Note on Tirek Austin-Cave official visit

Was this recent? The guy who went to Illinois.
It was Liuget. Just looked it up. I didn't follow his career. He did pretty well for himself. First round to SD after junior year and good career their. (meant "they're" -- CiS usage rules).

His father was apparently murdered, maybe in Miami. Understand why he wanted to leave.

Lemonier went to Auburn

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tirek Austin-Cave is 6'1, AJ Mathis is 6'1 & Hyppolite is 6'0, the only short one is Corey Flagg Jr.

How tall do you think most LB's are?
None of them are legit 6'1, Mathis has not been measured officially so he could be shorter and everyone else is shorter by .5 of an inch. Even in are best LB trio ever arguably, the tallest was 6'2. The prospects that I'm talking about are officially 5'11.5, 6'0.5 and maybe 6'1, but maybe I'm also tripping 😭😭😭.

Advertisement
None of them are legit 6'1, Mathis has not been measured officially so he could be shorter and everyone else is shorter by .5 of an inch. Even in are best LB trio ever arguably, the tallest was 6'2. The prospects that I'm talking about are officially 5'11.5, 6'0.5 and maybe 6'1, but maybe I'm also tripping 😭😭😭.
Now you're just absolutely trying to find something to nitpick about lol.

Ray Lewis literally the greatest LB ever is 6'1, Darrin Smith is 6'1, Jessie Armstead is 6'1, Jonathan Vilma is 6'1, Jon Beason is 6'0, DJ Wiliams is 6'1, Rohan Marley is 5'8, Nate Webster is 6'0, Denzel Perryman is 5'11.

Bobby Wagner is 6'0, Lavonte David is 6'1, Myles Jack is 6'1, Roquan Smith is 6'1, Wesley Woodyard is 6'0, Kwon Alexander is 6'1, Deion Jones is 6'1, Shaq Thompson is 6'0, Thomas Davis is 6'1, Ryan Shazier is 6'1... I could go on.

Liuget was bought by Illinois? Didn't know they were still doing that after our future DL coach Bob Karmelowicz stole some kids from us when he was still on Illinois staff

Why doesn't Illinois just give up...they still wallow in mediocrity
Was Zook there?

I think Mathis is going to be the guy that is in or out of this class depending on if they hit on a big-time target. Ideally for me right now is Flagg, Cave, Kinsler and a top target like flowe or Simon (don't think we have a chance with Simpson). For me I would need to see a little more out of Mathis to really solidify his spot in the class and gut feeling is Miami staff feels the same way on that

If he does commit. Miami needs to be selective with it’s last 2 spots at linebacker and try to land elite guys there. Because that 2021 class is loaded(much more loaded than this one that’s for sure at linebacker) so we don’t necessarily need to take 4

We need to take 4 this class, no questions asked. It's the most dire spot on the team. I couldn't care less how wonderful 2021 looks, if you can find 4 kids you really like in this class, you take them. And I don't care if they're not Top 100 recruits. Although, if we sign 4 at the position and none of them are highly regarded kids, it'll be more LB recruiting failures. But that's another discussion. For this discussion, you MUST get 4 backers in this class. You need bodies. We were playing walk-ons in the spring. Have to have 4, and we'll figure 2021 out in 2021.

Advertisement
Back