Not So fast on Collins to ARK as finished!

I put more credence in the OP's ideas than most. I have no contact with people down there, I live far away. I just know what I read (and I do read a lot). Something is fishy with this whole Collins thing. I do think he was spooked, and I think he has been sold a bill of goods, as the saying goes. And it might not be by Arkansas but by that coach.

The whole thing is speculation, obviously, but the facts do seem to fit together and point in a certain direction. I hope his mother and girlfriend somehow convince him to hold off a few days on signing until the dust settles a bit and he can see what's really going on. This is really the fog of war, and I'm beginning to believe Collins is sitting in a very dense fog, with very little awareness of everything that is going on.

I guess the coaches can't talk to him until tomorrow because of the dead period, but I hope he somehow drags his feet for a day or so. I can understand the Kirkland thing spoking him--I can see it spooking other kids (I'm worried it might affect MT).

I've been following this stuff for so long, and do know of some very strange turns of events, like how Texas stole Eric Metcalf from us at the last minute25 years ago. How Frank Hartley and a few other kids were stolen from us by an Illinois coach named Bob Karmelowicz who later ended up on our staff. Hubbard Alexander was ready to walk into the house at the appointed time to sign, 9 AM and Karmelowicz was already there, and had the signature.

I see no reason for this kid to go to Arkansas. There are many more established programs which could feature Alex, including a number in the SEC. All of a sudden this kid gets an interest in Arkansas, Now, I can see Wisconsin--it's a top school academically, but Arkansas? It's an also ran. All of a sudden they're in the picture, and it has to be Bielema and the fat guy.

I won't dismiss what you say OP, because I think there's some fire under that smoke. Still, I agree it's a longshot.

Advertisement
Would've been nice, but did not make or break the class...would also bet that he begs back in in 2 years, and gets shut out

It happens all the time. Kids go elsewhere and then get homesick,know they made a mistake. Sometimes they get back, like Cleveland Gary, but most of the time it's forever gone. Just look at Sticks McCartney.

Good ole coach found his meal ticket in Alex Collins

It's gotta be a big one with that corch. I was going to mail my extra McDonald's coupons to the state house in New Jersey...maybe I should send them down to South Plantation athletic department. Just my way of giving back to the community.

I think every yr since this recruiting has started to get nationwide coverage kids are under more pressure than ever before. you get love/hate from the social media side that these recruits try to make everyone happy during the recruitment period. in the end its about their heart, but when coaches text/tweet constantly the kid can't keep everyone happy. in the end more and more kids are going to by pass their decision on NSD.

I think every yr since this recruiting has started to get nationwide coverage kids are under more pressure than ever before. you get love/hate from the social media side that these recruits try to make everyone happy during the recruitment period. in the end its about their heart, but when coaches text/tweet constantly the kid can't keep everyone happy. in the end more and more kids are going to by pass their decision on NSD.

DJ Williams delayed his announcement. The story was, he was unhappy with the publicity on UM message boards. He finally signed, but I still think very few kids will delay. I'd love to see it happen with Collins, but I don't think it will. I think he made a terrible mistake for a lot of reasons, including the fact they signed so many big and fast RBs. He might be fighting for playing time. He could share featured back status at UM and would probably be better prepared for the league. I don't see an educational advantage, or a social advantage, to Arkansas. I think he's bought into something as an impressionable kid and it has to do with that coach gruntwood, or whatever his name is.

I think Gruntwood is taking advantage of this kid to further some agenda, and I'm not sure what it is. It's not the school, because this thing followed Bulimia from Wisconsin to Arkansas. Wisconsin would be a much better place to go for a lot of reasons, but I don't think poor Alex sees the difference. He is probably being led around by his nose.

I see another Ivan McCartney situation (perhaps) down the road, a kid with a disappointing career that might not have happened had he stayed home.

I hate to say this, but if he really does have a girlfriend at UM, she better start looking around. She's lost him. He's gone. Maybe he has an eye on some of the homebred, inbred blond mountain girls. You don't really see that many in south Florida.

Advertisement
OP was right all along. Where you just guessing or you knew this would happen? either way you're the man or woman!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back