Note on Wes

Advertisement
As you all know I’ve been checked out on recruiting and haven’t followed anything for months, but I did ask around about the rumors on Wes. He was considered a lock to fsu the last three weeks , and some fsu “ insiders” insinuated that changed today on a phone call. That’s 100 % bs. As of last week the Miami staff felt very confident about him and expected him to choose them today. It’s ironic they finally land a lb as they’re exited stage right.
Thanks for the tip. So…what changed, then?

Likely the fact that the current staff is about to "exit stage left." lol

Advertisement
As you all know I’ve been checked out on recruiting and haven’t followed anything for months, but I did ask around about the rumors on Wes. He was considered a lock to fsu the last three weeks , and some fsu “ insiders” insinuated that changed today on a phone call. That’s 100 % bs. As of last week the Miami staff felt very confident about him and expected him to choose them today. It’s ironic they finally land a lb as they’re exited stage right.
He did toss an upside down u at FSU but then came right back to the u campus. He must know something we don’t know 100% regarding AD and new hc coming in cause no elite lb should waste there talent in a manny defense that only prioritizes edge pass rush and dts going up field every play. Would not want my kid, friend, brother, cousin etc playing as a lb in a manny d.

Thought for sure he was FSU when he announced he was committing the Saturday before anything has been signed and publicly spoken about to the press with 100% confirmation regarding who is actually the coach next year and who is the ad. Thought he would wait to mid next week to announce. I also think with manny going, Terrence will transfer here and those two together with both Williams N kitchens at safety is scary. Stevens needs to stay for next season so a real coach can let him play aggressive press man every down. Will increases his draft stock 100%. Get Terrence, keep Stevens from going pro n grab two good edge rushers with the talent on d committed and this d can be scary good come week 1 2022

I appreciate Fenk being savage but just fire Diaz already n let trob be interm hc aka head recruiter to Mario or Lane or Belicheat is made hc officially.

The staff been prioritizing this kid since his Fresh/soph year..that does matter
Sure but FSU has been on him as aggressively as we have been for a year. They were not only all in on him but beyond arrogant in previous weeks that he was coming to FSU if you read any FSU fan tweets or message boards. To lose him to a rival with no ad and a hc on his way out most likely stings even more badly after a season not being bowl eligible n losing to a fcs team at home. Losing to James Madison is one thing as they should be moving up to g5 soon but sh&t losing at home to a ok fcs Jackson team is worse then watching a manny Diaz led team for the first half of a game or after coming out flat after every bye week.

Lol Wario.. I would rather hire Utah's HC he knows how to beat the **** out of Mario's teams. He's got a winning record against him in the PAC 12 which is worse than the ACC.

I want to know about the Maryland LB Portal Kid, T. Lewis. Yes, the one who supposedly was problems. We have not heard a peep about any problems with this kid. Has he now redeemed himself? Is he now back in play? He seems to have a lot more potential than Wes. This kid is bigger and faster but he seems like he might have issues to resolve. Any info on this kid?
Wes has loads of potential. He’s extremely aggressive with good instincts for being undersized. He will definitely put mass on in next couple years, hopefully enough by start of 2022 season. With a little improvement in his hips for coverage n weight added for runs, he has such a high ceiling.

Terrance is a beast n manny should have taken him but let him go n then didn’t aggressively go after any portal lbs. Even an average to above average portal lb may have increased his chances of staying a year longer n putting us through another year of misery but dude didn’t. There was plenty of lbs in the portal who may not have been elite but a helluva lot better then what we had returning and in our 2021 class. Like most things manny does as a coach, it makes no sense.

Good thing is Terrence doesn’t have the trauma of being coached by patke/Diaz and doesn’t need to unlearn the ineffective tackling techniques or stupidity of a d scheme he would have under manny.

Kids can change a lot from hs to college for the better or worse. With good leadership n what seems to be a good bond with Wesley could do wonders for Terrence. We are also in no position to pass on 5 star lbs for character issues, we are so bad at the lb position not only because manny’s defense is set up to put a lot of responsibility on lbs and leave them on an island but also his obsession for loving hs de’s to turn into lbs.

This years d under manny had me even more then goldens defense. The hype from manny n the media about the most veteran Miami team with an ol with lots of starts previously and manny’s dumb comment in summer about winning in December not the summer regarding recruiting was enough to make me ponder therapy to get out of the abusive relationship of being a Miami fan.

After bama all I could think was, wow why did we not take 3 portal lbs with any experience playing or talent better then what we had. I assumed Diaz knew something we didn’t, that Flagg was capable. Flagg was/is better then Jennings but manny is/was/always will be worse then golden.

Advertisement
Lol Wario.. I would rather hire Utah's HC he knows how to beat the **** out of Mario's teams. He's got a winning record against him in the PAC 12 which is worse than the ACC.
Mario did win back to back pac 12 championships. It seemed pretty obvious after they lost to Utah the first time that the Mario rumors to Miami n Mario doing nothing to help ease Oregon’s concerns that he was leaving killed the Oregon players motivation. Watch Friday’s game again, Oregon was flat all 4 quarters n for all the hype/narrative about how great Oregons fan base is, the pac 12 championship in Vegas seemed like a home game for Utah.

N no the acc is not currently better then the pac 12. Wake n Pitt would both be slaughtered by Oregon n Utah.

He did toss an upside down u at FSU but then came right back to the u campus. He must know something we don’t know 100% regarding AD and new hc coming in cause no elite lb should waste there talent in a manny defense that only prioritizes edge pass rush and dts going up field every play. Would not want my kid, friend, brother, cousin etc playing as a lb in a manny d.

Thought for sure he was FSU when he announced he was committing the Saturday before anything has been signed and publicly spoken about to the press with 100% confirmation regarding who is actually the coach next year and who is the ad. Thought he would wait to mid next week to announce. I also think with manny going, Terrence will transfer here and those two together with both Williams N kitchens at safety is scary. Stevens needs to stay for next season so a real coach can let him play aggressive press man every down. Will increases his draft stock 100%. Get Terrence, keep Stevens from going pro n grab two good edge rushers with the talent on d committed and this d can be scary good come week 1 2022

I appreciate Fenk being savage but just fire Diaz already n let trob be interm hc aka head recruiter to Mario or Lane or Belicheat is made hc officially.
Frenk is no Savage. If he were, Blake James would have been fired the moment he became President and Díaz wouldn’t be our coach.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It makes sense he wanted to commit to Miami but not manny
I wouldnt be surprised a lot more recruits commit now that manny is gonna be gone

He's been all um for 3 months. Gave a silent when gil was hosting him few months back. BUT to be fair y'all do know how we've been fairing with these silents recently.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back