Now that the cloud has cleared

And every one of us who followed him during the recruiting process knew he was a stud that was being underrated by the services. To simply say he was 3 star is intellectually dishonest at best.

Yes, we all knew Perryman was a good player.

Like I said, it doesn't change my argument. If you want to call Perryman a 4 star, it would bring the average of our starting front seven from a 3 star to a 3.1 star.

Whose fault is that?

I'm assuming you want to blame Golden without taking into account that the 2011 class was built by our staff on something like 2 weeks of contact time and the following classes were recruited under the threat of NCAA sanctions?

That's fine, but I'd ask you to take a look at the next generation on the front seven:

DE: Chad Thomas - 5 Star
NT: Courtel Jenkins - 3 Star ... Jersey recruitniks knew he was a stud, too, but I won't enforce the "Perryman rule" and ask for him to be upgraded to a 4 star.
DT: Anthony Moten - 4 Star
JACK: Al-Quadin Muhammad - 4 Star
WILL: Jermaine Grace - 4 Star
MIKE: Juwon Young - 3 Star
SAM: Darrion Owens - 4 Star

That should be our front seven in 2016. Now all of the sudden we've gone from a 3 star defense to a 4 star defense in two years.

Ahh, you are a cloud guy.

And FWIW, that starting from 7 should be good, if not dominate. What until you see the results. I feel for guys like Thomas and AQM, they should be sack machines.

AQM isn't sacking much of anything these days lol

Advertisement
I don't know why you guys argue with the sunshine pumpers. These are the same ******** that overrate the class every year and talk about "X guy only had offers from directional Montana, but he looks like Warren Sapp on tape" only to have Barry Jackson write up an article with every local recruiting expert saying "This guy was a jag. That guy was a head scratcher"

Go ahead dude. Tell me all about how Gordinier is a Dan Morgan clone, while Nebraska puts another 6 miles worth of rushing yards on us.

and LOL@ comparing Jenkins to Perryman. I dont give a **** if they rated him with 4 spoiled hot dogs next to his name on rivals. EVERYBODY knew that kid was a player. EVERYBODY.

These guys blame the cloud for ****** recruiting, but they did a much better job when it was hanging over the program

And every one of us who followed him during the recruiting process knew he was a stud that was being underrated by the services. To simply say he was 3 star is intellectually dishonest at best.

Yes, we all knew Perryman was a good player.

Like I said, it doesn't change my argument. If you want to call Perryman a 4 star, it would bring the average of our starting front seven from a 3 star to a 3.1 star.

Whose fault is that?

I'm assuming you want to blame Golden without taking into account that the 2011 class was built by our staff on something like 2 weeks of contact time and the following classes were recruited under the threat of NCAA sanctions?

That's fine, but I'd ask you to take a look at the next generation on the front seven:

DE: Chad Thomas - 5 Star
NT: Courtel Jenkins - 3 Star ... Jersey recruitniks knew he was a stud, too, but I won't enforce the "Perryman rule" and ask for him to be upgraded to a 4 star.
DT: Anthony Moten - 4 Star
JACK: Al-Quadin Muhammad - 4 Star
WILL: Jermaine Grace - 4 Star
MIKE: Juwon Young - 3 Star
SAM: Darrion Owens - 4 Star

That should be our front seven in 2016. Now all of the sudden we've gone from a 3 star defense to a 4 star defense in two years.

Ahh, you are a cloud guy.

And FWIW, that starting from 7 should be good, if not dominate. What until you see the results. I feel for guys like Thomas and AQM, they should be sack machines.

Is there anybody on here that's actually dumb enough to think the NCAA situation had no effect on anything? There are some positions where we just aren't back yet.

Advertisement
Back