Now the fun part

Did Mario struggle finding candidates to fill the initial OC vacancy? Wasn’t it slim pickings back then? wonder if that’s playing a part in this scenario and worse now w half a team and an OC that would be potentially be canned after one year.

The slim pickings is because Mario is looking for an OC that is still running a 3 yd in a cloud of dust offense and all the decent to good OC’s have all moved into the 21st century with their offenses.

Advertisement
From my original list today of guys that are uncommitted or we were told we were in the process of possibly flipping. Look back a few messages
And? Given we already have a top 10 class and arent going to get everyone, your list comes across as complaining for the sake of complaining. Would you feel better if we got a slower start to recruiting and then flipped people later to get a top 10 class?

Advertisement
Advertisement
And? Given we already have a top 10 class and arent going to get everyone, your list comes across as complaining for the sake of complaining. Would you feel better if we got a slower start to recruiting and then flipped people later to get a top 10 class?
2018 was top 10 class and 2021 was #11 and we know they were not good. So you can say we are #8 and I can say so what.

Big misses in this class which will impact use next season:

1) No elite QB
2) No Power RBs
3) No #1 WRs
4) More Big Boy DTs
5) Need more elite CBs
6) No Safeties

Lots of swing and misses for elite recruiter and super NIL deals.

We have many top 10 classes in the last 20 years with awful results.

I am told constantly recruiting is about relationships and money. We have both now and I thought we would close stronger. That is all I am saying. You guys lobbing insults are probably the ones losing your minds every year we stink and wondering why. We have a super recruiter and money and still don’t seem to be able to close . Disappointing is my point. Thought we would be big game hunting and winning battles with the elite. But no we are going with a whimper:

Bain - Like him but might be a tweener
Johnson - Beating Ole **** love his speed.

Plus this class has a lot of question marks.

QB - Emory project

RB - Nobody with a current roster of 3 one is small, one coming off leg injury who is a stud, other one is never healthy. Probably missing on Fletcher and K Jones to Florida and Georgia. Hopefully add Johnson but need much more dependable size.

WR - Joseph love his speed and attitude
Washington great speed but seems like a kid who better play early. So many misses and such average talent on the team.

TE - Who knows all 3 seem solid additions who should add to Arroyo and Skinner

OL - Francis elite
Kinsler nice size
Lew stud but might skip to Auburn
Tinilau great size but a projext
Tripp solid
Without Samson not an elite group.
McCoy and Cooper plus this group with Samson and Lew is elite

DE - Wayne elite
Acheampong elite athlete but played only 3 games and got injured not a good sign for a new football player
Bain - elite production not ideal size
Missed on Damon Wilson and MPemba to Georgia. Good group to add to Kelley and Moss last season.

DT - Horton tremendous find kid is elite. Misses all over the place and our roster is so bad here. Will not win big until this trend changes. Taylor Lichtenstein Moten and JHH lol is so average and lacking size it is comical.

LB - Popo looks really good
Washington unreal athlete but does he have LB instincts??
Georgia kid projext
Bryant is he a rush end or a true LBer. That is a real question.
Better hope we land Clarke
Wesley B is all we have on the roster with maybe Chase Smith.

CB - Cormani huge win thought we might have more wins like this down the stretch. Kids I thought wanted to play with him is what I heard after his announcement.
Stafford solid is he a CB or S
A Jackson probably not ready but is a fighter as displayed at Miami camp. Hope he is ready. So many misses down the stretch. The rest of our CB room is full of questions from Graves, Rodgers, Harris, and Curtis. Couch and Porter average and small.

S - Kinchens stud
JWill solid player who might be a tweener
Markeith looks the part
Only add so far is Spencer who might be a Backer.

This roster still has so many holes that the #8 recruiting class has not solved.

No elite QB
No Big Backs
No elite #1 WRs
No war daddy DTs
The mob won't want to hear this and I fully expect everyone here to clamor for 10 wins next season but fair assessment. Class is solid not elite by any marker.

Advertisement
2018 was top 10 class and 2021 was #11 and we know they were not good. So you can say we are #8 and I can say so what.

Big misses in this class which will impact use next season:

1) No elite QB
2) No Power RBs
3) No #1 WRs
4) More Big Boy DTs
5) Need more elite CBs
6) No Safeties

Lots of swing and misses for elite recruiter and super NIL deals.
I will counter with Emory was an Elite 11 finalist. Obviously he is destined for stardom.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back