Notes on Payton’s commitment

Advertisement
DWgvR9lW4AAX_vK.jpg

Yeah just like they did to Lingard.. oh wait
You seriously not doing this are you? When he committed to Miami 247 had him rated # 8 overall and dropped to 44 in their rankings or so, a lot of our other recruits rankings dropped after they committed to Miami too. Some got raises in rankings but majority of them dropped every update

Advertisement
Does he know Mallory? What's the connection there? Thanks for keeping us up to date on Payton Erick you've been on top of this recruitment.

I'm guessing Mallory has a tremendous rep in Jacksonville and Hartley's recruitment of him opened some communication within the community. That's my take, anyway. And yeah, I'm sure they know each other from playing locally.

Advertisement
You seriously not doing this are you? When he committed to Miami 247 had him rated # 8 overall and dropped to 44 in their rankings or so, a lot of our other recruits rankings dropped after they committed to Miami too. Some got raises in rankings but majority of them dropped every update
Thing is I'll never believe you unless you actually did a statistical analysis and compared it to other schools. Everyone loves to think they're the victim. Not just Miami fans

Thing is I'll never believe you unless you actually did a statistical analysis and compared it to other schools. Everyone loves to think they're the victim. Not just Miami fans
After every ranking update, we tracked the movement. What are you talking about?

I always felt like Richt had kids wait and make commitments official at the best times. We find out Kul is leaving, people start to panic a little, and then boom.. Payton commits. Sprits are high again. Just a gut feeling but I think it's more than just a coincidence. Pretty sure this happened like twice last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Commit to UM and watch them drop his stars

That's nothing new!! It happens, he will be a 4 star recruit for sure BUT it's just crazy how a Miami commit starts getting bumped down after committing here, we see it happen every class SO this year shouldn't be any different... Kid is a straight stud, so we don't need stars to prove that..

Obviously, Miami-Dade is a huge focus and always will be, but what we're selling works really well in DaUval and much of North Florida.

Think Shaq Quarterman vs. Matthew Thomas.

Duval and Clay > Broward

Advertisement
Back