be some kind of balance.

. Would have to see the inner workings to see if there’s really anything to take from it.

It doesn’t seem to be a good mix, whatever it is.
again, we can only go by the trends we see at two schools. i agree that until we get under the hood we wont know for a fact, but this is something oregon fans had issues with it, posters pointed out the moment feld was named, and now we had in season. well see what happens but im still on board with taking a second look at the SnC along with the rest of the staff this offseason.

now look D money said the exact same thing with the injury thing. does TOC want to clown him too?

Advertisement
Back