Notre Dame game thoughts

What is the status of the field? It looked a bit torn up for VT. Is it true that it has to be replaced a few times a year?

Shut up

Didn't realize it was such a sensitive subject. I apologize.

Blame your trolls lol. But it's SFL, it rains every other day and then some. It rains, they dry/drain/resod it, it rains again. Come time for kick off field is still wet or sod is not set/dry completely. So if it’s not raining all day field should hold up just fine.

I didn't realize it rained so much down there. I thought we had it bad with rain.

Looking forward to coming down tomorrow. Longest direct non-stop in the lower 48, Seattle to Fort Lauderdale. Went to buy sunglasses yesterday and the clerk looked at me like I was nuts.

Seattle annual rain fall 37.49 inches
Miami annual rain fall 61.9 inches

Advertisement
Ironically I was having virtually this identical conversation with a guy at the gym last night who grew up a lifelong ND fan from an Irish Catholic family in Chicago, but gave up the program when the university covered up for the player/players accused of raping that girl.

These guys better not show up to the parking lots if they know what’s good for them

IMG_6960-1.jpg

Are these real life people or is this photoshopped? lulz

Question for the board: If the Miami D line is loaded with future NFL talent, why have the games (before VT) been so close and in doubt till the end? would seem like you should be blowing teams out.

you realize we have a baseball player at quarter back whom as I understand was recruited by zero division 1 teams?
you realize our 3rd string running back choc belongs at a community college? N/m mark walton has been lost for the season
you realize our offensive line has been a joke the majority of snaps this year that couldn't even get a push on toledo?

I'd like to see the irish take al golden as their coach for 5 years and see what the new coach can do with what's left behind

we don't even have a backup tight end for crying out loud

Question for the board: If the Miami D line is loaded with future NFL talent, why have the games (before VT) been so close and in doubt till the end? would seem like you should be blowing teams out.

do you know the difference between scheme and personnel? lulz

why did you guys get gashed so much by wake forest? lol

Well we got gashed when it was already 42-16, so yeah the D gave up some 4th qtr. scores. ND was always at least 3 scores ahead in the second half. The game was never in doubt.

Advertisement
When the administration did nothing, I just moved on. He made a poor judgement call and put a kid in a scissor lift during high winds and the kid died. Coach and the staff have to live with that demon. Am I less of a person because I refuse to boycott my team?

yes

you realize we have a baseball player at quarter back whom as I understand was recruited by zero division 1 teams?
you realize our 3rd string running back choc belongs at a community college? N/m mark walton has been lost for the season
you realize our offensive line has been a joke the majority of snaps this year that couldn't even get a push on toledo?

I'd like to see the irish take al golden as their coach for 5 years and see what the new coach can do with what's left behind

So you're saying we're def gonna win? What is this garbage post? You're trashing our whole team in order to try to prove a point to a ND fan that's trolling you.

**** these ND fans got you guys so triggered

I did not know any of that! I feel for you. We had the same situation after Both Willingham and Weis, left the team with no depth. I feel your pain

Advertisement
When the administration did nothing, I just moved on. He made a poor judgement call and put a kid in a scissor lift during high winds and the kid died. Coach and the staff have to live with that demon. Am I less of a person because I refuse to boycott my team?

No, just one of poor character who values their "team" more than that young man's life. Do you look at all of life's tragedy's the same way or just the ones that benefit your football team?

You should be careful about what stones you throw. Miami doesn't have the cleanest rap sheet. Your program stands for corruption, fraud, racketeering, pay for play, etc etc because it happened in the past. So you must be of poor moral character because you cheer on your beloved hurricanes.

No, just one of poor character who values their "team" more than that young man's life. Do you look at all of life's tragedy's the same way or just the ones that benefit your football team?

You should be careful about what stones you throw. Miami doesn't have the cleanest rap sheet. Your program stands for corruption, fraud, racketeering, pay for play, etc etc because it happened in the past. So you must be of poor moral character because you cheer on your beloved hurricanes.

And your institution stands for racism, institutional collusion of rape and death along with the overarching religious tie-in's to young boys butt holes.

We can sling **** all day if you want princess.

I have to admit, the turnover chain is pretty cool. Seeing the reaction from the players when one of them gets the chain is really cool.

I hope it stays in its box on Saturday night, but it is undeniably cool.

i'm no columbo but let's have a look...lol

- turning a blind eye to a dangerous situation and someone dies (the video kid)
- rape cases (and cover ups) resulting in a girl committing suicide
- improper benefits and relations with a university embezzler who embezzled over 1M in almost 10 years

vs...

- free boat rides
- free entrance and drinks to a VIP section at a club
- free dinner at benihana
- some bounty money at games for big hits
- pell grants (other sports as well)

do i have that right? lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lou Holtz is typically not thought of as a dirty coach, but has left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

Holtz was also overseeing the Notre Dame Football team when they were caught distributing steroids in the locker room during the late 80’s and early 90’s. The NCAA allowed the Irish to handle the matter internally, but there is no way Holtz was unaware of all that was going on with his program.

Holtz should go down as one of the most successful coaches in the modern era of football, but should not have a blind eye turned to the legacy he left at each school he coached.

The games have been close because Malik Rosier is the most up and down QB you will face. Dude will go from straight garbage to elite/clutch between drives, especially early in the year. This is his first year starting, and while he's definitely had bad games/halfs, he's been very clutch when it counts. However the games have never been in doubt. Maybe to you/others who just look at the box score and team stats on ESPN. But if you actually watch the games, we've been pretty dominant, especially on defense.

1st in TFLS/game, 5th in Sacks/game, 3rd in Takeaways/game, 3rd in Defensive Passing Efficiency, Top15 in Yards allowed per play, Top15 in Scoring Defense.

And people look at the stats from our Run Defense and think we aren't good, but that is just plain stupid. We play an extremely aggressive scheme, and because of that scheme we have the rankings I listed above. But a downside to that scheme is we give up a couple big plays per game. When you stunt and blitz as much as we do it gives the offense a chance to get big yardage if they can get past the 1st level of defenders. Plus we've only allowed 4 rushing Touchdowns all year. So while we've given up some big runs, we haven't exactly given up big touchdowns.

Vs GTech we held them to 220yards rushing, which was basically half their Rushing Yard per game average vs P5 opponents. But even more than that they got 55% of their yards on 6 carries. The other 47 carries they had we held them to 2.12ypc. And after halftime our defense held them to just 3 points and only 96 total yards on 31 total plays (3.09 ypp) HALF of which came on one **** pass play. So after halftime we gave up one 48 yard pass, then held them to 3 points and only 48 yards on 30 plays (1.6 ypp). Thats pretty ******* great defense.

Vs FSU it was the same story, they gained 54% of their rushing yards on 3 ******* plays. The rest of their 40 carries we held them to 2.33ypc.

Vs Syracuse its a similar story, but our game plan going in was 100% to take away their passing game, which we completely did. We knew we'd give up some rushing yards but just didn't care because we held them to 135 passing yards on 42 attempts. As for the running game they got 50% of their rushing yards on 5 plays. The other 46 rushing attempts they had we held them to 2.87ypc.

So this is why I expect Notre Dame to rush for 100 yards on us. I don't think we will hold you guys to 58 yards or whatever it is UGA held yall to. But I expect us to get a lot of good defensive plays vs you, as we have all year. And I'm really looking forward to the matchup of Quenton Nelson vs Rj McIntosh and Mike McGlinchey vs Joe Jackson.

Advertisement
Lou Holtz is typically not thought of as a dirty coach, but has left every program he coached at just before they were hit with NCAA probation. NC State, Minnesota, Arkansas, Notre Dame, and South Carolina were all found to have violated NCAA rules while under the leadership of Holtz.

Holtz was also overseeing the Notre Dame Football team when they were caught distributing steroids in the locker room during the late 80’s and early 90’s. The NCAA allowed the Irish to handle the matter internally, but there is no way Holtz was unaware of all that was going on with his program.

Holtz should go down as one of the most successful coaches in the modern era of football, but should not have a blind eye turned to the legacy he left at each school he coached.

Impossible ND is all that is right with CFB.

The games have been close because Malik Rosier is the most up and down QB you will face. Dude will go from straight garbage to elite/clutch between drives, especially early in the year. This is his first year starting, and while he's definitely had bad games/halfs, he's been very clutch when it counts. However the games have never been in doubt. Maybe to you/others who just look at the box score and team stats on ESPN. But if you actually watch the games, we've been pretty dominant, especially on defense.

1st in TFLS/game, 5th in Sacks/game, 3rd in Takeaways/game, 3rd in Defensive Passing Efficiency, Top15 in Yards allowed per play, Top15 in Scoring Defense.

And people look at the stats from our Run Defense and think we aren't good, but that is just plain stupid. We play an extremely aggressive scheme, and because of that scheme we have the rankings I listed above. But a downside to that scheme is we give up a couple big plays per game. When you stunt and blitz as much as we do it gives the offense a chance to get big yardage if they can get past the 1st level of defenders. Plus we've only allowed 4 rushing Touchdowns all year. So while we've given up some big runs, we haven't exactly given up big touchdowns.

Vs GTech we held them to 220yards rushing, which was basically half their Rushing Yard per game average vs P5 opponents. But even more than that they got 55% of their yards on 6 carries. The other 47 carries they had we held them to 2.12ypc. And after halftime our defense held them to just 3 points and only 96 total yards on 31 total plays (3.09 ypp) HALF of which came on one **** pass play. So after halftime we gave up one 48 yard pass, then held them to 3 points and only 48 yards on 30 plays (1.6 ypp). Thats pretty ****ing great defense.

Vs FSU it was the same story, they gained 54% of their rushing yards on 3 ****ing plays. The rest of their 40 carries we held them to 2.33ypc.

Vs Syracuse its a similar story, but our game plan going in was 100% to take away their passing game, which we completely did. We knew we'd give up some rushing yards but just didn't care because we held them to 135 passing yards on 42 attempts. As for the running game they got 50% of their rushing yards on 5 plays. The other 46 rushing attempts they had we held them to 2.87ypc.

So this is why I expect Notre Dame to rush for 100 yards on us. I don't think we will hold you guys to 58 yards or whatever it is UGA held yall to. But I expect us to get a lot of good defensive plays vs you, as we have all year. And I'm really looking forward to the matchup of Quenton Nelson vs Rj McIntosh and Mike McGlinchey vs Joe Jackson.

Should be fun. If you make a run coverage mistake against Josh Adams, he will take it to the house. Elite speed

Looking at advanced metrics ND is and should be favorites. TOs can be difference maker but all things being equal ND wins this gm Confortably they are the superior team. 38-20

Looking at advanced metrics, Brian Kelly should be in jail and ND should be shut down for murder.

You clearly didn't take law at Miami. It's called manslaughter. I wasn't happy about it either and was calling for his job after the tragic event.

You clearly can't read. I wrote murder because I mean murder.

Are you still calling for his job, or are you now okay with "manslaughter" because he's winning some games?

I don't care about smashing the team for the way play, wins, losses, ect. But this is the crap that ****es me off. You, as most, have no idea the facts of the situations of the rape and that poor kids death. It wasn't murder or manslaughter. It was a terrible accident. And there was zero proof of the rape from a very mentally ill girl. You read one ***n story and think that is the facts. Let me ask you this, if kelly murdered that boy, why did the parents never point at the university or the football team? **** they attended the national championship game to honor their kid! If they really believed it was murder then why would they go? You think the university paid them off to keep quite, you think any amount of money would do? replace their kid? If they are ok with it, then who **** are you to call kelly a murderer?

Impossible ND is all that is right with CFB.

**** yeah ND has broken the rules in the past, so did every other university. So if we aren't going to like universities who made mistakes in the past, i guess we will all cheer for D2 schools? So 0 steroids ever entered a miami locker room? ND is not all thats right, but their hands or no dirtier than anyone else. Rocks, glass house, etc.

Advertisement
Back