NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

8B28DB92-8D46-448E-BC89-68A1861A49A6.jpeg

THIS WAS A POORLY COACHED GAME….👀👀👀 with a 1 point win and 30 points score against the defense….Manny DIAZ 🤨😡…SMH

Advertisement
Do not be deceived. We are the same poorly coached team we have been all year. Contrary to popular belief, we do have talent and the guys are NOT quitters.

Our coordinators still suck and we are still awful fundamentally. Tackling was better tonight, so that’s a plus.

We can’t even lose right. I have known we would win some games we shouldn’t and thought it would happen last week. We are still riding the razors edge of oblivion. It will collapse at some point. As much as I like the young guys, they can’t overcome Manny and Lashlee indefinitely.

There is a movie from the 80’s where this white guy wanted a secret potion that made you immortal and this black voodoo man had it. He gave the white guy enough to live a really long time but he didn’t know it and tried to betray and kill the black guy. He failed and the voodoo man chopped off his arms and legs with an ax and set him on fire. At the end he was a stump laying in a hospital bed shivering covered in bandages. The doctor was distraught saying “Why won’t he just die?” Manny is the stump. The mother ****** is burned and mutilated, but he just won’t die.

PS: If you know the name of that movie, post it for me. It might have been an anthology. Maybe one of the Creepshows.
You sure the white guy wasn't Latino?

If Manny beats FSU he ain't going anywhere... Not to be the good news guy but our roster on defense is young and hungry, Offense I'd set up nice across the board with QBs, RBs and WRs. Tons of young talent there and the more they play, The higher our chances of winning, And the longer Diaz is here. However, He must win out
15-0, bro!

Sadly this isn’t the pros we’re u can keep key guys in your system for 4/5 years of production..u have to reshuffle. Even at the top u see drop off from teams that were a elite unit 1 szn to being average the next because of new personnel. That’s cfb. For majority of his tenure defense has not been the issue(first 4 years).

We saw drop off in secondary play in 2019 after replacing guy. Then a drop off in 2020 in the front 7 after replacing guys. Again that’s cfb. That’s why recruiting is so important. And unless your recruiting at the peak level were u can plug and play(which we have not been and very few are) your going to see a drop until the guys come into their own.

That’s the case with every single program aside from the top who’s been doing it. Now your even seeing it with Clemson, OU, OSU (early) and LSU. That’s the nature of this game. That all said you have still find away to win. It’s a bottomline business

Drop offs happen.

The problem is too many of our veteran players have gotten worse over time. It will happen to the young guys we are congratulating too if we keep Diaz.

I know you are trying to be sensible but the process Diaz implemented is too out of control to salvage. His leadership is poor and his football acumen is suspect. It took 6 terrible games to get one game of decent tackling.

Phillips and Roche were big loses, but we brought back EVERYONE else.

He has done a poor job preparing and training this team and it makes us look much less talented than we are. If he could have developed us to be fundamentally average coming into the season, we would be a one or two loss team. His leadership deficiencies lead to roller coaster preparation and play.

This is what bad head coaching looks like. It’s time to cut our losses and bring in someone who get these young guys to their peak, hopefully salvage some of the vets, and recruit more difference makers.

our offense is only better because of injuries. Manny would still be playing king, cam, and Gaynor.

The line has gotten much better.

Knighton gets much better blocking than Cam did.

TVD is getting much better protection. He hasn’t had his clock ruined the way King did. He protects himself better from big hits running though.

Advertisement
Drop offs happen.

The problem is too many of our veteran players have gotten worse over time. It will happen to the young guys we are congratulating too if we keep Diaz.

I know you are trying to be sensible but the process Diaz implemented is too out of control to salvage. His leadership is poor and his football acumen is suspect. It took 6 terrible games to get one game of decent tackling.

He has done a poor job preparing and training this team and it makes us look much less talented than we are. If he could have developed us to be fundamentally average coming into the season, we would be a one or two loss team. His leadership deficiencies lead to roller coaster preparation and play.

This is what bad head coaching looks like. It’s time to cut our losses and bring in someone who get these young guys to their peak, hopefully salvage some of the vets, and recruit more difference makers.
What made last years D passable was the threat of king..and 2 NFL book ends. I’m always a Jimmy and joes vs X and o. Personnel is the key. Nobody is scheming their way to a great szn. It’s how guys perform. We overrate our talent. Even when it’s CLEAR. Guys missing tackles is a playe issue. Dropped passes a player issue. Missing blocks up front players…and the only way to rectify that is recruiting. So when you see those issues pop up you can replace them with talent who u can put in position to finish those plays..and it’s what we’re starting to see with the youngins.

And don’t confuse this with a defense of manny. Recruiting is on the HC. So unless he wins out (don’t hold your breath) he’ll be gone. No matter the adversity or injuries. It’s a bottomline business. And that bottomline is Ls/Ws..u have to win

But my point reigns true for the next HC. And until the talent is at a level that it fits our fan’s expectations, these discussions will persist

Young guys made some MEs..some Terrible officiating also. The Bubba running into the kicker was terrible. Kid deserves a Emmy..they missed clear holds on a few NC State big plays. 2 for us really gutted it out for us at CB. James Williams..the light is coming on for him. I’m not gunna touch the ST comp. but he’s derwin James 2.0, just bigger. Does not seem as fast but covers ground. kid put together 2 very strong performances after some key mistakes in the UVA game. Kam embodies Quan imo. Puts himself in great position. Will only get better.

Avantae will see similar growth. Had really bad blown coverage on that TD b4 the half. He has to honor the #2 WR towards the field. It seemed his eyes were on the boundary as he was in single high. 28 Clarke is Not a **** name but that kid has stepped up here. The breakup he made in 86 early was big time. 86 is the most physical WR we’ve seen up to now and was a very good RZ target. Will get a look on Sunday. We shut him down and made nc find passing production somewhere else. Dunson is what he is. He struggled but shows willingness to be physical. He’s has no choice but to play

Big s/o to the Dline and Linebackers. They played their best game this szn. Still have to finish on some of these sacks and squandered a couple TFL opps. But overall played very solid.

NC state dropped some key passes..**** we’ve suffered through. But u see the double standard lol. The Defense played very physical. Tackled well in the open field. Those two backs will play on Sunday. Offense came out firing…our fans have very little football IQ. 3rd n 17 inside our own 10 we call a run play..and the booing ensues…the booing on some of those play calls proves why we are in the running for the worse fanbase..philly holds that crown but Miami is coming

As for the OP, a lot has changed. This team lost its QB and it’s backup (for what that’s worth) lost 2 backs who are needed. Lost it’s starting Center and sat what u want about gaynor but that matters a lot. Along with other injuries…and this team is fighting. See fans like OP is why I’m giving CIS a heavy break no matter what happens lol. It’s comical to see post like this after win..a sad comedy tho..this not the canes team performance wise we expected coming into the szn. But a win like this is a confidence boost that can make a difference..best part is we get another very solid opponent in pitt next who will be ranked. So there’s a chance for them to put together back 2 back ranked wins..that’s huge for these guys mental and can create some momentum in their development. And good to 85 make some key plays

To close this biblical post out S/O to manny and these coaches and the leaders on this team..manny has 1 pathway to another szn..and that’s win out including a bowl game win. Outside shot at ACC championship..I’m not holding my breath. I just hope these kids and coaches stick together and finish strong..even if this staff is canned it’s still important to see this team win games..I’ll see CIS in a week or so lol
Agree with most of what you said… I don’t think the boos were only for that 3rd down play call though I think it was for the totality of how bad that drive went in a crucial situation.

What made last years D passable was the threat of king..and 2 NFL book ends. I’m always a Jimmy and joes vs X and o. Personnel is the key. Nobody is scheming their way to a great szn. It’s how guys perform. We overrate our talent. Even when it’s CLEAR. Guys missing tackles is a playe issue. Dropped passes a player issue. Missing blocks up front players…and the only way to rectify that is recruiting. So when you see those issues pop up you can replace them with talent who u can put in position to finish those plays..and it’s what we’re starting to see with the youngins.

And don’t confuse this with a defense of manny. Recruiting is on the HC. So unless he wins out (don’t hold your breath) he’ll be gone. No matter the adversity or injuries. It’s a bottomline business. And that bottomline is Ls/Ws..u have to win

But my point reigns true for the next HC. And until the talent is at a level that it fits our fan’s expectations, these discussions will persist

I don’t agree.

A group of guys can and will have VASTLY different levels of performance based on who is leading and training them. This is true even when the two leaders are teaching the EXACT same information.

We saw this play out when Diaz replaced DNo. Diaz turned a record breaking bad defense to respectable in one season with guys the fan base constantly claimed had terrible talent. We found out there was a lot more talent on that defense than most people thought. The same thing is happening now.

Tackling, blocking, catching are ABSOLUTELY coaching issues. Bad fundamentals always come back to the coach after the first year. When your process and leadership are poor, your subordinates will display poor fundamental skills regardless of the inherent talent level they came in with.

You are underrating coaching. We are not missing on all of our recruits. We just are not properly preparing them for the obstacles they will face when a difficult to play game goes 100% live. The longer they are here, the worse most of them have gotten.

You sure the white guy wasn't Latino?

There are no white Latinos?

He could have been it was a long time ago.

I included the race so that anyone else who say it might remember it and tell me what it was. A poster said it was Yabba Dabba Voodoo but there is not an episode with that name, only a comic book.

Advertisement
Sadly this isn’t the pros we’re u can keep key guys in your system for 4/5 years of production..u have to reshuffle. Even at the top u see drop off from teams that were a elite unit 1 szn to being average the next because of new personnel. That’s cfb. For majority of his tenure defense has not been the issue(first 4 years).

We saw drop off in secondary play in 2019 after replacing guy. Then a drop off in 2020 in the front 7 after replacing guys. Again that’s cfb. That’s why recruiting is so important. And unless your recruiting at the peak level were u can plug and play(which we have not been and very few are) your going to see a drop until the guys come into their own.

That’s the case with every single program aside from the top who’s been doing it. Now your even seeing it with Clemson, OU, OSU (early) and LSU. That’s the nature of this game. That all said you have still find away to win. It’s a bottomline business
This is BS.

Anyone who knows football that thus defense has some serious fundamentals flaws, that are directly related to coaching.
Examples are pre snap alignment and assignment duty.
Issues related to coaching are the lack or tackle and poor leverage on all plays and the main scheme is Mickey mouse.

Sure you can say recruiting, but it ain't like we were killing people in those good years either, when we played a fundamentally sound team, like Wisconsin, the seams were noticable.
It's just becoming more noticeable now cause the gig is up and was up years ago and he hasnt adjusted.

If he catches those passes our offense still has over 2 minutes to score instead of bleeding the clock. Just like Blake James playing the "what if" game to flip losses, why do we constantly try to point out **** to flip wins? Cuz there's a ton of crucial noncalls or calls that the officials let NCST get away with. A few on 3rd down and 2 on Touchdowns. Like the obvious hold on Frierson that stopped him from making an easy open field tackle or force out
If he catches that pass I don’t think we get the ball back snd if we do we’d have no timeouts. NCST would’ve bled clock for the 33-31 chance

Drop offs happen.

100 percent accurate. This is what bad coaching and bad leadership is. And like lot of our players, Mannny isnt developing. He has not shown any growth in my opinion.

Advertisement
This is BS.

Anyone who knows football that thus defense has some serious fundamentals flaws, that are directly related to coaching.
Issues related to coaching are the lack or tackle and poor leverage on all plays and the main scheme is Mickey mouse.

Sure you can say recruiting, but it ain't like we were killing people in those good years either, when we played a fundamentally sound team, like Wisconsin, the seams were noticable.
It's just becoming more noticeable now cause the gig is up and was up years ago and he hasnt adjusted.
Does any other team run this scheme? I dont know X and O's like some of the people on this board but it seems to me that its boom or bust and guys tend to be out of place a lot.

This is BS.

You have film breakdown and the assignments? If not we can’t really assume ****..was the main scheme Mickey Mouse when it was working? The production says nope…and I thought the 3/4 defense is something Miami fans don’t want?. That’s Wisconsin. And the way they operate on both sides is very different. Especially on Defense..and what I said still holds true because once those kids graduate and leave they will have to be replaced

Advertisement
There are no white Latinos?

He could have been it was a long time ago.

I included the race so that anyone else who say it might remember it and tell me what it was. A poster said it was Yabba Dabba Voodoo but there is not an episode with that name, only a comic book.
Lmao

Do not be deceived. We are the same poorly coached team we have been all year. Contrary to popular belief, we do have talent and the guys are NOT quitters.

Our coordinators still suck and we are still awful fundamentally. Tackling was better tonight, so that’s a plus.

We can’t even lose right. I have known we would win some games we shouldn’t and thought it would happen last week. We are still riding the razors edge of oblivion. It will collapse at some point. As much as I like the young guys, they can’t overcome Manny and Lashlee indefinitely.

There is a movie from the 80’s where this white guy wanted a secret potion that made you immortal and this black voodoo man had it. He gave the white guy enough to live a really long time but he didn’t know it and tried to betray and kill the black guy. He failed and the voodoo man chopped off his arms and legs with an ax and set him on fire. At the end he was a stump laying in a hospital bed shivering covered in bandages. The doctor was distraught saying “Why won’t he just die?” Manny is the stump. The mother ****** is burned and mutilated, but he just won’t die.

PS: If you know the name of that movie, post it for me. It might have been an anthology. Maybe one of the Creepshows.

Preach.

This is the same team that choked against Virginia and North Carolina—they just got bailed out last night when North Carolina State had some HUGE drops, as well as an overturned fumble recovery because dude lost his helmet.

Eked out a one-point win, but coaches still almost gave it away with conservative play calling late. Lucky to steal one and ready to get humbled next week at Pitt, as Diaz's kids will get all big-headed this week after the win.

You have film breakdown and the assignments? If not we can’t really assume ****..was the main scheme Mickey Mouse when it was working? The production says nope…and I thought the 3/4 defense is something Miami fans don’t want?. That’s Wisconsin. And the way they operate on both sides is very different. Especially on Defense..and what I said still holds true because once those kids graduate and leave they will have to be replaced
I can do a film breakdown, but I have a life outside of this board. This game ain't that hard. I never said I want a 3/4 or anything, its rare team run a true 30/odd front (that's what its really called). I'm talking about the DL technique positions ( 0 to 9 techniques) base don the offensive personelle and formation. The film or chop ups that @Lance Roffers does talks all about the back end(i.e., LBs and DBs) but doesn't touch much regarding the front, which is fine, but I'm sure he could but he could spend a day one play alone. Put it this way, if there a TE and you see our DE playing inside shade on that TE, were effed, unless their playing spill technique, but typically in our defense that LB is playing a 40 position, and doesn't allow him to have contain in a spill technique vs that formation.
We we're running mickey mouse stuff before too, but the ACC is junk and we had better talent then, then now. Al Golden wasn't too great on offense, but that guy produced a tonne of drafted and production in the NFL. Once his cabinet left, at least on defense, see ya later (i.e., 3 years).
I know what I'm talking about, and the proof is in the pudding regarding their statistics. Also, at no point did I say anything about the wisconsin offense. They're run game ripped apart our run defense, and that was year one, guess what's happening in year 5? every team with a pulse regarding a run game rips us apart.

Done defending myself, clearly I'm talking to someone who hasn't played or coached, even at a low level. If you don't see the flaws you're out of touch in the realm of football. Stay a fan, and continue to be but don't be talking at a table with the big boys of football.

Advertisement
Back