Not in Top 25 but Cuse and Nebraska are?

We were total doodoo last year.. getting a$$raped by LSU to start the season and Wisconsin to bookend it didn't help....

No one outside of CG believes the hype..
and i don't blame them.
We are like a drunk who has fallen off the wagon one too many times.

Just win, the rest will even out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I feel like preseason rankings are more of a reflection of the previous season than a projection of the new season.
That was the theory, until they put Nebraska in the top 25.

I hate pre-season polls. Always have, always will. Team chemistry changes every year, and until you see them play you really have no evidence of what they will actually look like.

Cuse has a solid squad, but Nebraska is beyond me, they probably bought they're way in the top 25 or something

Syracuse gained my respect when they beat Clemson. We had a Legit shot to go undefeated that year, but that 30 year offense and lack of bye week because of the actual hurricane caught up to us. Rosier was the cool guy around town, things changed quick

That and the injuries to Herndon and Richards...

Advertisement
Laugh my *** off. Am I in the correct place? Fans of the Miami Hurricanes don't want to be ranked? They don't want to be thought highly of? Since when did we NOT want the national attention?

i dOn'T wANT uS tO Be RAnkED uNTiL wE proDVEd tHAt wE cAn be RankEDED.

Fvck that. Put us at #7 infront of the fvck boy Gators and let them be mad about it too. This fan base is ridiculous. Complain all the time about how ESPN sucks off the SEC but notice how the trash teams get 0 airtime? Y'all want the players mad about a RANKING? Where are all these teams that were disrespected by being unranked just to come back and win the Natty? Oh wait. Only 6 times in the history of College Football has an unranked team won the Natty(Yes, I'll admit the 83' Canes were one of them). But it boggles my mind how some people here are not just ok with us being unranked, but arguing that the media is right for thinking we suck and aren't one of the top 25 teams.

The Nebraska hype has always been weird to me. Any team coming off 4-8 should have to prove they belong in the top 25 and should never be preseason ranked, no matter how much "potential" they have

It seems like certain teams get a 'bounce back' ranking while some teams have to prove they're not the same team from last year. Like, last season was an aberration and they'll be back to winning games this season.
That was the theory, until they put Nebraska in the top 25.

I hate pre-season polls. Always have, always will. Team chemistry changes every year, and until you see them play you really have no evidence of what they will actually look like.

Yeah, I never really understand preseason polls. Likr, are they predictions for the season, unlike every other poll during the season, or are they how good they think teams currently are, like every poll the rest of the season. If it’s current, how can you even have an opinion how good a team currently is when they haven’t done anything but practice against themselves. Which is why it’s more of a reflection of last year, with a sprinkling of projection.

Which is why they’re completely useless and serve no point other to drum up interest in early season games before any one really knows what teams are gonna look like.

Advertisement
It seems like certain teams get a 'bounce back' ranking while some teams have to prove they're not the same team from last year. Like, last season was an aberration and they'll be back to winning games this season.

Yeah, I never really understand preseason polls. Likr, are they predictions for the season, unlike every other poll during the season, or are they how good they think teams currently are, like every poll the rest of the season. If it’s current, how can you even have an opinion how good a team currently is when they haven’t done anything but practice against themselves. Which is why it’s more of a reflection of last year, with a sprinkling of projection.
I know in the past they used preseason polls to help influence strength of schedule. "Hey look, there are 8 SEC teams in the top 25!" Of course they would all beat up on each other, and barely drop. They would then go on to lose most of their bowls, and we'd hear the excuses as to why that happened. They did it with the Big 12 15 years ago as well.

And?

4 and 8 is top 25 all of a sudden. Who were Nebraskas 4 wins since you want to list our "bad wins"?

Ohh wait

Bethune Cookman and Troy
And without the teams I mentioned we would have the same record as Nebraska .
And?

4 and 8 is top 25 all of a sudden. Who were Nebraskas 4 wins since you want to list our "bad wins"?

Ohh wait

Bethune Cookman and Troy
And without the teams I mentioned our record would be identical to Nebraska's. 2 of our 4 power 5 wins were against a 2 win UNC team and 5 win fsu and we had to come from behind to beat them, with our other two power 5 wins coming against 6 win VA Tech and 7-7 Pittsburgh. So who are we to look down on someone else? Nebraska is ranked because of their head coach's body of work. If he can turn UCF into a household name you know he's gonna have Nebraskas ballin. Just sayin bro...

Advertisement
We were total doodoo last year.. getting a$$raped by LSU to start the season and Wisconsin to bookend it didn't help....

No one outside of CG believes the hype..
and i don't blame them.
We are like a drunk who has fallen off the wagon one too many times.

Just win, the rest will even out.
Spoken like a REALIST!

Nebraska finished the season pretty strong. 4-2 with a 5 point loss to OSU and 3 pt loss to Iowa.

We looked like **** at the end. 2-4 finish and threw a 35-3 loss to Wisconsin in a bowl.

And without the teams I mentioned we would have the same record as Nebraska .
And without the teams I mentioned our record would be identical to Nebraska's. 2 of our 4 power 5 wins were against a 2 win UNC team and 5 win fsu and we had to come from behind to beat them, with our other two power 5 wins coming against 6 win VA Tech and 7-7 Pittsburgh. So who are we to look down on someone else? Nebraska is ranked because of their head coach's body of work. If he can turn UCF into a household name you know he's gonna have Nebraskas ballin. Just sayin bro...

Whatever you need to do to justify Nebraska go for it.

4 and 8 makes no sense.

Neither does Michigan at 7

I don't want us in the Top 25 right now. I want Manny to show and tell our guys they have to earn it if they want to be ranked!

Advertisement
Back