Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement

Come The Rock GIF by WWE

you don’t think if breshard was getting the reps this guy was at La tech he would do the same thing
People said the same about Key'Shawn Smith - who caught the same amount of balls in 2021 as Brashard in his best season (2022). KS had 405 yards in 2021 and Brashard had 308 in 2022. Then he went to SMU and started and put up 23 catches for 380.

Going down a level of comp doesn't always just equal more production. A bad WR is still a bad WR. If you're not consistent running routes and reliable there won't be any QB finding you consistently.

I wouldn't say he's surrounded by mediocre talent. They've got a good sized OL, with at least one projected to go high in draft and they have some good backs and receivers. Mediocre coaching with Locksley and Gattis? Sure.
Stop it. Mediocre talent.

Advertisement
Rodgers is out. They would take Howard over him. Pratt wants too much money. I have not heard about Taulia. Maybe @Cribby has.

Cam is our #1 option. We might move for a long term option too like Arch and/or the Brock kid from UGA. Dawson is high on Brock.
So basically the plans are?:

A:
Get Cam and a development QB

B:
Get Howard and a development WB

And I'd guess C is:
Take 2 development guys?

Advertisement
some on here don't like him, but he would be an improvement. can throw downfield over the middle. can scoot but knows he aint the fastest so the angles he takes on his runs create for more yardage on his runs. can improvise and move out the pocket (HELLO). has won big games. talks some **** and plays with some fire.

again, not super flashy, but he would be good get.
I can see him in our backfield.

Rodgers is out. They would take Howard over him. Pratt wants too much money. I have not heard about Taulia. Maybe @Cribby has.

Cam is our #1 option. We might move for a long term option too like Arch and/or the Brock kid from UGA. Dawson is high on Brock.
Now this is an update Id get excited about. Let Fsu give Pratt the bag.

Advertisement
Advertisement
My point being, the guys who pass for the most yardage aren't necessarily the best quarterbacks. They're usually just the guy who played the most/attempted the most passes. Brad Kaaya is our all time leading passer. Mostly because we haven't had another three year starter at quarterback ever.

right, but you have to evaluate everyone on an individual basis and within the confines of your system/program; Brad Kaaya on this season's Miami team might have us in the playoff. Think of how many QBs play 4 years and don't sniff conference records.

This isn't about the individual greatness of the player, but in how said player's skill-set fits within our system and supports winning football.

Advertisement
Back