Not going to Punish my Family

Advertisement
We’ve seen this scenario before. We lose out plus the bowl game then we’re fed the bull**** hype for the next year. Nothing new. It’s pretty tough to support when we lose to lesser teams and are asked to trust the system. It seems this team’s coaches aren’t concerned about winning right now. I can come up with a comparable excuse not to watch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
By ruining another weekend. Nope not going to run home cutting our Saturday activities short. I’m not going to have them sit there, watch me get angry, and stew in frustration for the rest of the night. What I am going to do is spend my Saturday with my wife and kids doing something fun and just record the game. Then after the day is done I’ll sit down and watch it fast forwarding the commercials and all the other crap. My wife puts up with me being a season ticket holder living in NJ, she deserves to have a pleasant husband on the weekend.
Yeah, right.
See you on the flight to FLL next weekend.

I stopped planning my weekends around Canes football years ago. My boys hurt with me through some horrible losses... especially remember my 12 year old in tears after a hyped up Manny special at the Hard Rock. Long ride back home to Orlando... said never again, after that. Can't do that to my kids anymore.
I hear you. Living in Austria we have a time shift of 6 hours, so the late games I am normally watching the next day. I was very happy not having to endure this nightmare of a game until 4:30 am (only watched the first half, neighbors still heard me cursing I guess) in the morning cause after games like these I feel devastated and Sunday has already begun without any sleep. Deadly combination for having a nice family day.

By ruining another weekend. Nope not going to run home cutting our Saturday activities short. I’m not going to have them sit there, watch me get angry, and stew in frustration for the rest of the night. What I am going to do is spend my Saturday with my wife and kids doing something fun and just record the game. Then after the day is done I’ll sit down and watch it fast forwarding the commercials and all the other crap. My wife puts up with me being a season ticket holder living in NJ, she deserves to have a pleasant husband on the weekend.
Agreed. And "all the other crap" includes our offensive drives.

Advertisement
Love and marriage, Love and marriage.
al GIF

OK, all set for the Louisville game.

Itinerary:
Flt out of Newark @ 6:10 am, land at 9:15.
Rent car, get to stadium @ 10.
Steel food/drink from @SpikeUM 's tailgate.
Game @ 12.
Watch a big Cane's win in their last home game of the year.
Game over @ 3:30
Outta HRS and over to Las Olas for a burger and beer @ 5.
Kiss waitress goodbye and off to the airport @ 6:30.
Flight back to Newark @ 8:30
Back in NJ @ 11:30.

Just tell the wife you're heading out for "the day"...
You in??

Advertisement

Itinerary:
Game @ 12.

You in??

Should we invite @Madabs to the tailgate?

Itinerary:
Game @ 12.

You in??
3:30. Lol.

Advertisement
Back