Notes On Yulkeith Brown's Offer

Being the HC of several HS kids and even coaching them in Optimist ball and having relationships with them and their families for many years “doesn’t matter?” LOL. If you’re going to be that disingenuous then we can’t even have a meaningful discussion.
He was a hs coach he wasn't their father. He cant make them dudes come here when they don't want to. Yall hyped banda up to be this great recruiter and he has missed on basically every big time target at safety and consistently gets a pass. Rumph aint the first hs coach that was hired here and it really didnt help with recruits.

Advertisement
Why does the staff continue to shoot themselves in the foot by offering kids not at their current position?

This has been going on for a long time here through multiple coaches.

Banda, just get the ******* kid on campus and figure out the rest later.

These dumb ***** did the same with 82s brother and a host of other recruits. Kids are instantly turned off.

Only watched the first min of his highlights and wow:oops:.. and hes only a sophomore??

To me, he looks like he should have the ball in his hands! Slot, RB, KR/PR I dont care. Hes going to get offered by other schools to play whatever position he wants so why not just offer him at RB?

Advertisement
Bullcrap my brother. We had one 10 win season and finished top 10 in the recruiting rankings. Same happened to the Gators last season. Momentum plays a huge part in recruiting. Winning creates that momentum. One good season will get the ball rolling.

Top ten is a good ways away from top 5 and the players described in the op make top 5 classes when they stay home.

Yulkeith is cut from elite cloth, his pops & uncles were Liberty City legends at MNW back in the day.

This kid is an electric dynamic playmaker with great speed, he's an offensive weapon, you can put him at the slot, RB or outside WR just get the ball in his hands.

He can be a Homerun hitting big play RB on the next level, he rushed for 1,430yds with 17TD's. He's not as physically big but he's got CJ2K type ability.

It would be an absolutely retarded eval if they're offering him with the intentions of putting him on Defense, he is not a DB, I repeat he is NOT a DB. Let Coach Hickson & Coach Field lead this recruitment. Also since he's at Gully Prep Baez needs to lean on his connections over there & put pressure on those coaches to ensure we keep this kid in the fold.

There's no **** reason a kid this naturally gifted & talented should be leaving home to go to FSU, LSU or some other SEC school, we gotta put a stop to that sh*t.
Well said ...

Advertisement
Yulkeith is cut from elite cloth, his pops & uncles were Liberty City legends at MNW back in the day.

This kid is an electric dynamic playmaker with great speed, he's an offensive weapon, you can put him at the slot, RB or outside WR just get the ball in his hands.

He can be a Homerun hitting big play RB on the next level, he rushed for 1,430yds with 17TD's. He's not as physically big but he's got CJ2K type ability.

It would be an absolutely retarded eval if they're offering him with the intentions of putting him on Defense, he is not a DB, I repeat he is NOT a DB. Let Coach Hickson & Coach Field lead this recruitment. Also since he's at Gully Prep Baez needs to lean on his connections over there & put pressure on those coaches to ensure we keep this kid in the fold.

There's no **** reason a kid this naturally gifted & talented should be leaving home to go to FSU, LSU or some other SEC school, we gotta put a stop to that sh*t.

Well there IS a reason, Manny hasn't quite figured out the recruiting game. It was never his strong suit, and he's falling into the trap of thinking that Banda will be able to convince the kid to give up on wanting to play offense.

Its pretty simple- he wants to play RB, sign him as a RB. Then let him get reps at RB. If he's good enough, he'll earn his spot and you can convince someone else to move. If he isn't good enough then let him alternate reps with the starting RB, he'll get dropped over and over again in the backfield, while he also watches the other, better, RBs make plays. After about two dozen times getting starched, he'll reach the conclusion on his own that he's better suited at another position.

Last edited:
My son plays with Yul at Gulliver. I’ve been around Football as a youth commissioner and a parent. To me he’s the most electrifying kid in South Florida, he’s also a great kid and student. The recruiting buzz around Gulliver has been crazy this spring. We’ve had every major power 5 all the way to the Ivy League visit in the past 3 weeks. We even had Brent Venables visit to see our TE. Our spring game is going to be loaded with college coaches.

Gulliver is very talented this year and we have some big time recruits coming in.

5DE79865-E7D3-4289-B203-49A7D95A0761.jpeg

Last edited:
He was a hs coach he wasn't their father. He cant make them dudes come here when they don't want to. Yall hyped banda up to be this great recruiter and he has missed on basically every big time target at safety and consistently gets a pass. Rumph aint the first hs coach that was hired here and it really didnt help with recruits.

How much grad transfers have we had at safety?

I think the reason why Banda gave out the offer is because he's the area recruiter. He probably makes the initial contact then the positional coach takes over the player's recruitment. I've noticed Banda's name keeps popping up a lot lately in recruiting articles featuring Dade county kids.

Advertisement
Why does the staff continue to shoot themselves in the foot by offering kids not at their current position?

This has been going on for a long time here through multiple coaches.

Banda, just get the ******* kid on campus and figure out the rest later.

These dumb ***** did the same with 82s brother and a host of other recruits. Kids are instantly turned off.

I remember a guy named Jim Kelly who was **** bent on playing QB. Wanted to go to Penn St and they told him he'd make a great linebacker.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back