Not Crowning Him, But What Pro QB Does TVD Remind You Of?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
This thread is funny. I will go Bobby Orr of Football. Revolutionaries both. 🙂

Advertisement
Animated GIF
but i cant help myself rob gronkowski GIF
Animated GIF
Adam Sandler Fight GIF

This guy^^^

Advertisement
Advertisement
Aaron Rodgers?!?!?!

Good God, please stop...

Aaron Rodgers is literally one of the top 3 greatest QB’s to ever play the game & arguably the most talented pure passer ever... I know TVD has had a nice 2 games but Jesus Fn Christ man, yall gotta get ahold of yourselves lol.

Nah, Aaron Rodgers is barely one of the 3 greatest QB’s ever to play FOR THE PACKERS, let alone the whole NFL.

Top of my head…Bret Favre, Bart Starr, and Don Majkowski were all better

I can see a bit of young (BC) Matt Ryan

Advertisement
Aaron Rodgers?!?!?!

Good God, please stop...

Aaron Rodgers is literally one of the top 3 greatest QB’s to ever play the game & arguably the most talented pure passer ever... I know TVD has had a nice 2 games but Jesus Fn Christ man, yall gotta get ahold of yourselves lol.
So what you’re saying is TVD is number four all time just behind Aaron? I also agree.

I see shades of Phillip Rivers and Dan Marino.

Not saying that he’s as good as any of them at this stage in his career. His footwork reminds me of Rivers, while his release is a combo of Rivers/Marino. Also throws the deep ball with a lot of velocity, and on a rope, not as much height as other QB’s, but very accurately, which also reminds me of Dan.
I never in my life would have thought my Miami Hurricanes would have a QB that compared to Marino in any way. Yet, here we are. TVD has a cannon, and you're right, his deep ball has a lower trajectory. Even the way the ball leaves his hand is similar. That short TD pass to Rambo against NC State was very Marinoesque.

Advertisement
I never in my life would have thought my Miami Hurricanes would have a QB that compared to Marino in any way. Yet, here we are. TVD has a cannon, and you're right, his deep ball has a lower trajectory. Even the way the ball leaves his hand is similar. That short TD pass to Rambo against NC State was very Marinoesque.
The way the ball leaves his hand is definitely reminiscent of Dan. I was watching videos of Marino last night, and then TVD’s highlights, the release and deep ball are incredibly similar.

I’m excited to see his progression in these next few games. I’ve been really impressed the last 2 games with his decision making, and his improvement in going through his reads and looking LB’s and safeties off.

It also helps that our OL’s pass blocking seems to have improved tremendously. If they keep on giving him time to throw, and Lashlee continues to call an aggressive and creative game plan, watch out.

I'm old enough to remember Jacory Harris being tabbed "Tan Marino" after having a couple of good games, only to be lambasted and called everything under the sun when he didn't meet some of the resident CIS Mel Kiper's expectations. Let's leave the kid alone with the nickname and comparisons.

I see shades of Phillip Rivers and Dan Marino.

Not saying that he’s as good as any of them at this stage in his career. His footwork reminds me of Rivers, while his release is a combo of Rivers/Marino. Also throws the deep ball with a lot of velocity, and on a rope, not as much height as other QB’s, but very accurately, which also reminds me of Dan.
Agree.

I'm old enough to remember Jacory Harris being tabbed "Tan Marino" after having a couple of good games, only to be lambasted and called everything under the sun when he didn't meet some of the resident CIS Mel Kiper's expectations. Let's leave the kid alone with the nickname and comparisons.
Jacory’s release and footwork looked nothing like Marino’s. I think people named him that because they were saying at that time that he was as good as Dan the Man, which was asinine to begin with.

Also, no one is saying he’s as good as any of the aforementioned (I can assure you that at least I’m not), just that some of his traits are similar or reminiscent of Dan.

He has a LONG way to go to be in the conversation with Dan and Phillip Rivers, but pointing out similarities in hand release, footwork and the trajectory of his deep ball are not the same as saying he is the next Dan Marino, Phillip Rivers, etc..

Advertisement
Back