Nothing going to happen....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badbart43

Sophomore
Sadly, as we all check this board 100 times a day and google Manny Diaz fired the same amount of times, he is still the head coach. Now another big time job has come open and those other 2 jobs are going to be higher in the pecking order. The longer the Admin waits the fire Diaz, the more difficult it is going to be to find the next coach. And sadly, there is not one among us who does not know this or can do anything about it. He ain't getting canned before the end of the season, it ain't gonna happen.

Advertisement
Sadly, as we all check this board 100 times a day and google Manny Diaz fired the same amount of times, he is still the head coach. Now another big time job has come open and those other 2 jobs are going to be higher in the pecking order. The longer the Admin waits the fire Diaz, the more difficult it is going to be to find the next coach. And sadly, there is not one among us who does not know this or can do anything about it. He ain't getting canned before the end of the season, it ain't gonna happen.
Ok chief

There’s 6 other threads you could of post this in.

Advertisement
Weeks later:

Badpart43 says “hey, i know i said he would not be fired before the end of the season, but i did not think Manny could lose our next two games by a combined score of 90-17, come on cut me some slack”

I don’t have sources or anything, common sense just says it a wrap and we have to live this embarrassment until the season is over.

Manny might get fired before the end of the season and he might not but you're really not reading between the lines, or even reading this board. There are much bigger things afoot in the restructuring of the entire athletic department. When Manny gets canned is actually kind of small potatoes in the bigger picture right now.

What's the hurry here?

1. Manny will be fired at end of year. No secret within program.
2. School through back channels are in contact with every agent who represents a viable candidate.
3. LSU just made public what everyone knew. UM has just not decided to publicize.

Prediction: Mario named head coach after bowls. Dorsey named OC. Manny named head coach at FIU (where he belongs).

Advertisement
Weeks later:

Badpart43 says “hey, i know i said he would not be fired before the end of the season, but i did not think Manny could lose our next two games by a combined score of 90-17, come on cut me some slack”
The old “recruiting is fluid” tactic

But on the real if anyone says this now it’s a win-win

If he doesn’t get fired someone gets to say “I told you so”

If he does get fired, everyone will be so happy and preoccupied, no one will care about stuff like this

Weeks later:

I wish he had been fired after the Virginia loss and if he goes sooner great!

What's the hurry here?

1. Manny will be fired at end of year. No secret within program.
2. School through back channels are in contact with every agent who represents a viable candidate.
3. LSU just made public what everyone knew. UM has just not decided to publicize.

Prediction: Mario named head coach after bowls. Dorsey named OC. Manny named head coach at FIU (where he belongs).

Pretty spot on... He is gone and with LSU and USC jobs open and Mario having a good season there is no reason to jump now.

Except Manny will become Linebackers coach at FSU.

Advertisement

All due respect, schools like LSU are going for a different caliber of coach than Miami will chase down. This is a different job that will land a different kind of coach—one who knows what Miami (the school and city) are all about—opposed to the kind of guy who wants the pageantry of college football and that small town / big fish kind of experience.

That, and there was no way Miami was firing Diaz after two heartbreak losses by a combined five points, even if he deserves to go.

Fear not, North Carolina State and Pitt will each beat Miami by combined double digits and Diaz will be gone by Halloween, when he drops to 2-6 and 2-8 dating back to Duke last December.

Manny might get fired before the end of the season and he might not but you're really not reading between the lines, or even reading this board. There are much bigger things afoot in the restructuring of the entire athletic department. When Manny gets canned is actually kind of small potatoes in the bigger picture right now.
"There are much bigger things afoot in the restructuring of the entire athletic department"

I agree that it is a bigger thing. Having said that ...I'm worried about who is doing the "restructuring".
We seem to have some sh1tty architects in the administration.

Advertisement
"There are much bigger things afoot in the restructuring of the entire athletic department"

I agree that it is a bigger thing. Having said that ...I'm worried about who is doing the "restructuring".
Yeah there's no guarantee they're going to do it right, but it seems pretty **** obvious changes are coming.

Pretty spot on... He is gone and with LSU and USC jobs open and Mario having a good season there is no reason to jump now.

Except Manny will become Linebackers coach at FSU.

All due respect, schools like LSU are going for a different caliber of coach than Miami will chase down. This is a different job that will land a different kind of coach—one who knows what Miami (the school and city) are all about—opposed to the kind of guy who wants the pageantry of college football and that small town / big fish kind of experience.

That, and there was no way Miami was firing Diaz after two heartbreak losses by a combined five points, even if he deserves to go.

Fear not, North Carolina State and Pitt will each beat Miami by combined double digits and Diaz will be gone by Halloween, when he drops to 2-6 and 2-8 dating back to Duke last December.
I certainly hope so

I don't live there so I don't know what the feel is around town. I know that here in Gamecock country, there are always whispers about what is coming down the pike....is it the same there? I don't know.

I don't live there so I don't know what the feel is around town. I know that here in Gamecock country, there are always whispers about what is coming down the pike....is it the same there? I don't know.
There are people that post here that really do know what's going on and they basically say change is coming...just how much change remains to be seen. I'm not one of them I have zero sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back