Notre Dame Makes “Golden” Hire at DC

Notre dame right now:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Advertisement
The amount of rationalization I am reading from ND fans on social media is astonishing. They are completely whitewashing Golden's stint at Miami. They are actually citing "the cloud" as the reason he wasn't more successful here.
Their godforsaken fans are kinda similar to UiF fans when it comes to delusion and instantly collectively regurgitating sunshine and roses propaganda except they're just located in northeast and midwest and lack the hillbilly/inbred element.

Gotta learn to let go of past OG. Do you also consider Nebraska a actual rival?

Look, I understand that we allow 18 year olds to post, and I'm not knocking you for your age, I'm just pointing out that you don't have a ton of perspective on this.

There are only 11 teams that have played ND more than Miami has played ND. Of those 11 teams, THREE are service academies.

Purdue is an in-state rival (Indiana).

USC/Stanford are up there because ND wants to play a west-coast Pac-12 team every year. Michigan/Michigan State are up there because ND wants to play a Michigan-area Big 10 team as much as possible.

So the only slightly unusual teams that have played ND more than UM has are Northwestern (Chicago area, the closest major metropolitan area to South Bend) and Pitt/Georgia Tech (and both schools will get more ND games in the future due to the ACC deal).

The games played against Miami were nearly annual games, as we were both major independents. The reason that ND dropped us is because we started beating them REGULARLY. We will now play them again with some regularity as a part of the ACC deal.

All of this compared to...Nebraska...a team that Miami played IN BOWL GAMES. You know, because the Big 8 winner was contractually tied to the Orange Bowl, while the other slot was open to...major independents...

Advertisement
Look, I understand that we allow 18 year olds to post, and I'm not knocking you for your age, I'm just pointing out that you don't have a ton of perspective on this.

There are only 11 teams that have played ND more than Miami has played ND. Of those 11 teams, THREE are service academies.

Purdue is an in-state rival (Indiana).

USC/Stanford are up there because ND wants to play a west-coast Pac-12 team every year. Michigan/Michigan State are up there because ND wants to play a Michigan-area Big 10 team as much as possible.

So the only slightly unusual teams that have played ND more than UM has are Northwestern (Chicago area, the closest major metropolitan area to South Bend) and Pitt/Georgia Tech (and both schools will get more ND games in the future due to the ACC deal).

The games played against Miami were nearly annual games, as we were both major independents. The reason that ND dropped us is because we started beating them REGULARLY. We will now play them again with some regularity as a part of the ACC deal.

All of this compared to...Nebraska...a team that Miami played IN BOWL GAMES. You know, because the Big 8 winner was contractually tied to the Orange Bowl, while the other slot was open to...major independents...
Sure man. Like I said I get the history. All the games are on YouTube. I don’t consider them a rival at all in 2022. I also laugh when espn pushes the LAL vs BOS game as rivalry. That’s how I view those Catholic pedophiles. It’s a big time matchup when we play them because of the history. And No offense to the Mary worshipers on here.

We don’t recruit against them
We don’t play them on the regular
Be blessed

Last edited:
Anyone that thinks Miami and ND aren’t major rivals clearly don’t have a good understanding of Miami football.

The Miami vs ND rivalry is huuuuuuuge and both fan bases hate each other. Our rivals our FSU, ND and UF, and most Cane fans know that

Miami didn’t play Florida during the regular season for nearly 20 years - from 1986 to 2003 and they remained a rival. In fact, we’ve only played UF 4 times during the regular season in the last 36 years and one of those game was in a bowl game (5 times if you include the 2000 bowl game)

Last edited:
Sure man. Like I said I get the history. All the games are on YouTube. I don’t consider them a rival at all in 2022. I also laugh when espn pushes the LAL vs BOS game as rivalry. That’s how I view those Catholic pedophiles. It’s a big time matchup when we play them because of the history. And No offense to the Mary worshipers on here.

Be blessed
bruh…this post is asinine. And then you doubled and state the Lakers vs. Celtics isn’t a rivalry??! OMG, What??? Tell that to Laker fans or Celtic fans or anyone that watches a lot of hoop. Now I think you’re just trolling or maybe really young

Lakers vs Celtics is the biggest rivalry in the NBA.It’s a classic rivalry just like Miami vs ND

Last edited:

Be blessed

Again, this is why you lack perspective.

It's not about "today".

It's about the fact that decades after we played them annually, we still HATE EACH OTHER.

THAT is a rivalry.

Maybe someday you will grow to hate another team the way that real men hate their rivals. "Recruiting against them"...what a joke. We recruit against Alabama and UGa and Clemson regularly, and I don't hate them nearly as much as I hate Notre Dame.

Advertisement

It's not about "today".

It's about the fact that decades after we played them annually, we still HATE EACH OTHER.

THAT is a rivalry.

Maybe someday you will grow to hate another team the way that real men hate their rivals. "Recruiting against them"...what a joke. We recruit against Alabama and UGa and Clemson regularly, and I don't hate them nearly as much as I hate Notre Dame.
Lol man I keep making this point. For me I’m talking about TODAY. That’s not “lacking perspective”. I acknowledge the history and what those past matchups meant. The rivalry meant a lot. If You root for them to lose/ hate them from a distance because of that history, cool. Not mad at it. I don’t even think about ND in the off season or during a szn unless we play them. only reason the DC at Norte dame is a topic is because Al Golden took the job.

That said I **** sure ( just like every other canes fan ) keep tabs on FSU and UF no matter if we play them (UF) in a particular year. If UF/FSU makes coaching changes it’s a topic no matter the name here. If UF or FSU has they **** together it can directly effect what we do. If UF or FSU is trash gator and noles tears threads are lit. When ND blew that bowl game we didn’t clown/care nearly as much as UF losing to UCF..why? Because those are our arc rivals and those rivalries are still present. If ND moved to the ACC that changes things but we know that ain’t happening. I put a matchup like Texas vs Arkansas in the same category.

Can't wait to see who sucks worse - Baker at Mizzou, Manny at Pedo State, or Golden with the Domers.
Or, and this is not in defense of any of those clowns, especially in the cases of Pedo State and ND, we will get to see how schools who have actually cared about football the last 15 years can positively or negatively impact an unsuccessful coach.

Advertisement
Eh, not losing sleep over baker. I’m morbidly curious about Miaz and Alf, though.
If Al runs his scheme the way D'Onofrio ran it ... the Domers will be calling us to find out where to rent banner towing planes!! Manolo might do OK the first year with existing roster talent ... and Franklin will get a real surprise when he sees the "recruiting effort" put forth by Manny. Baker? Amazed that he got an actual DC job at a D1 program. All three defenses are potentials for the "500 yard + rushing yards given up awards"/

It's not about "today".

THAT is a rivalry.

You make good points about that game in retrospect. That UM vs ND game used to be lit in the 80a early 90s for sure.

Advertisement
Miami has played Notre Dame more often than Florida in recent seasons and will be playing them again in 2023-2024.

They must have short memories.

They literally put up 41 points and 380 yards rushing against his defense in 2012.

Advertisement
Back