Not Crowning Him, But What Pro QB Does TVD Remind You Of?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Advertisement
Strange comp on this site, but Jameis.

Both have a fairly long delivery. Both are not particularly willing runners, but both have the ability to run and pick up yards. Athletically, they're quite similar.

Obviously, TVD is more mature than Jameis (then and now!) and has 0 of the off field issues so they're different in that regard.

Advertisement
I completely forgot about this

Kid has a couple good games and gets compared to arguably the greatest arm talent football has ever seen. A QB who completed passes into double and triple coverage. A guy who transcended NFL offenses and smashed every passing record known to man and basically put them out of reach until the league changed their rule book.

Gotta love this site.

Kid has a couple good games and gets compared to arguably the greatest arm talent football has ever seen. A QB who completed passes into double and triple coverage. A guy who transcended NFL offenses and smashed every passing record known to man and basically put them out of reach until the league changed their rule book.

Gotta love this site.
par for the course.

Advertisement
I'm old enough to remember Jacory Harris being tabbed "Tan Marino" after having a couple of good games, only to be lambasted and called everything under the sun when he didn't meet some of the resident CIS Mel Kiper's expectations. Let's leave the kid alone with the nickname and comparisons.
Harris was 'Black Dorsey' after his 400-yard game at FSU.....didn't last

Gotta love this site.
No one is saying he is as good as. No one. Simply stating similarities in passing style does not mean saying as good as. Who should we compare him to? Billy Bob Jones, a 5th grader from Iowa that no one has ever seen play?

Kid is fvckin' legit though, all jokes aside.
The offense is humming with him. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I swear it looks completely different now. Sometimes OC's call their offense differently depending on the capabilities of their QB, and maybe TVD is finding open guys that King couldn't see. Also, I don't remember us involving the RB in the passing game this much before, so credit to Lashlee/TVD for using Rooster's abilities in multiple ways. We've even made an effort to get both TE's involved at the same time.

Advertisement
No one is saying he is as good as. No one. Simply stating similarities in passing style does not mean saying as good as. Who should we compare him to? Billy Bob Jones, a 5th grader from Iowa that no one has ever seen play?
I'm aware of the context. Still, no.

The offense is humming with him. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I swear it looks completely different now. Sometimes OC's call their offense differently depending on the capabilities of their QB, and maybe TVD is finding open guys that King couldn't see. Also, I don't remember us involving the RB in the passing game this much before, so credit to Lashlee/TVD for using Rooster's abilities in multiple ways. We've even made an effort to get both TE's involved at the same time.
#4 should be even more involved. Minimal 6-8 targets/game.

Advertisement
King was excellent, but he was always an athlete playing at qb, he was also 5'9 on a good day. He looked to run as soon as something was missing.

TVD can see over the line, he's a qb that is athletic. and he goes through his progressions. I'd love for him to add the shoulder fake that King used so much..it froze defenders nicely.

Advertisement
Back