Note on Braylen Ingraham

Advertisement
i get that, but my point is that i dont think that UVA game had any effect in his decision making. he visited bama last month (well before the UVA game) and closer to the time we were blowing out uNC On ESPN. it seems as if he was waiting on his mom to allow him to go to Bama.

It's obvious Bama was on his mind for a while. He even went to Orlando to watch them play Louisville. People think Bama came out of nowhere, that didn't happen. They were always there but he was still Miami's to lose and we lost him not showing progress this year on the field and also by not having him OV during the season before his decision.

It's obvious Bama was on his mind for a while. He even went to Orlando to watch them play Louisville. People think Bama came out of nowhere, that didn't happen. They were always there but he was still Miami's to lose and we lost him not showing progress this year on the field and also by not having him OV during the season before his decision.

eh i dont think he was actually miamis to lose but more "hope mom says no to bama"
the stuff i read on him was that his mom loves UM and thats why he was leaning towards UM. once she said okay, it isnt surprising he suddenly changed his mind.

Well I've been coaching high school for 11 years now. But what do i know about kids?
I'll tell you what i know.
Kids down here don't perceive our program the same way we do.

Miami hasn't finished in the top 10 since 2004.

Miami in no way, shape, or form is a top program in the eyes of any of these kids. They've never seen it with their own eyes.

That right now is by far our biggest problem in recruiting.

Advertisement
Miami hasn't finished in the top 10 since 2004.

Miami in no way, shape, or form is a top program in the eyes of any of these kids. They've never seen it with their own eyes.

That right now is by far our biggest problem in recruiting.

yup and the top program right now has won a title every other year basically lol

Well I've been coaching high school for 11 years now. But what do i know about kids?

Question. I agree that they don't view us the same as us fans do. So with that said, even before the UVA game, why would the kid choose us over Bama?

It think thats bull****. No way you watch UVA as a DEFENSIVE tackle and say "they won't develop me I dont wanna go there"

Come on man. It’s about winning & losing.

Kids aren’t lookong at development like that but let’s say this kid was...Bama is 7th in the country in TFL & 3rd in sacks plus they are undefeated...they aren’t losing to UVA’s of the world.

Advertisement

They don’t get it!!!!

Imagine recruiting against Miami..it’s not hard.

Let’s say we’re on a run like last year..if I’m an opposing coach..all I tell a kid is to just watch..they’ll lose a game they shouldn’t & BAM that’s exactly what we do.

A non elite school just has to say “come get away from south Florida, it’s not like your home school is competing for titles...you can do the same thing here without all the local pressure.”.

Miami not being elite is a serious problem for the most ELITE recruiting base in the country.

The point to all this if you are currently gonna bang heads with Bama
They don’t get it!!!!

Imagine recruiting against Miami..it’s not hard.

Let’s say we’re on a run like last year..if I’m an opposing coach..all I tell a kid is to just watch..they’ll lose a game they shouldn’t & BAM that’s exactly what we do.

A non elite school just has to say “come get away from south Florida, it’s not like your home school is competing for titles...you can do the same thing here without all the local pressure.”.

Miami not being elite is a serious problem for the most ELITE recruiting base in the country.

TRUE...But we also lose out to schools that aren't elite for kids.

AND...There is enough kids where you can land some of the 30-40 pct of the elite, and then bat about 60% with your next tier and take a couple of high upside kids from pipelines and be at least top 10 if not elite.

Advertisement
He never OVed here because the staff makes local kids wait until after the season. Makes no sense to me when the kid is deciding for that point. The point about losing to UVA that people aren't getting is that it showed that Miami still isn't a top program yet. Add in the LSU ****show and it's easy to see why kids rather go to Bama. They want to win.

It only makes sense if you believe the staff has thought for along time he was coming here - had in fact silently committed. Why push for an OV now when he would come with the rest of the class? Now maybe they were concerned about Bama - IDK. He came to the FSU game right after that OV. Seemed to enjoy it from what I remember reading.

He went up to Bama during the summer or early fall too. And he was the ONLY one OVing that weekend. I happen to agree with the theory he wanted Bama for awhile and secured a spot with us because Mom wanted him to while waiting for a commitable offer from Bama. We will probably find out more later tonight.

Front runners gonna front run. These kids nowadays...
You guys and this front running thing needs to stop, championship teams get the best players, if we become a championship team we'll get the best players aka front runners

Advertisement
Front runners gonna front run. These kids nowadays...

Do you blame them?

Get a nice back for you and the family.

Go to a proven team that is a proven pipeline to the NFL at your position.

Be on a super competitive squad immediately and win big.

Its up to Richt to start changing that with us more which he has 10 win season, bowl win, January bowl(which we should have beat wisky). Cant be losing to UVAs of the world in year 3 or getting blown out on primetime opening week as the only game of the day on Sunday in Jerrys world. Cant have it.

Thanks for the confirmation. To be honest we are not a top program. We are still building. Losing to UVA was shocking because I thought we'd find a way to pull it out but I wasn't surprised by the outcome. That being said I'd never think that we'd lose someone we're favorites for on D. I do see us getting back to elite status but it's going to take long than most fans want it to take.

I think that 10-0 start gave us a false since of where the program is at. The last 3 games was more us than the first 10. Pitt game- we are still prone to lose to lesser teams on the road. Clemson- we aren't on their level yet, Wisconsin - that game looked like we were going to blow their doors off until that Int. Once they got their legs under them we couldn't stop that passing game.

UVA is no different than the Pitt game. The D kept us in the game but the offense did jack ****.

Advertisement
Back