Notes On Yulkeith Brown's Offer

I agree with u there. Too many people have been calling for Rumphs job. Imo he is the best overall position coach on the defensive side.
I'm a Rumph guy. He's a proven developer. The crazy part is the same can be said about Banda. Banda now has coached 4 players into the NFL. Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, JJ, and Redwine are all products of Banda's coaching. Pretty solid job.

Advertisement
I'm a Rumph guy. He's a proven developer. The crazy part is the same can be said about Banda. Banda now has coached 4 players into the NFL. Jamal Carter, Rayshawn Jenkins, JJ, and Redwine are all products of Banda's coaching. Pretty solid job.

If you ask some people, most of the credit for these guys should go to Rumph..

But Banda coaches the safeties though. Not saying you're wrong but it just doesn't make sense to discredit the person who coaches them most.

I don't know for my self, that's why I said "if you ask some people". But my general response to this, is that just because he's coaching them the most, doesn't mean he's teaching them the most. It also isn't a reach of a claim, considering that all DB's usually end up doing the same, or very similar drills regardless of if they're at Boundary, Nickel, SS, FS, or whatever. Also, with no disrespect to Banda, Rumph has been coaching a lot longer in addition to playing pretty much all DB positions between College/NFL. Despite all that I've said though, no 1 person is responsible for the development of these guys. The only real way to tell how good a single position coach is, monitor them their performance after changes in the staff (or how they do if they get hired elsewhere.)

Advertisement
Banda is a problem and have been skating by. Go look at how many recruiting battles Banda have won v. loss. It’s quite alarming. Ppl will say well he got Gurvan, and I call bull chit on that. Manny was just as involved w Gurvan as Banda. ****, even Rumph and Richt got involved w Hall. That was a joint effort, especially w Manny. I’ll give Banda Amari and that’s it.
All of our coaches have lost more recruiting battles than they have won guy.

Not a fan of Banda recruiting, he has too much free reign being Manny’s boy. He is more of the problem. Rumph just wants the kids to love the U like he does, unconditionally!

Losing to BC, Duke, UVA, and GT last year was definitely Banda’s fault because he didn’t recruit enough good athletes. He should be fired and someone should be brought in who can bring the talent up a level to where Miami can compete with such juggernaut programs loaded with elite athletes.

Advertisement
Guys like Brown have shown on film you do not try to push them into your mold, take them for what they want to play and the film shows that he is best at that offensive side.

Agree, at least by the film I have seen, view Y Brown on offense. And Da## good!

Smart at Uga keeps hauling in 5 stars because he places recruiting or salesmen ability equal to or over coaching ability. It's easier to coach up most who have 5 star ability than 3 star. In virtually ever sport this is true. He fires coaches who miss much on recruits. That is why they are at the top. Evidentially Manny does not understand because he definitely is a poor recruiter himself. Richts success at Uga was primarily because he had some superior recruiters...I don't think he really ever understood that, though. It's only an excuse for the U to lose S fl talent.

Advertisement
Smart at Uga keeps hauling in 5 stars because he places recruiting or salesmen ability equal to or over coaching ability. It's easier to coach up most who have 5 star ability than 3 star. In virtually ever sport this is true. He fires coaches who miss much on recruits. That is why they are at the top. Evidentially Manny does not understand because he definitely is a poor recruiter himself. Richts success at Uga was primarily because he had some superior recruiters...I don't think he really ever understood that, though. It's only an excuse for the U to lose S fl talent.
Yeah salesmanship. How could I forget.
Amazing in all of cfb only a few schools manage to hire them. Must be some kind of secret headhunter firm where they get them or train them.

LOL at the latest CIS agenda—make sure you kill Banda in every thread because fans rightfully criticized Rumph for missing on almost every Plan A we had him recruit.
So has banda and he is just now starting to get criticized for it.

Advertisement
You guys always make a thread bashing a coach. Banda ain’t going anywhere unless he all of a sudden forgets how to coach the secondary. He’s not gonna get fired because he can’t recruit. If that was the case Diaz would have kept Hartley. So leave it alone..Banda is here to stay.

So has banda and he is just now starting to get criticized for it.
Was Banda the HC at a local HS (a school that we failed miserably to recruit) for several years before joining the staff? Other than that, it’s the same exact circumstances.

Just keep it real all the way. There’s an obvious reason Rumph has so many vocal apologists.

That’s all I’m saying. So let me be clear; I don’t hate Banda; but majority, including myself, gave Rumph **** for missing on top targets, when Banda has whiffed just as if not more. Plus Rumph is a really good coach.

To be fair, I think expectations were greater for Rumph -- he played H.S. ball in S. Florida, starred at the U, played in the NFL, then coached in S. Florida. That resume IMO should impress a young man in deciding who to play for.

That said, neither Rumph nor Banda could sell ice in the Sahara.

Is it crazy for me to think/hope that Rumph found his groove in landing Christian Williams?

Advertisement
Back