Not an OL coach but did they

I attended the game. I thought the run blocking was better than the norm early, especially from Donaldson. Then we had a chance to take control of the game leading 10-3 mid second quarter and 3rd and 1 from just inside Pittsburgh territory, if I remember correctly. However some of the backup linemen were in the game. Donaldson was out. I didn't like that, considering the way things were going. It was obviously going to be a low scoring game. Another touchdown would have been massive.

We ran a stupid slow developing play left and it was smothered. After that punt and then blowing another blown opportunity on the next drive while leading 10-6 the offensive line got worn down and N'Kosi was increasingly shook up.

It was the proper move to put Williams in the game. Frankly I didn't have much hope until I saw #15 in there. Both of those guys are similar in overall ability level but different strengths and weaknesses so one guy will fit one scenario best and the other guy the next scenario.

After a road win like that I don't care about offensive details. It's so satisfying to exit a stadium wearing the winning colors. I could enjoy the Grandview Overlook without revisiting anything that happened earlier. We won. It's impossible to attend a game like that without recognizing that our roster is loaded with one unremarkable player after another. No birthright to anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OL sucks. Kosi just doesn’t take sacks.

let’s see if Williams learned something over the next couple of weeks.

Advertisement
OL was definitely better. Kosi got himself out of 1-2 sacks that would have been on the OL, but also both sacks he did take were on him where he felt some pressure but panicked and took his eyes off downfield. That’s been him since Day 1. He has very poor pocket presence, but he’s elusive so he can avoid sacks. He has zero of that ability to slide in the pocket and “feel” pressure.

But the OL was better for sure. Compared to what we’ve seen and who we were playing, definitely better.

Zion freshman played against a technically sound stud DE give the kid a break .
Zion never gives up fighting he’s a four year starter soon we’ll be happy we have him .

That one move where the DE ducked low and went around was incredible...

Advertisement
Zion freshman played against a technically sound stud DE give the kid a break .
Zion never gives up fighting he’s a four year starter soon we’ll be happy we have him .
Exactly. Thought he had his best game at possibly the toughest position to play as a true freshman. It's too bad he had to be put in this position so early in his career, but it is what it is. Kid has had a very rough time this season.

The Oline played a little betta especially in the first half. Enos did a better job using TE and RB to help block and that maid a lot of da difference.

Canedog noticed that young mane, Clark, numba 53 me thinks. He seemed to due ok.

60, 55 and 65 seem to be the problems usually, with 65 being mainly a communication thing.

Zion and Donaldson get whooped though. Zion had his usual rough outing. Scaife was beat once that I saw, but was pretty solid otherwise. Jakai is fine, IMO.

Donaldson was OK for most of it, but he is too out of shape. They pulled him on that drive because he got beat by a LB a play before and just looked fatigued. Watching him pull is like watching a garbage truck do a three-point turn.

Advertisement
The Oline played a little betta especially in the first half. Enos did a better job using TE and RB to help block and that maid a lot of da difference.

Canedog noticed that young mane, Clark, numba 53 me thinks. He seemed to due ok.
How crazy is it that it has taken thru game 8 for Enos to take into account our OL deficiencies. On top of his standard practice poor playcalling, I couldn’t stomach seeing this same offensive coaching staff next year

Enos is finally doing more to protect them, but they are also playing better. The FSU game will be a big test against an athletic but underperforming DL.

ROFL, please take the word "athletic" out when you talking about Fsu's d-line, harlon barnett is their d-co, and that **** is taking a page right out of the big 10, penn disgrace morons blueprint, fatten em up, the defensive ends in particular, they d-line out their lumbering, lol. They did however bring coach leavitg in the fold, he maybe addressing that. That is definitely one of the things coach richt address with the team as soln as he got here, having guys playing at their proper weight and the results were almost instant!

Advertisement
Back