Notes On Yulkeith Brown's Offer

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Coach Banda stopped by Gulliver Prep on Tuesday to offer Brown a scholarship. Miami offered Brown as an athlete, but they did send Coach Banda, not an offensive coach. This is of note because Brown will continue to play offense this year and may have his heart set on playing offense at the next level. On the bright side, Brown did say that he plans to visit Miami every chance that he gets and has been in contact with 2021 commits Kahlil Brantley and Romello Brinson. Final note, LSU is Brown's dream offer. Should they pull the trigger and offer they will immediately become major players in Brown's recruitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid is electric, but Suero is on the money with him, LSU for some reason is his dream school, they offer he goes there and it won’t be because of bags this time

Banda isn't the problem, being inconsistent on the field is our greatest adversary. Win 10 or more games with an ACCCG appearance next season watch how much better we get at recruiting.

Banda is a problem and have been skating by. Go look at how many recruiting battles Banda have won v. loss. It’s quite alarming. Ppl will say well he got Gurvan, and I call bull chit on that. Manny was just as involved w Gurvan as Banda. ****, even Rumph and Richt got involved w Hall. That was a joint effort, especially w Manny. I’ll give Banda Amari and that’s it.

Banda is a problem and have been skating by. Go look at how many recruiting battles Banda have won v. loss. It’s quite alarming. Ppl will say well he got Gurvan, and I call bull chit on that. Manny was just as involved w Gurvan as Banda. ****, even Rumph and Richt got involved w Hall. That was a joint effort, especially w Manny. I’ll give Banda Amari and that’s it.
Since we're being honest I think our defensive staff is mediocre at recruiting, that includes Manny. My thing is if we win we'll be fine on the trail. These kids want to join a winner and want a chance at the league.

Advertisement
And keontra too

I did a little research and 247 gives Banda a lot more credit on recruits than I initially thought he had. I've always thought Rumph was the better recruiter on the defensive side but 247 has Banda as the primary for guys like Chaney.

I did a little research and 247 gives Banda a lot more credit on recruits than I initially thought he had. I've always thought Rumph was the better recruiter on the defensive side but 247 has Banda as the primary for guys like Chaney.

I think both Rumph & Banda have OK qualities as recruiters. Neither are god-awful, but in my opinion, neither are elite. They’re both OK...but for yrs we were elevating Banda over Rumph and that’s not the case.

I think both Rumph & Banda have OK qualities as recruiters. Neither are god-awful, but in my opinion, neither are elite. They’re both OK...but for yrs we were elevating Banda over Rumph and that’s not the case.
I agree with u there. Too many people have been calling for Rumphs job. Imo he is the best overall position coach on the defensive side.

Advertisement
So sick of hearing about top recruits wanting to play a certain position or side of the ball and our staff is trying to sell them on the opposite. Recruit them at whatever position they want and change it in camp if it’s that obvious. Amateur hour ****.

That’s been my position the last few years, Banda wasn’t what he was hyped up to be in recruiting especially In comparison to rumph and people tried to dismiss it

Advertisement
So sick of hearing about top recruits wanting to play a certain position or side of the ball and our staff is trying to sell them on the opposite. Recruit them at whatever position they want and change it in camp if it’s that obvious. Amateur hour ****.
And they send Banda of all people , he wants to play offense smh lol

I agree with u there. Too many people have been calling for Rumphs job. Imo he is the best overall position coach on the defensive side.

That’s all I’m saying. So let me be clear; I don’t hate Banda; but majority, including myself, gave Rumph **** for missing on top targets, when Banda has whiffed just as if not more. Plus Rumph is a really good coach.

That’s been my position the last few years, Banda wasn’t what he was hyped up to be in recruiting especially In comparison to rumph and people tried to dismiss it

Exactly. I totally agree.

Advertisement
Back