Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Yall were crowning Freeman, I told u he was over rated as ****. I not saying he'd be worse than Manny but atleast Manny had multiple years of P5 experience as a coordinator.

It looks like Kelly really caught ND flat footed and they just scrambled to hire ppl.
He could be another Manny as HC. Ascending very quickly to HC at a big school with no prior HC experience. Manny had more experience as a DC than Freeman, but I think Freeman is better.

Advertisement
HopefulElegantEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

Does any other school have as many former head coaches serving as defensive coordinators?

Are we DC U?

Golden
Shannon
Daiz

Then you also have ex position coaches --
Hurtt
Banda
Patke

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden's end results NEVER change.....BUT Al keeps getting rehired.

Whodathunkit.

Evidently AG still has that huge but empty binder of ideas he brings to interviews and no one yet seems to ask to see what's in it?

Last edited:
yall acting like coaches don't evolve ... while i'm sure he's no brett venerables, he's done a good job of adding to his resume at numerous stops including the pros ... i'm sure his approached has changed ...

that being said, i'd never want him here and based on his history i doubt he'll be able to recruit here

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll say golden was a far better talent evaluator in terms of recruiting than both richt and diaz at Miami for the most part

Remember when Houston hired D’Onofrio and their fans were like “he was really good at Temple! Maybe he learned from his mistakes at Miami!”

Advertisement
Back