Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

What do you mean!?!?!?! You're telling me having an entire rotation of True Sophomores and True Freshmen isn't deep!?!?!
tom cruise no GIF

Advertisement
People said the same about Key'Shawn Smith - who caught the same amount of balls in 2021 as Brashard in his best season (2022). KS had 405 yards in 2021 and Brashard had 308 in 2022. Then he went to SMU and started and put up 23 catches for 380.

Going down a level of comp doesn't always just equal more production. A bad WR is still a bad WR. If you're not consistent running routes and reliable there won't be any QB finding you consistently.
Smith got passed on SMU's depth chart by Romello Brinson who really came on late for them.

Rodgers is out. They would take Howard over him. Pratt wants too much money. I have not heard about Taulia. Maybe @Cribby has.

Cam is our #1 option. We might move for a long term option too like Arch and/or the Brock kid from UGA. Dawson is high on Brock.
Do they have the cash for Howard and Moore?

Advertisement
People I respect have given me different opinions about this kid. No other QB gets this kind of reaction. It’s kind of alarming how split down the middle people are about him. They either really like him or borderline hate him.
Which means he's probably somewhere in the middle.

He won't be a "bad" take for whatever program he ends up at (if he even ends up at a program) but there's a lot of volatility with him.

I think it's a mid floor, high ceiling sort of take. He can throw the ball. There's no doubt about it. But unclear on if he can limit the bad decisions. If you give him a legit OL, I think the ceiling is pretty **** high with him where he can pick apart defenses and take a pretty big step on limiting turnovers.

People I respect have given me different opinions about this kid. No other QB gets this kind of reaction. It’s kind of alarming how split down the middle people are about him. They either really like him or borderline hate him.
He's a QB that would probably have gotten us 10 wins, but isn't that great. He's a safe option. Has a little more turnovers than you'd like to see. Like Pratt for as much as some people don't like/want him has a very high big throw rate vs int throw rate.... Probably far higher than Taulias.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He's a QB that would probably have gotten us 10 wins, but isn't that great. He's a safe option. Has a little more turnovers than you'd like to see. Like Pratt for as much as some people don't like/want him has a very high big throw rate vs int throw rate.... Probably far higher than Taulias.

Precisely. Not sure how people ain't big on Pratt. He could take this team to the next level.

Dude protects the ball and uses his feet.

With the way Mario and Mirabal will have this Oline we need a QB that can pick up 3rd downs using their **** legs and not turn the ball over. The fact that Pratt is lethal throwing on the run makes the offense that much more dynamic.

The read option becomes a lethal part of our running attack and it opens up every play in the offense. He won't have as pretty a deep ball as Penix and Tyler.

Sure, there are QBs with higher ceilings but tbh, this kid is a sure fire take if he enters the portal.

I’d give Taulia a shot but I’d like to see us go after bigger fish first. He’d be a fairly big upgrade over TVD at least. Fair to point out he’s been with Gatass and mediocre skill players. I don’t like his INTs but maybe he presses knowing he has to force things to happen.

Advertisement
I could be wrong but he could make more in a job with multiple degrees lol
I don’t know what he will get in NIL but I’m pretty confident in wildly speculating that it will be significantly more than he would get in his first year in the job market. Even if one of those degrees is a law or medical degree which he doesn’t possess

Same as his brother. No idea why they're so divisive.

Advertisement
Back