Now the fun part

Got this from another board SIAP

I've actually never posted "insider" info before but my cousin is best friends with Josh Gattis sister. This is real. All the coaches met with Cristobal privately and f Gattis was told if he wants to be here he is staying. Mario still believes in hm, he wants to get him (Gattis) his own hires as Cristobal knows he messed up with that; so I do think Ponce is gone at least and maybe the Rb coach .Gattis is back out recruiting as of today and look for announcements on Gattis O coaches soon
kick-ball-kick.gif

Advertisement
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Gattis recruiting at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
The same poster on WEZ.com continues to insist on the veracity of his claim. He even produced the name of Gattis' sister.

Advertisement
Their offense was horrible, we'll probably hire him.
It wasn't his offense. Jimbo runs his offense and calls the plays. OC there is basically a title to up their pay much like Atkins is OC at FSU but Norvell is actually calling the plays.

Advertisement
Lot of people recommending dudes for positions who were fired recently.

I’d rather get a coach who is on the upswing, not a dude who was handed his walking papers yesterday.
I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying but some context is important.
What job are they being fired for?
If they were a good OC and got a HC job and it didn't work out...doesn't mean they can't still be a good OC.
If its an OC that got fired and an OC then I agree.

Honestly after the last 15+ miserable years, would this really surprise anyone?
It would be shocking. There wasn’t an 8 figure coaching payroll for the last 15 years. The on-field results this year were disappointing, but there is finally a real commitment to invest in the program. With this level of investment, expectations are higher and underperforming coaches should be replaced with haste.

Advertisement
Watched them beat Utah State down at parents weekend this fall. Coach Panda's D gave me Manny flashbacks. They certainly weren't a great offense but that day they looked like it.

Arroyo first year at UNLV he went 0-6 (Covid 2020) and by year 3 had improved 5-7.

Had a bad loss to Air Force (42-7) but played Notre Dame tough for a half and had close games against Cal, San Diego St, and Fresno St. They put 34 against Banda and Utah St and beat rival Nevada, which they don’t do very often.

Really surprised they fired him. Program looked like it was ascending.

That said I don’t think he would my choice for OC. If he just coming as Co-OC (non play caller) that would be fine

Advertisement
Yea sir , I have as many people cheering against me and looking forward to my failing as those appreciative. Welcome to the internet.
To be fair I don’t think that’s true

People like myself that do appreciate you just don’t mention it as often as the people that want to crap all over you. I’m in a similar position in my field and I have to remind myself this a lot.

To be fair I don’t think that’s true

People like myself that do appreciate you just don’t mention it as often as the people that want to crap all over you. I’m in a similar position in my field and I have to remind myself this a lot.
I’ve had screen shots texted to me from twitter lol. You’d think I’m 40-60 on stuff, but it’s all good

Advertisement
Back