Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
Whoever bumped this thread today thank you. it ******* delivers

I want him back too, just for the record. I don’t want to go 3 straight years 3 different coordinators and go through 10 weeks of a search to get someone worse. He aint perfect, but at his peak he showed me enough to earn a 2nd year here with the OL and skill guys we have. I know Canes aren’t accustomed to it, but we desperately need some continuity around these parts. Get him a ******* QB and let’s get the **** on the go please for the love of God.

No way. Dawson had full control of the offense the first 4 games. Then Mario meddled against GT. He half meddled against UNC. Clemson was FULL meddle, I'm not even sure Dawson was at the game (did anyone see him on the sideline?), meddled a ton against UVA, and then OMG did he meddle against NC State. I was told he actually demoted Dawson before that game and he and Mirabal called the offense together. FSU was partly Dawson. And then Dawson got full control of the offense for Louisville and Mario didn't even get on the offensive headset during the BC game.

Nope this is just incorrect…and revisionist history

It was pouring against G.Tech and TVD already made a complete fool of himself with multiple picks, horribly missed targets and other balls that should have been picked

When was the meddle against UNC? Stats and play-by-play totally prove you wrong and I've posted them. TVD goes full ape**** in the 3rd quarter.

Clemson? The only reason we won is BECAUSE he meddled! 3 quarters of about 70 yards of offense outward Brassard Smith's run.

VA? Are you nuts…Go watch that tape…TVD looks like a high school QB. And again "meddling" and going back to the run actually saved us from a loss to a **** team.

In pasts posts I've produced run/pass ratios…yardages…play by play, etc…All I get is narrative, gifs, and tantrums in return. You people come back with fairy tales and "bro ball". Again, Mario definitely deserve some of the blame….No doubt about it. But the "meddling" didn't come until after TVD regressed 99 steps backwards and started throwing picks, and missing receivers GROSSLY…Not just missing them, but missing them by 10 yards, and then took the next step of not wanting to throw to any window because he was scared and confused.

I woulda been scared to death to put ANYTHING in TVD's hands after GT, 2h UNC, VA, and NC ST…He was absolute dogshyt…Full Rick Ankiel meltdown.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It was pouring against G.Tech and TVD already made a complete fool of himself with multiple picks, horribly missed targets and other balls that should have been picked

When was the meddle against UNC? Stats and play-by-play totally prove you wrong and I've posted them. TVD goes full ape**** in the 3rd quarter.

Clemson? The only reason we won is BECAUSE he meddled! 3 quarters of about 70 yards of offense outward Brassard Smith's run.

VA? Are you nuts…Go watch that tape…TVD looks like a high school QB. And again "meddling" and going back to the run actually saved us from a loss to a **** team.

In pasts posts I've produced run/pass ratios…yardages…play by play, etc…All I get is narrative, gifs, and taintrums in return. You people come back with fairy tales and "bro ball". Again, Mario definitely deserve some of the blame….No count about it. The "meddling" didn't come until after TVD regressed 99 steps backwards and started throwing picks, and missing receivers GROSSLY…Not just missing them, but having no clue.

I woulda been scared to death to put ANYTHING in TVD's hands after GT, 2h UNC, VA, and NC ST…He was absolute dogshyt…Full Rick Ankiel meltdown.

I will never quit this place. Ever.

In pasts posts I've produced run/pass ratios…yardages…play by play, etc…All I get is narrative, gifs, and taintrums in return. You people come back with fairy tales and "bro ball". Again, Mario definitely deserve some of the blame….No count about it. The "meddling" didn't come until after TVD regressed 99 steps backwards and started throwing picks, and missing receivers GROSSLY…Not just missing them, but having no clue.

He was being sarcastic brotha‘ lol.

I will never quit this place. Ever.

You shouldn't….Becuase you give an ounce of proof.

GT and TVD happened before any meddling…Go watch TVD vs. GT…He misses about 8-10 throws in the game? And we are supposed to let him keep chucking…And in the weather? And Mario isn't supposed to meddle? Then 2h UNC happened after a pretty well called run/mix 1h… He takes a complete **** before some meaningless garbage time stats. TVD was so f'in bad against VA I quit watching the game…He under threw a sure TD by 10 yards…Not 3, not 5…10

Clemson? Lol…We couldn't complete a wr screen, and couldn't get a 1st down until he we went ground and pound.

This **** happened ^^^…You are wrong if you say othertwise. Go look at recaps, go rewatch the game. Go calculate the yardages... TVD was that bad

Advertisement
I'm neutral on Dawson. Wouldn't have hired him in the 1st place, but he isn't a bad coordinator. I like would like some continuity for sure.

But some of these things Roman pointed out in the red zone against Louisville and times I've had the courage to rewatch some of these games does scare me about him. The what... 3? Colbie Young RZ targets all season scares the **** out of me…And I do still think we need to be both physical and a downfield passing team, so I would like it not to be a total 3 game identity meltdown crisis and war between HC and OC when we start going too far in one direction.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I can't get here.. . I do understand some of the Mario concerns

But the offense morphed this year because Van Dyke 1000% turned into Chuck Knoblach…Not because CMC meddled initially. He played like **** against GT and should have had more picks than the ridiculous ones he threw. So give him a pass for the weather…And chalk it up as a rough game. 1st half UNC was great run/pass with slightly more passes but TVD was still off…Then he **** himself totally in the 2h before picking up some cute garbage time stats.

Clemson, by mid 3q Emory Williams (with more passes than runs) was throwing for about 3 yards a pass attempt. Smashmouth (along with monster Bain and defense performance) was the only thing that saved us?

VA…TVD shyts himself. Late smashmouth saves us.

NC St…Lol…TVD BEYOND bad. Missing guys all over the field. Ridiculous pick in the end zone.

I'm not saying Cristobal handled everything perfectly, far from it…I would have either started TVD against FSU or AT THE VERY LEAST bring him in early 4th when we down 14. And Dawson definitely deserves some of the blame. But the "meddling" came long after our QB1 went total Rick Ankle.

Awesome reference. Chuck destroyed his legacy as a Yankee. ************ couldn't throw to first! Like just suddenly forgot how to throw - all mental.

Advertisement
Back