Now that the cloud has cleared

This staff is getting less out of more talent. Our whole defense is mostly four and five star recruits and we can't stop the run. So it becomes even more vital that we stack classes, especially on defense.

What reality do you guys live in? Our whole defense is 4 and 5 star recruits? Really?

Let's look specifically at our front seven since you mentioned we can't stop the run. We have:

DE: Anthony Chickillo - 4 star
NT: Heurtelou - 3 star JUCO
DT: Olsen Pierre - 3 star stolen from Temple last minute
JACK: Tyriq McCord - 4 star
WILL: Raphael Kirby - 4 star
MIKE: Denzel Perryman - 3 star
SAM: Thurston Armbrister - 0 STAR!!!

A lot of you really don't know what you're looking at on Saturdays.

We only play 7 on defense?

Thomas 5 star, Owens 4 star, Kirby and Grace 4 stars, Howard 4-5 star, Burns 4 star, Bush and Carter 4 stars

Heurt had SEC offers and the best JuCo talent evaluator (Bill Snyder) wanted him. Wyche had a USC offer.

Don't try and downplay the talent we have because collectively it's not living up to their individual billing.

Advertisement
This staff is getting less out of more talent. Our whole defense is mostly four and five star recruits and we can't stop the run. So it becomes even more vital that we stack classes, especially on defense.

What reality do you guys live in? Our whole defense is 4 and 5 star recruits? Really?

Let's look specifically at our front seven since you mentioned we can't stop the run. We have:

We only play 7 on defense?

Thomas 5 star, Owens 4 star, Kirby and Grace 4 stars, Howard 4-5 star, Burns 4 star, Bush and Carter 4 stars

Heurt had SEC offers and the best JuCo talent evaluator (Bill Snyder) wanted him. Wyche had a USC offer.

Don't try and downplay the talent we have because collectively it's not living up to their individual billing.

LOL! Most of the talent you mentioned is in the secondary.... who have we let pass on us this season?

Thomas is our most highly touted recruit getting any burn in the front seven, but he's a true freshman who has played 8 games. Nobody would argue he isn't playing well and a future stud, but he was already getting double-teamed during VT. That should tell you something about the other guys we have.

First, the argument was our WHOLE DEFENSE was 4 and 5 stars, now it's "Ok, there's a bunch of 3-stars, but they had decent offers." It's comical.

Not sure if you meant it that was but your post is showing another level of Golden's failure.

4 years in and he hasn't recruited and developed one impact DL. No DL has had more then 5 sacks in a single year under Golden (Robinson and Chick in 2011).

Its going to be a **** shame what they do to CThomas.

Advertisement
So it's not Golden's fault that those are his starting DT's in year 4? Lol wow.

And Armbrister plays because these ******* have left Grace on the bench for no god **** reason. They choose to play one of Brad Pitt's adopted kids at safety over Jamal Carter.

Perryman was a 4 star on scout.

He was a composite 3 star on 247, but I don't know if that changes my argument.

He's developed into a 5 star talent, that's for sure.
And every one of us who followed him during the recruiting process knew he was a stud that was being underrated by the services. To simply say he was 3 star is intellectually dishonest at best.

And every one of us who followed him during the recruiting process knew he was a stud that was being underrated by the services. To simply say he was 3 star is intellectually dishonest at best.

We all knew had Perryman been two inches taller he'd be a 4-star on every site.

Yes, we all knew Perryman was a good player.

Like I said, it doesn't change my argument. If you want to call Perryman a 4 star, it would bring the average of our starting front seven from a 3 star to a 3.1 star.

Advertisement

Like I said, it doesn't change my argument. If you want to call Perryman a 4 star, it would bring the average of our starting front seven from a 3 star to a 3.1 star.

Whose fault is that?

Whose fault is that?

I'm assuming you want to blame Golden without taking into account that the 2011 class was built by our staff on something like 2 weeks of contact time and the following classes were recruited under the threat of NCAA sanctions?

That's fine, but I'd ask you to take a look at the next generation on the front seven:

DE: Chad Thomas - 5 Star
NT: Courtel Jenkins - 3 Star ... Jersey recruitniks knew he was a stud, too, but I won't enforce the "Perryman rule" and ask for him to be upgraded to a 4 star.
DT: Anthony Moten - 4 Star
JACK: Al-Quadin Muhammad - 4 Star
WILL: Jermaine Grace - 4 Star
MIKE: Juwon Young - 3 Star
SAM: Darrion Owens - 4 Star

That should be our front seven in 2016. Now all of the sudden we've gone from a 3 star defense to a 4 star defense in two years.

How can people complain about this class so far??? Its solid

lowered-expectations.jpg

Man..I swear alot of you act like this is your first time at the Rodeo. Is this thread serious? Man, I am almost dreading the bye week for the FSU game. For that two week period this board is going to be unbearable.

First off, Al Golden and company have ALOT more things to worry about then recruiting right now. We dont even know who will still be on the staff next year. **** for all we know, Dno/Paul Williams and Jethro could all be gone after the season. These guys are literally coaching for there livelihoods these next 4 games.

Second off, I guarantee you other teams havent contacted recruits either. You think Jimbo is on the dial hitting up Calvin Ridley? Man that guy is trying to win another title. And if he does, recruits will be calling him! My point is that coaches are focused on ending the season on a good note. The time to visit and talk to recruits will surely come.

Is this class as good as it was this time last year? No. But we are waiting on ALOT of recruits and elite ones at that. Most of these kids want to wait and see what we do record wise the rest of the season. Honestly, I dont blame them. Who the **** would want to join this circus if we end the season 6-6...Als job in the limbo, Dno gets fired, etc..

I agree with anyone who says that slow playing guys like Fenton and Huggins is stupid. Roderick Archer too. Al must know something we dont. Maybe someone told him that the Davis boys (Carlton and Davante) and Tim Irvin are ours to lose as long as we stay on them and end the season with a pulse. Who knows.

But lets not panic this early. We have a season to salvage.

Not sure why you posted your diatribe after my post. Care to explain.

This recruiting class is lousy, a couple really promising players and then a bunch of JAGS or guys who will be on the roster 2 years and transfer to Bethune Cookman type programs ala Larry Hope, Hoilett, Jontavius Carter etc.

If you can't see the writing on the wall for this class you're delusional. Its bad. It's not Randy Shannon 2010-2011 bad, but that shouldn't matter. Randy Shannon's ****** recruiting towards the end of his tenure isn't the benchmark for what makes a good class. We're losing most of the top guys in South Florida for the 2nd straight year, and that's not ok.

Advertisement
This recruiting class is lousy, a couple really promising players and then a bunch of JAGS or guys who will be on the roster 2 years and transfer to Bethune Cookman type programs ala Larry Hope, Hoilett, Jontavius Carter etc.

If you can't see the writing on the wall for this class you're delusional. Its bad. It's not Randy Shannon 2010-2011 bad, but that shouldn't matter. Randy Shannon's ****ty recruiting towards the end of his tenure isn't the benchmark for what makes a good class. We're losing most of the top guys in South Florida for the 2nd straight year, and that's not ok.

Yup. And not only are they failing to land most of the top talent in South Florida, they're outright neglecting to recruit top corners from Dade (Fenton) and Broward (Hoggins) to accept a commitment from a corner from SEC country with zero SEC offers who has Akron and Southern Miss in his Top 5.

They're bringing some of this on themselves with their size bias, highly questionable talent evaluation, and criminal neglect of their own recruiting base.

Advertisement
LMAO! What are you guys talking about? Randy 2010 2.0?

Randy had Dorsett, Chick, Al Louis-Jean and NICK MENOCAL in DECEMBER! Three solid prospects and one joke with two months left until signing day.

In October of 2014 we have:

At least 2 ELITE running backs, 3 if Walton reclassifies. Add that to Joseph Yearby last year and we have 4 horses at RB.

At WR we have a freak athlete in Terrell Chatman and a chance at another stud in Calloway.

We're bringing in solid depth at QB with Dwayne Lawson.

Not a fan of Loftus, but we're bringing in numbers and talent on the OL (much needed after getting shafted last second by Gibbons last year) and we still have a shot at Jalen Merrick, an outstanding prospect.

On the DL nobody would argue that we're bringing in 2 quality guys at DE in Patchan & McIntosh to go with last year's haul, some depth at NT with Fines and we still have a shot at Shelton Johnson & Kendrick Norton among others.

At LB we have two more quality guys in Perry & Gordiner.

At DB we have, in my mind, the best safety to come out of Dade since probably Kenny Phillips in Jaquan Johnson.

Nobody is going to argue that if signing day was tomorrow that this class wouldn't have holes. I'd like to see more at DL, LB, TE and imo we need a full DB class which means another safety and a couple corners. But to act like this class is anywhere near the class that Shannon left Golden is just going to make people question whether you followed recruiting in 2010. Those were dark days.

We knew this class was going to be small, but we have a lot of great players so far and we're in the game for a lot more UNCOMMITTED prospects that could really help us out.

The class you're referring to is the 2011 class.

LMAO! What are you guys talking about? Randy 2010 2.0?

Randy had Dorsett, Chick, Al Louis-Jean and NICK MENOCAL in DECEMBER! Three solid prospects and one joke with two months left until signing day.

In October of 2014 we have:

At least 2 ELITE running backs, 3 if Walton reclassifies. Add that to Joseph Yearby last year and we have 4 horses at RB.

At WR we have a freak athlete in Terrell Chatman and a chance at another stud in Calloway.

We're bringing in solid depth at QB with Dwayne Lawson.

Not a fan of Loftus, but we're bringing in numbers and talent on the OL (much needed after getting shafted last second by Gibbons last year) and we still have a shot at Jalen Merrick, an outstanding prospect.

On the DL nobody would argue that we're bringing in 2 quality guys at DE in Patchan & McIntosh to go with last year's haul, some depth at NT with Fines and we still have a shot at Shelton Johnson & Kendrick Norton among others.

At LB we have two more quality guys in Perry & Gordiner.

At DB we have, in my mind, the best safety to come out of Dade since probably Kenny Phillips in Jaquan Johnson.

Nobody is going to argue that if signing day was tomorrow that this class wouldn't have holes. I'd like to see more at DL, LB, TE and imo we need a full DB class which means another safety and a couple corners. But to act like this class is anywhere near the class that Shannon left Golden is just going to make people question whether you followed recruiting in 2010. Those were dark days.

We knew this class was going to be small, but we have a lot of great players so far and we're in the game for a lot more UNCOMMITTED prospects that could really help us out.

The class you're referring to is the 2011 class.

Yep the 2011 class. Recruited by Randy in 2010. OP made reference to "Randy's **** of a class he had going on in his final year."

Randy 2010 2.0

I hope all this non recruiting is a sign they been warned win or u gone. There acting like there fired already, this is a sign no ones looking at.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This....I've said this for the umpteen time that Golden does not want to be here. He put all of his eggs in one basket thinking UM was his meal ticket to PSU. Once PSU turned him down and he was exposed as a liar his zeal depleted. Now, he's coaching to get another gig, but Golden does not want to be here. It's evident is his recruiting, his game day preparation, the excuses he's using to miss media day, and his lack of acknowledgment. He doesn't care and he will be gone one way or another.

Whose fault is that?

I'm assuming you want to blame Golden without taking into account that the 2011 class was built by our staff on something like 2 weeks of contact time and the following classes were recruited under the threat of NCAA sanctions?

That's fine, but I'd ask you to take a look at the next generation on the front seven:

DE: Chad Thomas - 5 Star
NT: Courtel Jenkins - 3 Star ... Jersey recruitniks knew he was a stud, too, but I won't enforce the "Perryman rule" and ask for him to be upgraded to a 4 star.
DT: Anthony Moten - 4 Star
JACK: Al-Quadin Muhammad - 4 Star
WILL: Jermaine Grace - 4 Star
MIKE: Juwon Young - 3 Star
SAM: Darrion Owens - 4 Star

That should be our front seven in 2016. Now all of the sudden we've gone from a 3 star defense to a 4 star defense in two years.

Ahh, you are a cloud guy.

And FWIW, that starting from 7 should be good, if not dominate. What until you see the results. I feel for guys like Thomas and AQM, they should be sack machines.

Advertisement
Back