Not going to Punish my Family

Advertisement
I envy you, I've been trying to give up on this team for years. I don't care as much as I used to, but I still get upset when we lose.
I haven’t given up I’m just making this the 8pm game for me by recording it.

This isn't an airport, you don't have to announce your departure. I get it, it's frustrating watching this program find new ways to shoot itself in the foot, that said, these mopey "Woe is me, I can't do it anymore" posts are annoying as ****. Trust me, I am cranky for 30 minutes after losses(usually after fielding calls from my friends where we gripe at each other about what we just witnessed), after that, it's time to move on. It's a game, played and coached by other humans who are flawed as all ****. Maybe because our fanbase is made up mostly of people that have little to no loyalty to the University itself, and views the athletics program the way most of us view professional sports franchises, that whenever the product isn't compelling, it's time to bail. Barring a PSU level scandal, I'm not going anywhere. Why? Because the school listed on my diplomas isn't changing and I'm committed to The U, no matter wha(My AZ license plate is literally UM4Life, holla if you hear me). Don't get me wrong, I will reallocate my financial support, especially when I feel that leadership isn't making sound decisions, but I'm going to ride and die with my alma mater, period.
Again I live 1,300 miles away and a 10 year season ticket holder and my seats have never gone unfilled. Who said I’m going anywhere? All I said was I’m not watching it at 3:30.

It’s been years since a Canes game has got be upset. However, the GT debacle got my blood boiling.

I will never forgive the pendejo. He completely ****ed the team over.

download.jpg

Great day of no Canes football. Caught some fish with the family and can catch the last 9 minutes of the game and watch us get our asses beat. Do yourselves a favor and free yourselves from the Canes.

Advertisement
I am not even listening to the game on WQAM while I am trucking tonight.

Work sucks, the hours are long, why should I make myself even more miserable?

By ruining another weekend. Nope not going to run home cutting our Saturday activities short. I’m not going to have them sit there, watch me get angry, and stew in frustration for the rest of the night. What I am going to do is spend my Saturday with my wife and kids doing something fun and just record the game. Then after the day is done I’ll sit down and watch it fast forwarding the commercials and all the other crap. My wife puts up with me being a season ticket holder living in NJ, she deserves to have a pleasant husband on the weekend.
I so support this post.

Advertisement
Back