NOTHING HAS CHANGED!

Advertisement
Young guys made some MEs..some Terrible officiating also. The Bubba running into the kicker was terrible. Kid deserves a Emmy..they missed clear holds on a few NC State big plays. 2 for us really gutted it out for us at CB. James Williams..the light is coming on for him. I’m not gunna touch the ST comp. but he’s derwin James 2.0, just bigger. Does not seem as fast but covers ground. kid put together 2 very strong performances after some key mistakes in the UVA game. Kam embodies Quan imo. Puts himself in great position. Will only get better.

Avantae will see similar growth. Had really bad blown coverage on that TD b4 the half. He has to honor the #2 WR towards the field. It seemed his eyes were on the boundary as he was in single high. 28 Clarke is Not a **** name but that kid has stepped up here. The breakup he made in 86 early was big time. 86 is the most physical WR we’ve seen up to now and was a very good RZ target. Will get a look on Sunday. We shut him down and made nc find passing production somewhere else. Dunson is what he is. He struggled but shows willingness to be physical. He’s has no choice but to play

Big s/o to the Dline and Linebackers. They played their best game this szn. Still have to finish on some of these sacks and squandered a couple TFL opps. But overall played very solid.

NC state dropped some key passes..**** we’ve suffered through. But u see the double standard lol. The Defense played very physical. Tackled well in the open field. Those two backs will play on Sunday. Offense came out firing…our fans have very little football IQ. 3rd n 17 inside our own 10 we call a run play..and the booing ensues…the booing on some of those play calls proves why we are in the running for the worse fanbase..philly holds that crown but Miami is coming

As for the OP, a lot has changed. This team lost its QB and it’s backup (for what that’s worth) lost 2 backs who are needed. Lost it’s starting Center and sat what u want about gaynor but that matters a lot. Along with other injuries…and this team is fighting. See fans like OP is why I’m giving CIS a heavy break no matter what happens lol. It’s comical to see post like this after win..a sad comedy tho..this not the canes team performance wise we expected coming into the szn. But a win like this is a confidence boost that can make a difference..best part is we get another very solid opponent in pitt next who will be ranked. So there’s a chance for them to put together back 2 back ranked wins..that’s huge for these guys mental and can create some momentum in their development. And good to 85 make some key plays

To close this biblical post out S/O to manny and these coaches and the leaders on this team..manny has 1 pathway to another szn..and that’s win out including a bowl game win. Outside shot at ACC championship..I’m not holding my breath. I just hope these kids and coaches stick together and finish strong..even if this staff is canned it’s still important to see this team win games..I’ll see CIS in a week or so lol

Do not be deceived. We are the same poorly coached team we have been all year. Contrary to popular belief, we do have talent and the guys are NOT quitters.

Our coordinators still suck and we are still awful fundamentally. Tackling was better tonight, so that’s a plus.

We can’t even lose right. I have known we would win some games we shouldn’t and thought it would happen last week. We are still riding the razors edge of oblivion. It will collapse at some point. As much as I like the young guys, they can’t overcome Manny and Lashlee indefinitely.

There is a movie from the 80’s where this white guy wanted a secret potion that made you immortal and this black voodoo man had it. He gave the white guy enough to live a really long time but he didn’t know it and tried to betray and kill the black guy. He failed and the voodoo man chopped off his arms and legs with an ax and set him on fire. At the end he was a stump laying in a hospital bed shivering covered in bandages. The doctor was distraught saying “Why won’t he just die?” Manny is the stump. The mother ****** is burned and mutilated, but he just won’t die.

PS: If you know the name of that movie, post it for me. It might have been an anthology. Maybe one of the Creepshows.
I don’t anyone realistically thinks anything has changed for this staff. They are done either at the end of the season or after an embarrassing loss (Pitt could be it).
Things have changed from a personnel standpoint. TVD at QB makes UM a much more effective passing teams and Knighton is a TD waiting to happen.
Williams and Kinchens have really improvised the back end
But don’t worry about ‘we won a game so we are stuck with Diaz’. At best, at best, UM will finish 7-5 and 5-7 is at least as Likely. Diaz is done but UM has young talent for the next guy and that is good to see.

While true, you also know that any one morsel of hope or positivity is all the BOT and athletics department needs to keep the status quo.
And if they do, I am completely done w the program. For the first time in my life I can see myself walking away and not looking back. It’s an empowering feeling to know that Blake James or a BOT doesn’t hold me hostage anymore. I’m sure I’m not alone.. a lot of us here probably feel the same.

Do not be deceived. We are the same poorly coached team we have been all year. Contrary to popular belief, we do have talent and the guys are NOT quitters.

Our coordinators still suck and we are still awful fundamentally. Tackling was better tonight, so that’s a plus.

We can’t even lose right. I have known we would win some games we shouldn’t and thought it would happen last week. We are still riding the razors edge of oblivion. It will collapse at some point. As much as I like the young guys, they can’t overcome Manny and Lashlee indefinitely.

There is a movie from the 80’s where this white guy wanted a secret potion that made you immortal and this black voodoo man had it. He gave the white guy enough to live a really long time but he didn’t know it and tried to betray and kill the black guy. He failed and the voodoo man chopped off his arms and legs with an ax and set him on fire. At the end he was a stump laying in a hospital bed shivering covered in bandages. The doctor was distraught saying “Why won’t he just die?” Manny is the stump. The mother ****** is burned and mutilated, but he just won’t die.

PS: If you know the name of that movie, post it for me. It might have been an anthology. Maybe one of the Creepshows.
That was an episode from Tales from the Crypt. Yabba Dabba Voodoo

Advertisement
Manny gets to 6 wins he ain’t going anywhere.
So pathetic in too many ways.

First off that we're fighting and clawing for 6 wins.
Second off that anybody associated with the University of Miami football program could find ANYTHING positive about 6 wins this year.

They lost this game more than we won it. Another game where if a WR makes a catch we are 2-5. We won in spite of Manny
I know this might get misinterpreted, but:
It's true that State had some bad drops which arguably cost them the win. However, if we're going to go there, then people will argue that we're a few bad drops away from being 5-2. (Also from winning the bowl game against OSU.)
My point is that if we start adjusting for things like that, then we have to do it across the board, which can go on forever. Let's just take the W.
That said ... fire Blake and Manny ASAP.

I saw one big difference last night. We tackled. But the secondary was porous AF. I suspect Pitt will feast.

Manny gets to 6 wins he ain’t going anywhere.
If Manny beats FSU he ain't going anywhere... Not to be the good news guy but our roster on defense is young and hungry, Offense I'd set up nice across the board with QBs, RBs and WRs. Tons of young talent there and the more they play, The higher our chances of winning, And the longer Diaz is here. However, He must win out

Advertisement

Resilience is a virtue as is patience. 5 years from after Manny has led us to multiple top 10 finishes and a couple of chips, we can revisit these posts.

Resilience is a virtue as is patience. 5 years from after Manny has led us to multiple top 10 finishes and a couple of chips, we can revisit these posts.

Patience?

So six years wasn’t enough time too build a fundamentally sound defense? How long does it take? 10? 15?

Manny doesn’t have it. The kids are playing hard in spite of his incompetence. He can be serviceable as long as he has adult supervision, but his track record says the longer his defense is in a place, it eventually gets exposed.

If he was an alpha leader, I would consider patience. If he was an elite recruiter, I would consider patience. If he was an x’s and o’s savant, I would consider patience. He is NONE of those things. There is ZERO upside to letting this thing fester. It is past time to end the Diaz experiment.

Advertisement
Cuzz what uncle stick had u watching 🤣🤣🤣

Man he worked too much too keep me his foot completely on my neck.

I saw that when I was older though. One of the rawest movie scenes I ever witnessed. You don’t forget that kind of **** when you see it lol.

I still remember when you gave me the full synopsis of Leviathan. I can still see you doing your Peter Weller imporsonation when he blew up the creature.

GOODBYE MOTHER F**KERRRR!

****. That scene fits this situation too.

Advertisement
They lost this game more than we won it. Another game where if a WR makes a catch we are 2-5. We won in spite of Manny
Yea that drop by their WR on third down was what in the end killed them. Same dude that dropped an earlier crossing route. Look we won at home by 1 to an ok team and I’m not sure Manny is capable of coaching a better game. This is his peak, a 1 pt win at home that is nervy till the end. He’ll still probably lose to Pitt and find one more loss between FSU, duke, or gtech….not to even mention VTech will be tough as usual

I mean this is the same staff who called a timeout pre clocking of the ball to “get the personnel right” giving them a TD..

Also the staph who called the same man 1 call with a random safety in man every 3rd down where NCST ran run routes out of a stack with a WIDE OPEN guy every time who couldn’t catch. We actively try to lose as a staph the kids just are pretty good players
We can’t run man or zone so there you go.

If we ran man 1 on 1st and 2nd and got more physical it could help disrupt the timing of the passing game even if it leads to a few big games.

I don’t like running man on 3rd down too much unless your corners are really hot. We still can’t match patterns so there is almost always someone wide open.

We need an overhaul, stat.

Patience?

So six years wasn’t enough time too build a fundamentally sound defense? How long does it take? 10? 15?

Manny doesn’t have it. The kids are playing hard in spite of his incompetence. He can be serviceable as long as he has adult supervision, but his track record says the longer his defense is in a place, it eventually gets exposed.

If he was an alpha leader, I would consider patience. If he was an elite recruiter, I would consider patience. If he was an x’s and o’s savant, I would consider patience. He is NONE of those things. There is ZERO upside to letting this thing fester. It is past time to end the Diaz experiment.
Sadly this isn’t the pros we’re u can keep key guys in your system for 4/5 years of production..u have to reshuffle. Even at the top u see drop off from teams that were a elite unit 1 szn to being average the next because of new personnel. That’s cfb. For majority of his tenure defense has not been the issue(first 4 years).

We saw drop off in secondary play in 2019 after replacing guy. Then a drop off in 2020 in the front 7 after replacing guys. Again that’s cfb. That’s why recruiting is so important. And unless your recruiting at the peak level were u can plug and play(which we have not been and very few are) your going to see a drop until the guys come into their own.

That’s the case with every single program aside from the top who’s been doing it. Now your even seeing it with Clemson, OU, OSU (early) and LSU. That’s the nature of this game. That all said you have still find away to win. It’s a bottomline business

Advertisement
Back