Notes On Yulkeith Brown's Offer

Advertisement
That struck me immediately. How the **** is L$U the dream school for a Gulliver kid???
It’s Blasphemy
17CFDF65-611F-4781-A042-D06B178E5E7F.jpeg

Was Banda the HC at a local HS (a school that we failed miserably to recruit) for several years before joining the staff? Other than that, it’s the same exact circumstances.

Just keep it real all the way. There’s an obvious reason Rumph has so many vocal apologists.
Coaching at a hs and all that doesn't matter. They both are on this staff and one guy was getting called to lose his job constantly while the other one was shîtting the bed and nobody said a word.

Advertisement
Offense all day! Jet sweeps, toss sweeps, swing passes, slants, wheel routes, PUNT RETURNS!!!! Same packages OSU had for Parris Campbell and UGA should have had for Mecole Hardman.

To be fair, I think expectations were greater for Rumph -- he played H.S. ball in S. Florida, starred at the U, played in the NFL, then coached in S. Florida. That resume IMO should impress a young man in deciding who to play for.

That said, neither Rumph nor Banda could sell ice in the Sahara.

Is it crazy for me to think/hope that Rumph found his groove in landing Christian Williams?

Yeah man; ur speaking truth.

Advertisement
So sick of hearing about top recruits wanting to play a certain position or side of the ball and our staff is trying to sell them on the opposite. Recruit them at whatever position they want and change it in camp if it’s that obvious. Amateur hour ****.

Exactly! That’s it! DJ came here as a FB, right? OK, so we let him play FB; and then told him his $ is LB. Became a great 1, didnt he? Just get them here, and stop trying to force them at other positions. Once they get here, then help them to see why they can make $ where u project them. Smh. I thought they wouldn’t learned that lesson by now.

Yeah man; ur speaking truth.

Seriously man. Rumph has the perfect resume to sell a local DB on playing for Miami. When he was 1st hired, I thought kids would be lining up to play for him. Turns out you still need some sales ability. Like I said, maybe landing Williams will give him some confidence on the recruiting trail.

What recruiter (Banda included) wouldn't love to say "I played H.S. ball in S. Florida, I starred at the U, I was drafted in the 1st Round, and I coached H.S. ball in S. Florida."?

Banda isn't the problem, being inconsistent on the field is our greatest adversary. Win 10 or more games with an ACCCG appearance next season watch how much better we get at recruiting.

One season doesnt right the ship. It takes several years of consistency. Last year set us back two. We need at least two years of 10 win seasons and signs of continued success to consider our on field performance a positive factor in recruiting.

Yulkeith is cut from elite cloth, his pops & uncles were Liberty City legends at MNW back in the day.

This kid is an electric dynamic playmaker with great speed, he's an offensive weapon, you can put him at the slot, RB or outside WR just get the ball in his hands.

He can be a Homerun hitting big play RB on the next level, he rushed for 1,430yds with 17TD's. He's not as physically big but he's got CJ2K type ability.

It would be an absolutely retarded eval if they're offering him with the intentions of putting him on Defense, he is not a DB, I repeat he is NOT a DB. Let Coach Hickson & Coach Field lead this recruitment. Also since he's at Gully Prep Baez needs to lean on his connections over there & put pressure on those coaches to ensure we keep this kid in the fold.

There's no **** reason a kid this naturally gifted & talented should be leaving home to go to FSU, LSU or some other SEC school, we gotta put a stop to that sh*t.
Godfather, that is some spot on, stuff. The sad part previous regimes have done the opposite of the common sense approach. Hoping this time around it's different.

Advertisement
Banda isn't the problem, being inconsistent on the field is our greatest adversary. Win 10 or more games with an ACCCG appearance next season watch how much better we get at recruiting.

Record is largely irrelevant. Most kids aren't stupid, they know if a team has a super successful year, there is a good chance that the coaches will be hired by a bigger program or the NFL. Could have a 11 win season, an acc championship appearance, HC gets hired elsewhere, and the next season go 7-5 while a new coach gets broken in. The 5 (and some 4) stars go where the bags are, most 4 and below go where they feel most comfortable, as long as the program still puts players in the NFL. Doesn't matter if it's a 7 win LSU team or a 10 win Miami team. If a kid wants to play offense and Miami is recruiting him to play defense, there isn't much chance he will play for Miami unless he is a diehard fan (and doesn't sound like this kid is).

Sure, you can say that the adults can evaluate a kids potential better and know the best position for his skillset, but if you think a kid is going to listen to an adult, then you must have skipped being a teenager.

It's a rookie move by Diaz to send a DB coach when the kid says he wants to play offense. Recruit him on O, get him signed, then can work on switching him to the other side of the ball.

I'm more than a little disappointed that Diaz hasn't figured this out yet. Its disheartening, really. I thought Diaz had just enough slime (his dad was a politician after all) to be a monster in recruiting. This stinks of a coach who still thinks that loyalty and integrity in a head coach really matters to a recruit. If that's the case, might as well have kept the last guy.

Last edited:
Coaching at a hs and all that doesn't matter. They both are on this staff and one guy was getting called to lose his job constantly while the other one was shîtting the bed and nobody said a word.
Being the HC of several HS kids and even coaching them in Optimist ball and having relationships with them and their families for many years “doesn’t matter?” LOL. If you’re going to be that disingenuous then we can’t even have a meaningful discussion.

Advertisement
Exactly! That’s it! DJ came here as a FB, right? OK, so we let him play FB; and then told him his $ is LB. Became a great 1, didnt he? Just get them here, and stop trying to force them at other positions. Once they get here, then help them to see why they can make $ where u project them. Smh. I thought they wouldn’t learned that lesson by now.

DJ started out as a LB but couldn’t crack the two deep and was squawking about transferring out. So Davis gave him reps at FB to keep him here.

To be fair, I think expectations were greater for Rumph -- he played H.S. ball in S. Florida, starred at the U, played in the NFL, then coached in S. Florida. That resume IMO should impress a young man in deciding who to play for.

That said, neither Rumph nor Banda could sell ice in the Sahara.

Is it crazy for me to think/hope that Rumph found his groove in landing Christian Williams?
Actually played HS in SW Fl...Lehigh Acres/Ft Myers....used to kid him about that, since my hometown was Ft Myers...When I was in HS...Lehigh Acres was virtually non existent...Lol

One season doesnt right the ship. It takes several years of consistency. Last year set us back two. We need at least two years of 10 win seasons and signs of continued success to consider our on field performance a positive factor in recruiting.
Bullcrap my brother. We had one 10 win season and finished top 10 in the recruiting rankings. Same happened to the Gators last season. Momentum plays a huge part in recruiting. Winning creates that momentum. One good season will get the ball rolling.

Advertisement
Back