Notice of Allegations *update*

View as article
My $0.02: The timing doesn't matter with regards to recruits with respect to the NOA. If the NCAA nails us, the players that signed with Miami will probably be allowed to transfer anyway like Penn St and USC. The players really have nothing to lose...

Yes, the incoming recruits may be allowed to transfer but those teams that the recruit was seriously considering before signing day might not have room on the roster after NSD because of scholarship limitations therefor reducing a potential transfers options. Potentially having to settle for a team that was outside your top 3 to 5 teams before NSD would definitely have to be considered a loss....

Advertisement
If I'm being honest, it's hard to imagine the NCAA nailing us, given self-imposings, seeming shakiness of allegations/evidence and desperate weird moves from NCAA, not to mention growing national distaste for NCAA and questions of its utility...not saying a heavy hammer would cause mutiny in FBS, but nobody's really that happy with NCAA as it is. Nice slap on the wrist and cheers for all "cooperating" looks like the NCAA's happiest path, IMO.
But then again, since it looks like we're on the upswing finally, gut demon saying something bad could happen, too.
Edit: We skate.

So spot on. Logic and, more importantly, politics suggest that the NCAA won't hammer us. But, like my dude sowba, things feel too good for us, so check your guts.

But...also...given that we're supposed to receive our official NOA this week...and a "draft" of the NOA is received by an institution before the official copy...that Brennan Carroll tweet seems...way too...perfectly timed...

If Miami doesn't receive LOIC and only gets FTM then the NCAA's final judgement will be time served. No way they pile on more sanctions with failure to monitor. If that's the case then CFB better watch out because Golden is about to release **** on them...

I know this wont be in the NOA but I'm hoping the sanctions are just limited to schollys but gotta mentally prepare for the worst.

Advertisement
Other than limited schollies, what more can they nail us with? MAYBE (which i doubt) one more bowl ban?

The timing is definitely an issue. NOA almost always reads like a horror story. Kind of like a police report.
there is nothing in the NOA that the school doesnt already know

Not the school, the recruits.
and all of that has been communicated to recruits

Even if it has just seeing the allegations listed all over the media, and then undoubtably blown out of preportion by those recruiting against us, is definitely something that can rattle a recruit this close to NSD...

It won't be given to the media unless UM chooses to reveal it to the media.

Advertisement
If Miami doesn't receive LOIC and only gets FTM then the NCAA's final judgement will be time served. No way they pile on more sanctions with failure to monitor. If that's the case then CFB better watch out because Golden is about to release **** on them...

They'll be taking some scholarships, brother. Ain't no way in **** they spent all that time and money investigating this case to give us no scholarship losses. We should make the argument to the COI that we've already been on probation for 2 years with this drawn out investigating making it impossible for us to conduct normal business.

if i had to guess, there are a few people that have cooperated with the NCAA in exchange for immunity. it appears Marve may be one and i would not be surprised if there are others, perhaps even Hurtt.

i would not also be surprised if they come down real hard on UM, given the nature, scope, and duration of violations and the fact that it involves 2 sports. not sure whether this would be accurate, but would not violations in 2 sports suggest loss of institutional control and failure to monitor?

i'm a bit pessimistic, although i also believe (a) we've self imposed a whole of hurt already which should give us some good credit, (b) shalala is a competent institutional negotiator that could work some magic with the NCAA powers that be, and (c) there seems to be a shift from punishing the institution that no longer houses the violators to punishing the violators when they've moved to other institutions.

Advertisement
if i had to guess, there are a few people that have cooperated with the NCAA in exchange for immunity. it appears Marve may be one and i would not be surprised if there are others, perhaps even Hurtt.

i would not also be surprised if they come down real hard on UM, given the nature, scope, and duration of violations and the fact that it involves 2 sports. not sure whether this would be accurate, but would not violations in 2 sports suggest loss of institutional control and failure to monitor?

i'm a bit pessimistic, although i also believe (a) we've self imposed a whole of hurt already which should give us some good credit, (b) shalala is a competent institutional negotiator that could work some magic with the NCAA powers that be, and (c) there seems to be a shift from punishing the institution that no longer houses the violators to punishing the violators when they've moved to other institutions.

Unless Hurtt has some smoking gun that he was given bags of cash by Shannon to go get guys he should get no immunity. He is a coach. He is one of the big fishes. He is one of the guys they want to make an example of.

They'll be taking some scholarships, brother. Ain't no way in **** they spent all that time and money investigating this case to give us no scholarship losses. We should make the argument to the COI that we've already been on probation for 2 years with this drawn out investigating making it impossible for us to conduct normal business.

Exactly, we've missed out on two Bowl games and the ACC Champ game. No way they can take away another post-season game. Golden has had to fight negative recruiting for two years too.

If we get hit hard I say we take them to court.

Brennan Carroll's timely Tweet basically tells us that we only got failure to monitor. You also have to factor in that even if Shapiro's claims were all true, which they very clearly weren't, we still hadn't committed a supposed major violation in 3 years from the start of the investigation. The program was long clean, and all guilty parties within the coaching and administrative ranks were either no longer at the program or already on their way out the door.

They need to show clause the **** out of Hurtt, Stoutland, and Pannunzio, and then maybe investigate Saban for hiring these guys. If you want to nail a dirty program...

Advertisement
My $0.02: The timing doesn't matter with regards to recruits with respect to the NOA. If the NCAA nails us, the players that signed with Miami will probably be allowed to transfer anyway like Penn St and USC. The players really have nothing to lose...

Yes, the incoming recruits may be allowed to transfer but those teams that the recruit was seriously considering before signing day might not have room on the roster after NSD because of scholarship limitations therefor reducing a potential transfers options. Potentially having to settle for a team that was outside your top 3 to 5 teams before NSD would definitely have to be considered a loss....

Actually the only way incoming freshman would be allowed to transfer would be if we got a 4 year bowl ban. The transfers are based on years of eligibility...if we get 1 then seniors to be can transfer and so on.

Golden said recently that they wouldn't be shocked or surprised at the NOA's contents. That tells me they already received the draft and, given Golden's optimism, we skate.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling its just FTM, not LOIC, which suggests no more bowls and only a limited amount of scholies lost.

No worries, you guys.
skater-giving-high-five-like-a-boss.jpg

Advertisement
Back