Norvell's Short Term Rebuilding Approach

How was the bolded to happen when half of the time they were attempting to set edges with Wes Bissainthe and his 215-220 pounds and Tecory Couch of all ppl.

The front they used yesterday didnt make much sense...i saw he tried to change up a bit after the half but the damage was done already. Add to it guys like Branson Deen, Gore, and whomeever elese they played at dt were non existent.
Guidry could collaborate the offseason too. Increase his football knowledge as well. get even more exotic and learn some power fronts since that doesn't seem to be his specialty. they have to have a hunger for getting better as coaches too.

Advertisement
All depends on if he hits on the QB
You know what? If we want a chance at a Cinderella story and actually go all the way and play for the NC, then yes, he will need to hit a homerun.

I don't think any reasonable fan or major donor expects a NC next year, not after 5-7,7-6 and the GT game. But, for the health of the program and to be building somewhere, we can win 10 games with Emory. Think about it, he beat Clemson and NEARLY beat FSU on the road with them at full capacity with all of their major contributors.

To have a Cinderella season, which we are waaaay overdue for, sure, let's get a stud QB transfer, but for next season to be a success, even with a stud QB, Mario has a lot growing and refining to do.

How was the bolded to happen when half of the time they were attempting to set edges with Wes Bissainthe and his 215-220 pounds and Tecory Couch of all ppl.

The front they used yesterday didnt make much sense...i saw he tried to change up a bit after the half but the damage was done already. Add to it guys like Branson Deen, Gore, and whomeever elese they played at dt were non existent.
Portal woes continue.

main
Its hilarious watching them think this way...i guess blind optimism but the thought process is we are on ah igher trajectory and a better team than them right now which is INSANE to me considering they are an undefeated team lol.

Guys are talking about.."lOok How theY FiNIShed the class" we flipped Armondo Blount bs as if that holds a sh*t ton of weight in the grand scheme
mainly because they are losing nearly every portal starter+travis.
They would have to hit at an insane
rate again this year.
If they dont the back ups are classes ranked in the 20s.

Advertisement
As of December 29, 2023 you are confident that the miami hurricanes will have a better season than fsu next year? I legitimately envy some of you guys and your outlooks on this program.

Yes, I am. I’m VERY confident it’s not a 6 win gap, too, like it is this year.

I am confident Miami will be better next year than they were this year.

I am confident FSU will be worse.

So let’s see how everyone looks at this time next year.

main

mainly because they are losing nearly every portal starter+travis.
They would have to hit at an insane
rate again this year.
If they dont the back ups are classes ranked in the 20s.
Bruh these class rankings mean ****. If you can't develop the players it doesnt matter. Texas A&M fielded a top 3 roster for years and couldn't break 8 wins. Iowa wins 10 games nearly every year with what ranking? Rutgers just pushed Miami **** in with what rankings? Signing the #3 class with a good coach is much different than signing #3 class with Maribro Corchobal.

Mario and Dawson after they get a QB need to sit with McDaniel from the Dolphins and get some creativity in the offensive scheme. That should absolutely be an asset with being in Miami. McDaniel seems like a cool guy who wouldnt mind sharing some insight. They just have to shed ego and be willing to expand and learn. Gotta figure the d line class would improve depth there where teams wont burn us up on the ground. It was crazy to see our d line getting washed so much and not being able to set the edges.

And the second part of what you said would be the problem in my opinion.Mario seems like the type that has to be or has to think he is the smartest guy in the room.

I’m not sure either him or Dawson would sit down with McDaniel and take any type of direction that they don’t agree with.

Bruh these class rankings mean ****. If you can't develop the players it doesnt matter. Texas A&M fielded a top 3 roster for years and couldn't break 8 wins. Iowa wins 10 games nearly every year with what ranking? Rutgers just pushed Miami **** in with what rankings? Signing the #3 class with a good coach is much different than signing #3 class with Maribro Corchobal.
agreed. Except unlike A&M he won plenty in Oregon developing his own guys. We will see if in year 3 we start seeing that development.

Advertisement
agreed. Except unlike A&M he won plenty in Oregon developing his own guys. We will see if in year 3 we start seeing that development.

Jumbo won more at fsu how many of those carried over?

Jumbo won more at fsu how many of those carried over?
Jumbo started buying any player he wanted culture be damned and was having people portal out of that #1 class the year after. Mario's retention and buy in from the guys he has recruited are already outpacing what Fisher accomplished at 8-4. Totally different processes.

And the second part of what you said would be the problem in my opinion.Mario seems like the type that has to be or has to think he is the smartest guy in the room.

I’m not sure either him or Dawson would sit down with McDaniel and take any type of direction that they don’t agree with.

Kind of depressing that Cristobal is 20 years younger than Saban but still has an approach to football that is 20 years behind Saban. All the way back to 2016, Saban was emphasizing the importance of spreading out a defense and wearing them out with pace. Yet you just have to turn on a Miami game and see WRs and TEs bunched in so close to the OL that it looks like we're in goal line formation.

"Peewee from Grand Bay, a spokesman of sorts, voiced the thoughts that echo through the interwebs any given Saturday. He asked about the high volume of perimeter plays Lane Kiffin calls early in the game.

Saban said the plan is to force defenses to defend Alabama in space to get the ball to playmakers.

"Some of the plays work, Saban said, sometimes they don't work. I get that. Most of the time when they don't work, it's not the play that was called, it's how we executed it and how the guys blocked the techniques or blocked the right guy. But I think it's much more stressful on the defense when they have to defend perimeter plays."

It's about the cumulative effect that has.

"If you notice in games, the other teams start getting tired in the second half. We had a really high play count -- almost 80 plays in this last game and I think they started getting tired."

Saban said some of the early perimeter plays are complemented by interior runs later in the game.

"I get what you're saying," Saban said about the concerns over the first-half play calling. "But I think there's a method to the madness that is to sort of make people play the perimeter. Make them put enough people on the perimeter and that does open up the inside running to some degree."

Jumbo started buying any player he wanted culture be damned and was having people portal out of that #1 class the year after. Mario's retention and buy in from the guys he has recruited are already outpacing what Fisher accomplished at 8-4. Totally different processes.
This is wishful thinking. We also have very few impactful players in those classes.

Advertisement
I disagree considering only one class
is in so far and they were true freshmen this year that produced three starters in Bain, Mauigoa and Fletcher. Lets give these kids time to develop before we say they are not impactful.
Nope. We need 17-18yr olds to all be stars immediately. It doesn’t matter that college football has more 22-24yr olds than we have ever seen. Who have 4+ years of college S&C, dozens of games, and a lot to play for.

Joking aside Mario deserves all the criticisms he receives. But I think next year he either cements it with an 8 win season or less. Or he hits on a qb and we win 10+. Which the Acc, UF, and our other non conf foes are as bad or worse than ever. It really sets up for the upward trajectory to continue next year. But we def need a qb and I myself would feel better with a true #1 WR(love X but would like a bigger target too) another CB, and a LB(that kid from USC maybe). Keep developing all the young guys and hopefully 2-3 of the Freshman make the jump quick.

I also missed Damari Brown who was getting starter snaps at the end of this year.
I disagree considering only one class
is in so far and they were true freshmen this year that produced three starters in Bain, Mauigoa and Fletcher. Lets give these kids time to develop before we say they are not impactful.

Advertisement
this
Nope. We need 17-18yr olds to all be stars immediately. It doesn’t matter that college football has more 22-24yr olds than we have ever seen. Who have 4+ years of college S&C, dozens of games, and a lot to play for.

Joking aside Mario deserves all the criticisms he receives. But I think next year he either cements it with an 8 win season or less. Or he hits on a qb and we win 10+. Which the Acc, UF, and our other non conf foes are as bad or worse than ever. It really sets up for the upward trajectory to continue next year. But we def need a qb and I myself would feel better with a true #1 WR(love X but would like a bigger target too) another CB, and a LB(that kid from USC maybe). Keep developing all the young guys and hopefully 2-3 of the Freshman make the jump quick.
this right here💯💯

Nba Playoffs GIF by Milwaukee Bucks

He saved his job… he lost to Jacksonville state at home. Dude looked as doomed as Napier. Struck absolutely unreal that year in the portal to save his job and got this two year run which has come to an end.

It’s not sustainable as you need your own guys buying in and building but he saved his job while giving him a few more years of cushion

Exactly it’s not sustainable on so many levels

1) the portal was relatively new and he got in early, it’s more competitive now and we see not as kids are picking them out of the portal.

2) covid players had more eligibility than normal
3) top end portal talent is crazy expensive.

Lol Texas A&M is such a bad example everyone knows Jimbo is the worst at building culture and accountability.

But still you chose to ignore all other edvidence to try and support your case.

So what about Bama, Clemson, UGa, OSU, Oregon, Texas…we going to ignore them stacking top 5-10 classes and getting results?

Advertisement
Back