Note On Jalen Carter

Advertisement
How bout we drop you.

Kid is legit, and you don’t drop a quality player until you have a much better on knocking down the door to take his slot.

You don’t have an idea of what you are talking about.

Read more, post less.
Yeah he's legit alright legitimately done nothing

Comparing this guy to Munoz is your first mistake.

Pinder is good, but around 5’10.

Seems like an exaggeration. Henry Bryant looks to be 5'10-5'11. Pinder is def stocky but I'd bet he's about 6'0. Measured in at combines at 6'1 (why should we doubt that?) plus doesn't look like a midget in the video of these camps going against tall OL and standing next to tall DL

Advertisement
Ok, keep your hopes up on Jalen Carter.

I would happily eat crow here, but I can say with 100% certainty that Carter will not be a Cane.

I have never predicted that of someone who ended up here, and I make predictions like this every spring.

Happy to make a ban bet with anyone who wants.

Any takers?

To me he is reminding me a lot of Munoz. I just don't like the fact that he has done absolutely nothing and the whole not doing the camp circuit stuff is stupid. A great competitor would try to prove himself any chance he has

He has been hurt.

Advertisement
For 3 years ? If so that's worse

C'mon man. How are you gonna take such a hard line stance and double down on it without doing any semblance of research? Makes you look silly

Sophomore year at IMG:

Freshman year at Lakewood (Varsity):

Advertisement
C'mon man. How are you gonna take such a hard line stance and double down on it without doing any semblance of research? Makes you look silly

Sophomore year at IMG:

Freshman year at Lakewood (Varsity):

I was being sarcastic. My thing with him is just he hasn't done much. From watching his film would he be a take for you . I'm just saying he hasn't earned that in my opinion

I was being sarcastic. My thing with him is just he hasn't done much. From watching his film would he be a take for you . I'm just saying he hasn't earned that in my opinion

First of all, that's not all you're saying.

Freshman and Sophomore tape shows promise. Paired with what seems to be a good frame and nice athleticism, based on his tape I like his potential (context that he was underclassman -- as a Soph playing a national schedule) to progress towards enrolling in college as a 6'3 270+ athletic DL with a frame to maintain athleticism and operate around 300 pounds--basically the prototype of what we're looking for.

Yes, I would love to have more information to go off of--camp measurables and athletic testing and JR tape. But, I don't. I also don't have any negative information to indicate that he has failed to continue to progress/grow towards what he was scouted to be. I have to hope that the coaches making the decisions have more information than I do. The coaches have seen him in person and measured him at JR days recently. The coaches have seen him in practice and seen how he is progressing. So, like I initially indicated he's a bit of a mystery to us sitting here on a computer. That, in itself, is far from a reason to be steadfastly certain he should be dropped.

Until I can see more, I'm in wait and see mode and deferring to the coaches who have seen more.

Last edited:
Advertisement
First of all, that's not all you're saying.

Freshman and Sophomore tape shows promise. Paired with what seems to be a good frame and nice athleticism, based on his tape I like his potential (context that he was underclassman -- as a Soph playing a national schedule) to progress towards enrolling in college as a 6'3 270+ athletic DL with a frame to maintain athleticism and operate around 300 pounds--basically the prototype of what we're looking for.

Yes, I would love to have more information to go off of--camp measurables and athletic testing and JR tape. But, I don't. I also don't have any negative information to indicate that he has failed to continue to progress/grow towards what he was scouted to be. I have to hope that the coaches making the decisions have more information than I do. The coaches have seen him in person and measured him at JR days recently. The coaches have seen him in practice and seen how he is progressing. So, like I initially indicated he's a bit of a mystery to us sitting here on a computer. That, in itself, is far from a reason to be steadfastly certain he should be dropped.

Until I can see more, I'm in wait and see mode and deferring to the coaches who have seen more.
Didn’t he have like 4 sacks as a backup at img his sophomore year. Nolan smith who’s was #1 overall had only 4 sacks his junior year

How bout we drop you.

Kid is legit, and you don’t drop a quality player until you have a much better on knocking down the door to take his slot.

You don’t have an idea of what you are talking about.

Read more, post less.
I don't understand these guys on this board, how dumb can you be? This kid just did an interview with Adams recently on a CIS podcast which was a pretty good interview to be honest and I'm sure he checks up on the board. He is a wait and see kid. See how he plays this year before a judgement is made on his on field performance which is pretty much what he has been saying " I want to prove it on the field".

Advertisement
Back